Online trading academy

Mistermoneymaker

Hi all,
Has anyone had any experiences with 'online trading academy'? I have come across their website which offers a professional trader's course over 7 days costing £4k and it looks very interesting.
Thanks in advance

Hi all,
Has anyone had any experiences with 'online trading academy'? I have come across their website which offers a professional trader's course over 7 days costing £4k and it looks very interesting.
Thanks in advance

Ask them whether you can pay them from your future trading profits after you graduate there :clap:?

Paying for anything is stupid. Every one of these $5K programs is full of information you can find yourself. You don't need to pay $5K for somebody to read to you.

Hi all,
Thanks in advance

..........and highly profitable for them indeed ;)

and when you've finished paying the 4k they'll upsell their next step courses eg xlt etc and masters, which in itself has expensive prerequisite courses and eye watering ongoing yearly costs :eek:

I see from your previous posts that a. you didn't like black swan much and b. looks to have a track record of liking the mentors and training.

I'm curious to know what leads you to believe this outfit will be any better than Allan Rich in getting you profitable?

so it basically takes 4k and 7 days for those boys to turn you into a ultra hyper mega money making machine? it just does not sound serious...

I haven't any expectations either way with this company. I haven't seen or heard any negative comments about them from anyone who have dealt with them. To me they seem professional in their manner and approach, I will be cautious at every step, looking for the catch etc. the free day will hopefully expose to me if they have a hidden agenda.
With regard to drtro's comment that 'paying for anything is stupid', I totally disagree with you my friend! Over the years I have spent thousands on marketing programmes and courses and that money has come back to me many times over. Yes the information is out there, it always has been, and the internet has made it freely available, but only in disjointed snippets. So when somebody takes the trouble to assemble and refine that information and present it in the form of a course or package that can be understood and implemented then that person or people are going to want to be compensated for their efforts.
Timoti, it would be ridiculous to expect to become a master trader on the strength of seven days tuition. What I would expect though, for my investment, is to learn a technique or method of trading that gives me the confidence and discipline and ability to successfully trade the markets allowing me to consistently grow my trading fund to the point where I can consider trading as my main source of income. I am not looking for a magic pill, I simply want to shorten the learning curve.

. . . What I would expect though, for my investment, is to learn a technique or method of trading that gives me the confidence and discipline and ability to successfully trade the markets allowing me to consistently grow my trading fund to the point where I can consider trading as my main source of income. I am not looking for a magic pill, I simply want to shorten the learning curve.
Hi Mistermoneymaker,
What you "expect" is what most prospective trainees thinking of attending such courses expect. And, on the face of it, your expectation is entirely reasonable. Sadly, you'll almost certainly be disappointed. I'll explain why. I'm currently writing an introductory trading book and this is a paragraph from the introduction . . .

"Hopefully, this introduction has given you an insight into what [the book] is and what it will do for you. Equally important is to understand what it isn’t and what it won’t do for you. It is not a complete turnkey system or cookie cutter solution that guarantees success. Sorry! If that’s what you’re after, save yourself the time looking, as it doesn’t exist. Similarly, it is not a definitive guide that teaches you how to trade as such. No course, book, DVD or video etc. can do that and this book is no exception. All any of them can do is to highlight the things that you’d do well to consider (in the view of the respective authors) in your quest to teach yourself how to trade. Individual mentors or coaches at proprietary trading firms can go one step further by teaching you how they trade. But that’s very different from teaching you how to trade per se. It’s important that you understand the difference."

So, OTA will claim quite legitimately that they'll teach you all that you 'expect', but understand there is a massive disconnect between that and applying it in order "to successfully trade the markets allowing me to consistently grow my trading fund to the point where I can consider trading as my main source of income." I'm afraid you'll have to teach yourself to do that and, likely as not, it'll take many years rather than a few short weeks or months.
Tim.

Last edited:
Thank you Tim, your comments and advice are appreciated. I must admit that the feeling in my gut about this firm is that it is marketed well and will be as you say, disappointed.
The fear for me really, is the risk of following the wrong information and end up with money and precious time being lost!

to get a good idea of what they are about is go take a look at their careers page.

scroll through the long list, you will find only one instructor vacancy, the rest are back office or mainly sales vacancies. when I perused their main web pages I came across the term "Education Counselor", sounds like someone employed to look after your learning wellbeing if having difficulties doesn't it. not so by the job description.

The Top Education Counselors in our network are excellent at bonding and rapport. They are strong relationship builders, great communicators and love the opportunity for unlimited earnings. Fueled by leads from our exceptional marketing team, you will sell award-winning educational programs supported by the best customer resources in a proven, consultative selling model.

I have no idea what they teach, but rest assured it will only be mix of public domain ideas and strategies probably consisting of support/resistance/fibonacci/hi-lo trading zones combined with indicators/bolly bands/moving averages etc.

