Only on a sunday

Glenn

I'm sure you're right but the trading persona must have added its ego to that of the teachers ego LOL

OK, so your just jesting - fair enough. OK to have a laugh now and then.
Paul and I were trying to help.

Glenn

Trader333 said:
Far from being weak or feeble minded I would say that maybe Socrates is conducting a test. If the response is "How dare you treat me this way" then clearly the ego is not yet ready to let go.

Paul

Paul

I think that Glenn's explanation makes sense. Socrates proposes a separate trading persona that does'nt have any ego. He certainly does not seem to be saying that anybody must ditch his ego in the real world.

If this is the case then your explanation for his behaviour [ socrates is conducting a test ........ ] does'nt stack up.

Glenn said:
OK, so your just jesting - fair enough. OK to have a laugh now and then.
Paul and I were trying to help.

Glenn

No I'm not having a larf

I am amazed at the way he conducts himself and even more amazed that so many put up with it.

"I am amazed at the way he conducts himself and even more amazed that so many put up with it."

I have met a number of very clever successful people. Many of them were also obnoxious in some way. Not Socratees in my opinion
But however you perceive them, if you want to learn from them you have to put that aside and concentrate on the content.
Glenn

Glenn

It's a good thing that we're not having this discussion on his thread and also that the two threads have been split as I'm hoping that this will allow him to move on at a quicker pace. I am not yet convinced that the content is anything special [ and I am concentrating !]. He promises a lot but I cant see that he has delivered much up to now.

james88 said:
I am amazed at the way he conducts himself and even more amazed that so many put up with it.
I don't understand why you believe anyone cares what your opinions are about Socrates.

james88 said:
to move on at a quicker pace. I am not yet convinced that the content is anything special ...He promises a lot but I cant see that he has delivered much up to now.
Socreates has provided copious amounts of quality information. Most of this is priceless. Every word is there for a purpose, but if you have your duffer coat pulled over your eyes then you cannot see it.

Why do you want him to go at a quicker pace when its obvious you've not understood what has been achieved so far?

Hi all...

i'm a real rookie as you can see from few postings.....having now surfed this site for a coupla weeks and a few others that have decent Mentor/Teachings/coaching action on them I use the following philosophy for any type of knowledge exchange :-

1) absorb the info graciously (where else can you get good knowledge offered for nothing !!)
2) take the essence of the lesson in, recognising we all have very different ways of giving / interpreting info
3) recognise that written word is sometimes a very poor method of communicating (NLP)
4) if you continue to dislike certain Styles / Egos / Attitudes, move on and find more suitable mentors...

Nuff Said....
NVP

james88 said:
Glenn

It's a good thing that we're not having this discussion on his thread and also that the two threads have been split as I'm hoping that this will allow him to move on at a quicker pace. I am not yet convinced that the content is anything special [ and I am concentrating !]. He promises a lot but I cant see that he has delivered much up to now.

He has delivered stories contrived to make you think.
You have to do the thinking otherwise you won't get the message.
It's hard work and you have to stick at it.
What's the rush anyway ? Are you hoping to become an expert tomorrow ?
It won't happen like that and you must surely know that.
This is the beginning of the beginning.

"I cant see that he has delivered much up to now"
If you haven't learnt anything, then either you knew it already or you've not made the effort.
Unless you simply don't have the right character, which puts you in the majority.
Perhaps this is a way to find out ?
Most people fail as traders, so to find out that you will be one of then will save you money and time.
Perhaps not what you want to hear, but at least you can move on and concentrate elsewhere.

I'm not saying that his is the only way, but it is a way. If the cap fits, wear it, otherwise ...

Glenn

NVP said:
Hi all...

i'm a real rookie as you can see from few postings.....having now surfed this site for a coupla weeks and a few others that have decent Mentor/Teachings/coaching action on them I use the following philosophy for any type of knowledge exchange :-

1) absorb the info graciously (where else can you get good knowledge offered for nothing !!)
2) take the essence of the lesson in, recognising we all have very different ways of giving / interpreting info
3) recognise that written word is sometimes a very poor method of communicating (NLP)
4) if you continue to dislike certain Styles / Egos / Attitudes, move on and find more suitable mentors...

