No Rules - High Risk Capital Building from £3k

It's Friday afternoon timr for some R&R.

enjoy.

oh and did I ever get out of that too early. Hope some of you are still in.

Hi episteme,
I wonder how do you cope with the pressure of everyone being aware of your open positions?
I did something similar on a much smaller scale, a while back to prove, that you can trade effectively with a 100 pound bonus offer, However I did not publish my trades and account until such time as I had completed the task.
I can't help but think, that if you had not published before hand and made you trades public you would no doubt achieve your aim.
None the less I greatly admire your spirit and wish you success!

To be honest it doesn't bother me at all - i've not got anything to prove. I'm sure there is a few willing me to fail, and If I blow up then I expect them to come out of the woodwork.

Anyway I won't care as I'm going to take the profit I banked and buy a TAG or something on the weekend I think - so they can critise if they want but I will be wearing the reply on my wrist.

It feels a bit funny to think people may be following my trades, and I do wonder if anyone isactually trading them as calls? Is anyone ?

To be honest it doesn't bother me at all - i've not got anything to prove. I'm sure there is a few willing me to fail, and If I blow up then I expect them to come out of the woodwork.

Anyway I won't care as I'm going to take the profit I banked and buy a TAG or something on the weekend I think - so they can critise if they want but I will be wearing the reply on my wrist.

It feels a bit funny to think people may be following my trades, and I do wonder if anyone isactually trading them as calls? Is anyone ?

What makes you think people dont want you to succeed???
I think you're gonna make loads personally.
Watching you trade reminds me of when my brother traded although without knowing anything about your method, i KNOW that you know about 200 times more than him!
he literally guessed every trade. He used to go long Starbucks at £200 per point at lunch time most days because "people like coffee"!!! I kid you not!

Like you, he didn't give a **** about the money. Losing 20k wouldn't have bothered him too much at all. He made a hell of a lot. I was jealous of him too, but never wanted him to lose.

I'm sure there a few and the point is that they will innevitably only come out with their wise wordsif I blow up.

TBH I'm quite liking trading this way too!

Episteme,

Ive been shouting your trades on from the sidelines and i hope you trade up
to £100 or £200k just to show that taking on large risk with good MM can be
good for you wealth.

Ged

Course there will be people wanting him to fail. The reason is they subscribe to risking x%/trade and "cutting their losses and running their winners" and the "never average" conventional mentality to trading. Whilst there are some who can make it work, there are many trying the conventional methods telling themselves it's the right way to trade and not succeeding. Episteme is sticking a finger up to the conventional approach of trading and succeeding, which is going to make those who take the conventional approach re-consider whether they're going down the right path. If he fails this justifies their methods they pursue, but the longer he continues the more irritating it becomes to them.

For what it's worth I put myself in the unconventional camp. Gl, I love what you're doing :D

thanks for the luck and well wishes.

I was going to chill out - but £20pp Sell EURGBP @ 0.8972. Will scale in some more if it comes up further.

Course there will be people wanting him to fail. The reason is they subscribe to risking x%/trade and "cutting their losses and running their winners" and the "never average" conventional mentality to trading. Whilst there are some who can make it work, there are many trying the conventional methods telling themselves it's the right way to trade and not succeeding. Episteme is sticking a finger up to the conventional approach of trading and succeeding, which is going to make those who take the conventional approach re-consider whether they're going down the right path. If he fails this justifies their methods they pursue, but the longer he continues the more irritating it becomes to them.

For what it's worth I put myself in the unconventional camp. Gl, I love what you're doing :D

I hope he does well.
Overall it's interesting psychology watching his approach to trades:)

TBH I'm one of those who would usually their head at the type of trading you're doing but, as you've noticed, for some reason I like what you're doing and hope you succeed. Perhaps it's because you know what the score is and are not trying to prove anything.

so that would be adding to a losing trade now then.

£20pp @0.8983

and another £10pp @ 0.8990.

making trade average £50pp @0.8980.

and I've got to leave it for an hour or so as well now !

Last edited:
Looks a bit iffy doesn't it. I'll be trying to get out on a pullback now.

I was just thinking that i'm going in too heavy to start with and adding too close to the initial trade. I may drop back to a £10pp incrementals.

Can I just say that on the H4 chart this is a really good plave to begin selling EUDGBP, so with a bit of luck...

am wondering if I should put in a 50% stop loss rule - that way one bad trade could never kill the account. I never did mean to go all in on every trade - which is what I seem to be doing now.

Can I just say that on the H4 chart this is a really good plave to begin selling EUDGBP, so with a bit of luck...

am wondering if I should put in a 50% stop loss rule - that way one bad trade could never kill the account. I never did mean to go all in on every trade - which is what I seem to be doing now.

Hi just wondered how your week ended up & to let you know your thread has been a great find /read.
Thanks - Im glad i stumbled across it.
Matt

Cheers

Well I decided to let it ride the weekend. Looks vulnerable for the Asian session to push it back down on the H1/H4 timeframe. High Risk - but then this account is. Open loss was £1500 at the close - which would put the account at £3500.

Going to have a bit of think about my posts above - i.e. should I cut my size a bit etc - over the weekend.

Awesome thread Episteme; the best I've read so far. Being a newbie I wouldnt dream of copying this style, though I still feel like I've learned more from this thread than I have done over the last 4 weeks!
I wish you all the best and well done so far!
We should a do a turtlesque experiment "Can Episteme's crazy no rules strategy be taught - or is it just his own skill!"
Looking forward to next week, enjoy the weekend!
(y)

As I suggested on page 1, if you split the amount into 3, so you risk losing £1k max per run, you at least have 3 cracks at making big bucks.

A quick update .. :cry:

I'm going to hold on to it for a while though. One good thing (sort of) is that I am ill with an ear infection and so can watch it a bit more closely today as I'm not in work.

I'm sorry to sound disparaging cos reading your thread is certaintly entertaining but what you are doing is nothing more than "sh*t or bust" punting. Risking all on one big trade isnt demonstrating anything other than - Will you get lucky/

Sorry is the the thread title was at all misleading. Yes this is high risk, especially the current trade which I have already acknoloedged is far too high for the current account balance.

However, **** or bust is not quite accurate - for a start it's impossible for me to go bust as I have already withdrawn the initial stake + profit. So the actual result will be **** or 30% profit.

Please tell me how that differs from the very sensible trading adage of let your profits run and cut your losees?