Observations of an exciting market...

yeah....your data certainly shows it as a teeny 1-2-3.....whereas mine clips it as a dble btm off the supports! - anyway, who cares what ya call it, t'is still a tradeable pattern ;)

at least it brushed above me remaining stop, so all's well.......gonna keep me options live till nearer the U.S releases before deciding what action to take on this final lot, don't wanna get hijacked with any nasty surprises :confused:

Attachments

• oct146.png
    oct146.png
    14 KB · Views: 247
close call there on that little wiggle post news :confused: .......and the half prime resist heralding the exit.

and then - surprise, surprise a contra (1-2-3) set up for the trip south back towards round number supports.......again ;)

(didn't take that one), but they're all over the darned place huh? :LOL:

Attachments

• oct147.png
    oct147.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 317
and just to illustrate - they don't ALL pan out.....ok, it maybe the end of day/week etc.....but it's still high of the day, genuine set up etc....

Attachments

• oct148.png
    oct148.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 235
My account got a bit of a beating in the sideways action.
Gonna concentrate more on £/$, I've been trying to watch too many markets.
£/$ has the best spread/daily range.

Buk are you making a living from trading the £?

Last edited:
yes GG, I do ok playing Cable, it's certainly how I earn me crust anyway. Occasionally have a wander onto Swissy or CAD, but only if they're setting up on a key level, and then mainly intraweek/swing rather than intraday.

as you say, Cable offers pretty decent avg daily ranges (beginning to expand entering this quarter), reacts well off the round numbers/patterns & heavily traded on the spot. Bit of all sorts really, in all occasions!

I guess the strat(s) determines the overall effectiveness etc....but then, that's the case with any instrument!

It's certainly an achievement to be at the level where your ATM withdrawal comes from forex trading! That must be very satisfying. Not quite there myself yet, however i'm getting there taking the long way round. ( treacherous, long and hazardous journey).
Buk: Thanks for the Email.

no problems mate :D

enjoy your weekend!!.......look forward to more of your posts/charts next week ;)

Just want to say guys I find your posts extremely helpful and enlightening (and so do many others, looking at the 'views' for this thread), please keep them coming for as long as you can.

Regards

WR

Thanks for the comments.

Back to business.
This pattern would be short term bearish on the £/$ as we hit major resistance.

On the other hand a break-out could occur.

This thing resembles a huge 'pennant'. If it is, then a move north of the range could blast off in a big way.
The first view is the daily, the second is the weekly.
This is a large and very neat price formation. Watch it play -out, should be interesting.

Flags and pennants are very tricky to play in Forex. Firstly they often break to the downside and secondly the limits of the range can be vague.

Any thoughts on this pattern?

The third chart, for fun really, shows some interesting symmetry on the daily.

Attachments

• £.gif
    £.gif
    134.2 KB · Views: 219
  • £.gif
    £.gif
    139.9 KB · Views: 206
  • £.gif
    £.gif
    132.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
I don't particularly trade off the larger frames GG, although I certainly do observe the patterns & accompanying key levels. Trouble with these (this) instruments is any little 'spark' can send them cranking off in flyaway mode, and next week could certainly upset the apple cart where impending 'patterns' are concerned :LOL:

I'm eyeballing this 450 top quite keenly, as apart from the month of July, it's been rejected on a couple occasions since beg of 2nd Quarter. Early week could well play havoc with events till the dust settles, but the Cable Bulls still have the field for the time being! so your pattern 'bust' may yet pop North & keep runnin? who knows!

as well as looking for the usual intraday plays, the 450 top & support camp at the 8280 upper hourly Fib area may well prove reaction points.....that's if Tuesday doesn't throw up any surprises ;)

Attachments

• 60oct.png
    60oct.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 228
The short play off resistance is correct so far.
Difficult choppy market. (on second thoughts, it's always a difficult choppy market!)

yeah, very tight this morning/afternoon....left it alone (apart from an early scratch long trade 1st thing).....only to be expected I guess with tomorra in mind.

you been clipping it off the top GG?? :cheesy:

Same long on eur this morn. out for a loss and and a short on the flip. Out for a profit but a few pips down overall.

How's my birthday going to affect the trading tommorow Buk? :cheesy: :cheesy:

:LOL: hey up mate..........long time huh?? :cool: you bearing up under all that heat/sun??

hahahaha, couldn't have picked a better birthday celebration huh? fireworks in the sky as well as the markets (if Kerry should turn him over)..........

I'll damned sure be as flat as a pancake whilst all that hullabaloo shakes itself out mate!!

many happy returns for tomorrow Options, good to see you active on here again ;)

NB was askin after you last week!!

Well, that decides it then. Might as be pi##ed from about 10 am. Sod trading.

I'll get that thing up and running again Buk. Had to reset the old comp so lost it. and err, when I tried it the other week, I had the mic in the wrong hole :eek:

Still have the details, so I will get around to it.

And trading wise it looks like the eur is getting ready to roll over, Up against the highs of late.

Have to see what the elections bring. Should certainly be a catalyst for a bump one way or the other. I don't care either way, (Haven't even had me card from Mr Bush yet.) (Bet he says it's in the post again!)

Really struggling to come up with any decent analysis on the £
Trend says up, resistance says down. think I'll sit this one out for a day.
Anyone?

GG....1-2-3 & 2b's are two favourite patterns I focus on sure. There are differing opinions as to their validity on the fast frames (1 & 5), and I would generally agree, that they tend to play out more consistantly off the 15 min + but if they're 'setting' up off a key (round number) turn off the shorter time frames, with accompanying signals - I'll play them....they generally allow an orderly exit if it looks as though they're going belly up anyway.

The 2 clear set ups occured recently on Swissy (2b off the 2120 last week) and a 1-2-3 off the 1.900 on the 31st/1st on the hourly - allowing an entry off the European open!!.....they also offer reasonable choice(s) on early entry, which can be honed off the faster frames! ;)

again, agreed re: Cables current scenario.....merely hugging Friday's closing pitch atm - a tad conflicting, with decent support camps below & attempting to break this top off Fridays wiggle North post NFP.....see how the morning pans out (ranging or otherwise) before taking an entry!