Roll up-roll up

to get a good idea of what they are about is go take a look at their careers page.

scroll through the long list, you will find only one instructor vacancy, the rest are back office or mainly sales vacancies. when I perused their main web pages I came across the term "Education Counselor", sounds like someone employed to look after your learning wellbeing if having difficulties doesn't it. not so by the job description.

I have no idea what they teach, but rest assured it will only be mix of public domain ideas and strategies probably consisting of support/resistance/fibonacci/hi-lo trading zones combined with indicators/bolly bands/moving averages etc.

I would not be surprised if the company sends one or more "patsies" to post on this site under the guise of people seeking opinions on a vendor/course or, quite common, one or more "plants/patsies" will turn up and sing the praises of the course(s). The clever scammers simply field an "innocent" sounding "plant" who asks an opinion, yet who gives himself/herself away when sound advice from board members is simply ignored as the "plant" insists the scammer has merit.
We've all seen it before. A fact the scammer seems unaware of.;)

Thank you Tim, your comments and advice are appreciated. I must admit that the feeling in my gut about this firm is that it is marketed well and will be as you say, disappointed.
The fear for me really, is the risk of following the wrong information and end up with money and precious time being lost!

There's no magic holy grail strategy. If you want to pay somebody $5K to teach you how a RSI and Moving Average works, then be my guest. Just take your own time, and research yourself. They are doing nothing but chrarging you $5K to read material to you compromised and paraphrased from sources you can find on Google.

http://thepatternsite.com

This guy has researched just about everything, and gives you the informtion, for free. It's a good starting place.

recieved an invite to their free trading workshop and actually thought about going for all of about 10 seconds.i thought it would be a nice day out but then came to my senses and realised it would be just a complete waste of time.all they will be peddling will be some expensive trading course,all of which can be freely found on the web no doubt.
so im going to save my time and not waste it attending one of these workshops where i would be having to fight off some salesman trying to sell me,basically sh1t

thank you for all your information ..
it was really helpful for me as i am new to this ..
thank you..

recieved an invite to their free trading workshop and actually thought about going for all of about 10 seconds.i thought it would be a nice day out but then came to my senses and realised it would be just a complete waste of time.all they will be peddling will be some expensive trading course,all of which can be freely found on the web no doubt.
so im going to save my time and not waste it attending one of these workshops where i would be having to fight off some salesman trying to sell me,basically sh1t

any seminar run by sales professionals is a minefield for the average layperson/family ...Trading , timeshare , MLM , real estate , they are masters of their universe

these guys can sell ice to eskimos (and the freezer extended warranty)

beware beware beware .............I used to work with salesman and 10-15% of the people in the room minimum will part with their money before the session ends ...............these are good odds and very very lucrative businesses

wish I had the sales ability (and the complete absence of a conscience/morals) to do it myself as I would be a millionaire

N

Hi all,
Thanks in advance
Hello my friend, could you become a qualified plumber or electrician for arguments sake in seven days? The answer would be No. Take 6-7 years of trial and error educate yourself (for free) and then just maybe you may be able to take some profit out of the markets.

And for anyone else considering parting with your hard earned money If these idiots are so good at trading why are they wasting time selling bull**** courses??

Hello my friend, could you become a qualified plumber or electrician for arguments sake in seven days? The answer would be No. Take 6-7 years of trial and error educate yourself (for free) and then just maybe you may be able to take some profit out of the markets.

And for anyone else considering parting with your hard earned money If these idiots are so good at trading why are they wasting time selling bull**** courses??

Thanks for your input, but since I posted this, I spent a day with the revered Richard Joyson, aka Mr.Charts. Money well invested in my education in trading, I am now trading live (with my hard earned!).
I understand your comment that it takes much longer to learn a trade such as plumbing or electrics, and rightly so. But to believe that trying to educate yourself to day trade by trial and error borders on stupidity, unless you have very deep pockets of course, and in any case, paying somebody, who is making a living from trading, to teach you how they do it, to me makes perfect sense.
It is wrong to run down a company that teaches, unless you have first hand experience with them that substantiates your claim.

I would not be surprised if the company sends one or more "patsies" to post on this site under the guise of people seeking opinions on a vendor/course or, quite common, one or more "plants/patsies" will turn up and sing the praises of the course(s). The clever scammers simply field an "innocent" sounding "plant" who asks an opinion, yet who gives himself/herself away when sound advice from board members is simply ignored as the "plant" insists the scammer has merit.
We've all seen it before. A fact the scammer seems unaware of.;)

Most likely

You have all need just one click of mouse away.

Mouse clicking must be included in latter days of the course. One cannot overload any day especially not the first one.
I bet by the 7th day one is also instructed how to use knee pads properly, to avoid knee injuries while praying for the trade to go the right way, and how to handle margin calls (preferably with asbestos gloves).

Last edited: