Outlook Express feeding contact data to Outlook 2000

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.
Jul 10, 2003
www.trade2win.com
I use Outlook Express as my email client and Outlook 2000 for appointments, contacts, notes etc.

For some unaccountable reason, each time I get a new contact in my email client (by replying to their email for instance) it automatically loads the new contact data into Outlook 2000.

Now, this is a handy little feature - if that's what you want to happen. I don't!

Can't find out how to fix it. Looked in both products to see who/what is responsible, but nothing obvious.

Any gurus out there...?

Jul 10, 2003
www.trade2win.com
Solution

Within Outlook Express, you use tools - address book - tools - options : and you are presented with the option of either sharing your contact data with other apps, or not. I didn't manually set this up so something must have done it automatically.

Solves the on-going problem of not automatically adding all new email contacts to my main Outlook address book, but leaves the housekeeping exercise of cleaning out all the extraneous garbage... :devilish: