No Rules - High Risk Capital Building from £3k

highish risk - but the point itself is that the £3k was made using low risk methods - and I am using that to try and make disproportional profits.

That 3k is now safe so I can afford to be even more risky now if I wanted.

It's not **** or bust - it's a controlled ramp up in risk. It's sort of anti-martingale really.

Last edited:
So just to be clear then, you started with £3k (which was your initial deposit, regardless of where it case from). You punted it up to £5k and then did your short on eurgbp £50pp from .8980.
Earlier this morning eur/gbp was at .9046 where you would have been losing £3300, leaving a balance of £1700. So how did you manage to pull out your initial £3k plus £900 profit (30%) ?

So just to be clear then, you started with £3k (which was your initial deposit, regardless of where it case from). You punted it up to £5k and then did your short on eurgbp £50pp from .8980.
Earlier this morning eur/gbp was at .9046 where you would have been losing £3300, leaving a balance of £1700. So how did you manage to pull out your initial £3k plus £900 profit (30%) ?

No I started with £3k - punted it up to £9k - withdrew £4k to leave the £5k. Thank you very ****ing much.

I see. That makes much more sense. No need to get all angsty. It was a perfectly fair question.

I'm sorry to sound disparaging cos reading your thread is certaintly entertaining but what you are doing is nothing more than "sh*t or bust" punting. Risking all on one big trade isnt demonstrating anything other than - Will you get lucky/

I'm sorry for being angtsy - but if you want to go around with a holier than thou attitude you may want to check your facts occasionally and not just use assumptions.

Certaintly not holier than thou.... I was just commenting on what I saw, which appeared to be you sitting with a 60% loss on 1 trade, letting it run over the weekend. You must admit that this would seem like leaving the continuing existence of your account totally open to the fickle finger of fate. Which of course is absolutely fine.
I must admit that I hadnt read through every page and so didnt realise you'd already withdrawn your stake, so apols for that.

Well, you're not the first to say he is taking big risks. I'm sure there'll be others in due course. Given that the title states "High Risk" I'm not sure what else needs to be put to make it obvious he know he's taking big risks.

Well, you're not the first to say he is taking big risks. I'm sure there'll be others in due course. Given that the title states "High Risk" I'm not sure what else needs to be put to make it obvious he know he's taking big risks.

Agreed - People just need to let the guy get on with it....instead of trying to trip him up / prove him to be fake etc etc etc.

Ohh & read the thread properly BEFORE trying to trip him up.

It might all go up in smoke ...then again it might not - time will tell.

I made the decision over the weekend that this would be my last trade on this thread, so there we go out for -£500.

So we stand at the end of about 3 weeks having taken 3k up to 8.5k. Not bad going really.

There are a few reasons for stopping here.

1) I move to Spain next weekend and so would like to leave on a high, but more practically I won't have interent when I get there, I will have to spend time unpacking next week, and then I need to fly back for work for a few days. So it really isn't going to be feasible for me to trade now for about a month.

2) I want to move the money into a metatrader account and be a little bit more structured about it. I have done a bit of work over the weekend and think I could semi-automate some of this which would make it easier to maintain.

3) Shadowninja has put the desire for an omega watch on the top of my agenda so I want to splash some (free) cash.

4) I think the thread could be done a bit better so I want to have a think about how best to present what I'm doing.

So although I will keep posting I won't be trading now for a while.

I think I will do this again starting with £5k of the profit from here, but on another thread - so if this was interesting to you - keep an eye out for that.

Thanks to those who showed their support.

I made the decision over the weekend that this would be my last trade on this thread, so there we go out for -£500.

So we stand at the end of about 3 weeks having taken 3k up to 8.5k. Not bad going really.

There are a few reasons for stopping here.

1) I move to Spain next weekend and so would like to leave on a high, but more practically I won't have interent when I get there, I will have to spend time unpacking next week, and then I need to fly back for work for a few days. So it really isn't going to be feasible for me to trade now for about a month.

2) I want to move the money into a metatrader account and be a little bit more structured about it. I have done a bit of work over the weekend and think I could semi-automate some of this which would make it easier to maintain.

3) Shadowninja has put the desire for an omega watch on the top of my agenda so I want to splash some (free) cash.

4) I think the thread could be done a bit better so I want to have a think about how best to present what I'm doing.

So although I will keep posting I won't be trading now for a while.

I think I will do this again starting with £5k of the profit from here, but on another thread - so if this was interesting to you - keep an eye out for that.

Thanks to those who showed their support.

Good Luck & thanks for taking the time to run this thread.

Can't believe I went out like that! There was no need to take that final loss!

Screw you SN - you ruined all the fun :mad:

Ah well, you had a nice run. My life just feels a bit emptier not seeing this thread being updated any more.

Haha great stuff, just found this thread, now I see whats gonna pay for that new Omega of yours !!!

Well deserved I must say.

Hope to see you picking this thread up at some point.

:)

Great thread to read. Omega make great watches! Look forward to reading your next thread, and have a smooth move.
(y)

I know I stopped - but got itchy fingers yesterday and bought USD/CAd. So another grand on the account. This is the end for a few weeks - definately.

£3k - 10k in 3 weeks!