Nuff Said....
NVP
Hmmm. I wasn't going to reply to any posts on this thread because I believed the intent of the thread wasn't positive.

But this one from NVP has brought me out of lurk mode.

NVP - proving a point that number of posts in no way reflects on the quality of what is being said. (And yes, I realise the converse is not necessarily untrue either)...)

james88 said:
I've been reading the posts over at socrates new thread and many of the remarks posted here about his group are very interesting

Theres an exchange going on at the moment between socrates and dc200 #599. dc200 asks a question and socrates response is " I will answer your question once you have thought about what you are asking before asking me again"

What strikes me is that the anybody who tolerates this type of behaviour from their "teacher" must be very desperate or feeble or probably both. I would be very surprised if those who are "suitably wired" make any impression on the trading world

Glenn and 2 Bars

Looks as if I was right to wonder about you guys who hang on to his every word.

2Bars is straight onto the attack. Duffer coats etc. How long b4 the dunces and donkeys ?

Glenn, refreshing to see that you considered the possibility of me "knowing it already" but why can't you discuss this issue without getting personal ? Might be a good idea to ask your wife ?

"...why can't you discuss this issue without getting personal ?"

If that's what you think I was doing then you're wrong.
I am trying to be objective and help you.
I no longer have the inclination.

"What strikes me is that the anybody who tolerates this type of behaviour from their "teacher" must be very desperate or feeble or probably both. I would be very surprised if those who are "suitably wired" make any impression on the trading world"
"2Bars is straight onto the attack."
Who started it ?

Good luck
Glenn

If you already a successful trader then you do not need to read it.

I think it's worth everyone following the thread. There's always a new angle to look at.
You won't be able to decide whether you know it until the end of the exercise.

Glenn said:
"...
I am trying to be objective and help you.
I no longer have the inclination.

Good luck
Glenn

You have'nt succeeded in being objective and you have'nt helped me either, but thats probably because your ego's interfering !

Goodluck2u2

james88

Would you kindly refrain from making posts which attack others and can be viewed as rude. There is no need for any rudeness or aggression towards others on these boards. If you wish to attack other members, even those who are trying to help you, then please take your toys and go into someone else's playground.

Skimbleshanks said:
james88

Would you kindly refrain from making posts which attack others and can be viewed as rude. There is no need for any rudeness or aggression towards others on these boards. If you wish to attack other members, even those who are trying to help you, then please take your toys and go into someone else's playground.

I think you should lighten up .#34 was very much tongue in cheek.

Ahhh, so #34 was tongue in cheek, was it? Well, actually, I was referring to your posts #16 and #19 and #21 and #24 and #26 and #31 which refer to Socrates and/or Glenn.

james88 said:
What strikes me is that the anybody who tolerates this type of behaviour from their "teacher" must be very desperate or feeble or probably both. I would be very surprised if those who are "suitably wired" make any impression on the trading world

james88 said:
There is nobody on this BB whose posts reveal as much ego as socrates.

james88 said:
I'm sure you're right but the trading persona must have added its ego to that of the teachers ego

james88 said:

james88 said:
I'm hoping that this will allow him to move on at a quicker pace. I am not yet convinced that the content is anything special [ and I am concentrating !]. He promises a lot but I cant see that he has delivered much up to now.

james88 said:
Glenn, refreshing to see that you considered the possibility of me "knowing it already" but why can't you discuss this issue without getting personal ? Might be a good idea to ask your wife ?

And you think I should lighten up? I think you should consider this your final warning.

Funny that when I attach my post, quoted below , it clearly includes LOL at the end. Yet when you do the same the LOL disappears.

My posts might not be to your liking but they certainly are not intentionally rude.

james88 said:
Glenn

I'm sure you're right but the trading persona must have added its ego to that of the teachers ego LOL

james88 said:
Funny that when I attach my post, quoted below , it clearly includes LOL at the end. Yet when you do the same the LOL disappears.

My posts might not be to your liking but they certainly are not intentionally rude.

James

Never mind your intentions. Your posts are OK The only one who has been rude is Two Bars.

Skim will eventually lighten up when she gets over her infatuation with Socrates

Hang in there ........................