'No indicators' revisited

SOCRATES said:
. The key is "knowing", more than consciously thinking about it. .

Socrates,

The key is "knowing"...............

Is this "knowing" more easily achieved if one is in the mkt i.e. long or short rather than observing the mkt without the financial commitment

qaza said:
Socrates,

The key is "knowing"...............

Is this "knowing" more easily achieved if one is in the mkt i.e. long or short rather than observing the mkt without the financial commitment

Reply negative.

Skimbleshanks said:
This is interesting because I've never known anyone else be able to describe this phenomenon that comes with trading on the dark side. I can't describe it in a way that anyone else would understand - you just 'know' if it's OK because it 'feels' right. When it's not OK I just sense it, but could never explain more than "it just doesn't feel right." I suppose it's just a case of being 'in tune' with the market, and this only comes after sitting and watching it in realtime for months on end; an arduous task in itself.

I shall look forward to seeing how you unravel the mysteries. :D

########################################################################

Hello Skim, please refer to my post number 634 on this thread, page 16.

There are two distinct typesof flashes.

One occurs in real time, the other in future timebut is back transmitted to real time.

This is done by altering the use of time. It is not science fiction, It is fact.

The basic ingredients of the cake are listed. see post no 634.

Other interesting and relevant to this:~
Numbers 703 701 615 549 and 621 all of them on this thread.

Also refer to Thread : Days of stopping out question:~

Here you will be able to follow a live session starting with a Futurological Flash at 12.47pm
on Monday afternoon the 24th May with qaza.#20(post number)

1.20 pm 2nd Flash #23(post number)

2.17 pm 3rd Futurological Flash #24

CONFIRMED # 25

2.21 pm Futorological Flash #26

2.25 pm ~~ditto~~~~~~~~~~#27

2.27pm ~~~~intent~~~~~~~#28

and so on, see both pages. See how bottoms are anticipated, also short covering predicted ,
bottoms and turns recognised in nanoseconds, and acted upon,so fast I could not type fast enough hence some typing errors, and only one transmission allowed per minute, so this presented some minor synchronisation problems, but the hard evidence is there.

Bottoms predicted and all targets hit in real time but worked
in The Star Chamber in futurological time.

This will freak you all.

But I promise you I am not E.T.

Check your charts to verify against the T2W clock.

The instrument was the Dax Future, nearest contract.

Check your clock against the T2W clock.

Check your charts against each other' s charts if you want to.

Enjoy.

My Pleasure.

Last edited:
At the risk of becoming thread enemy No1... im :eek: :eek: :eek: at the way this thread is going!
Whats next? shaved heads white robes and bare feet!! :( I probably wont comment further but i urge some of you to take a step back and look with fresh eyes, all that glitters etc etc.

good luck :(

darktone,

If it makes a profit, I will try it :D Some of the strangest ideas I have read about have turned out to be well worth investigating.

Perhaps Socrates should start a thread as I have found it hard to view all the posts on different threads. I am looking forward to finding out more about the "Futorological Flash". It sounds a lot more interesting than the RSI.

lads/lasses - just my opinion here.

let us listen carefully to Socrates and then make our own conclusions. Personally I am overkeen to hear what he's got to say.

U all know I'd be the last person to take aboard "magic potion" recipes - I have a robust working trading system which rarely chokes (even tho it does sometimes). Still, I want to hear every word this man has to say.

Let me give u some unrelated to trading examples which will show what I mean:

- when the King of Spain back in early 15th century was shown a working battle ship without sails (working off a steam engine) he was so scared that his court ran away from the shore in panic and the inventor of the engine was tortured. If His Majesty just listened, we'd all speak Spanish now.

- when in 1806 (just 6 yrs before Jose de San Martin and the South American revolution) the King of Spain made Falkland Islands a gift to the English Crown, his astronomer predicted the gift will be a cause of a major war in the future. The astronomer was expelled from the Court and died being laughed at.

- when in january 1945 Hitler's astrologist said that one of the Allied leaders is going to die soon and the Allied Powers will turn against each other, he was ridiculed even by the Nazis, to say nothing about the Allies. Roosevelt died 3 months later, and even tho it did not save Hitler, the allies turned out to be bitter enemies shortly.

My point is that there ARE ppl who sniff future better than the rest. Call them witches, call them Da Vincis. I am not saying a word more - all I am saying is that we listen to Socrates and then make our own conclusions. This is what this site is here for, innit? :)

I think there are some perfectly reasonable methods of predicting future turning points or cycles. The 'Delta Phenomenon' is one of them. It might not be a method that you can trade on its own but it does give you an understanding of how the markets tend to work. Last year, Tom Hougaard put his market maps on threads in TTW and while they were not 100% accurate, they clearly demonstrated to me that it is possible to predict future moves. Compared to random charts I have generated, the maps were often quite close to what was actually happening. This shouldn't be possible but Tom was doing it. I didn't find the market maps useful, as I didn't know when they were in line with the markets and when they were not working until it was too late. But looking a Tom's work has given me some ideas.

Perhaps Socrates has some information a few of us might be able to use. We have nothing to lose reading his posts and making up our own minds.

I don't have European data feeds, so is it possible for someone to please post the Dax June future one-minute chart which Socrates refers to?

thx bbb. that helps. keep an open mind is wot yr saying right?

skimble - the datafeed you need is only $8 pcm. thats less than a tick in es.

socrates - i am awre this thread is not about indicators. i never mentioned them did i. thx 4 response tho.

darktone - totally agree. u dont need 2 b super human 2 trade like some 1 clip wonders make out. sorry, but some of this stuff is darn right patronising.

Last edited:
SOCRATES

Your post 703 appears to describe pure and un-adulterated price trading. No indicators, no averages, no support, no resistance; nothing except price movement viewed by bar or candle.

Knowledge you can impart but I am intrigued how you will pass on experience and intuition both of which appear to form a major part of your trading technique.

On a general note I think that the terms " dark side " and "star chamber" do your technique a disservice, they imply magic, unknown, supernatural, etc. and this in turn trivializes pure technique and leads to cynicism and misunderstanding which is a great pity.

I suspect that for some of us your posts will be a hard slog (a reflection of our ability to understand rather than the quality of your posts) but I will follow your posts with interest, if not always with full understanding

Regards

bracke

Last edited:
Thirteen said:
skimble - the datafeed you need is only $8 pcm. thats less than a tick in es.

Thirteen:

For your information my software and feed is US, with no facility to add any non-US feeds. Therefore it is not a case of paying $8. It would be a case of a) paying for new software, and b) paying for another software feed which includes US and European at a cost of around $100.

Instead, I asked if someone could kindly post one chart on this thread. Is this too much to ask? It obviously is as far as you're concerned. I just hope you never want help from anyone else.

darktone said:
At the risk of becoming thread enemy No1... im :eek: :eek: :eek: at the way this thread is going!
Whats next? shaved heads white robes and bare feet!! :( I probably wont comment further but i urge some of you to take a step back and look with fresh eyes, all that glitters etc etc.

good luck :(

HA ! HA ! HA ! HA ! HA ! HA!

bracke said:
SOCRATES

Your post 703 appears to describe pure and un-adulterated price trading. No indicators, no averages, no support, no resistance; nothing except price movement viewed by bar or candle.

Knowledge you can impart but I am intrigued how you will pass on experience and intuition both of which appear to form a major part of your trading technique.

On a general note I think that the terms " dark side " and "star chamber" do your technique a disservice, they imply magic, unknown, supernatural, etc. and this in turn trivializes pure technique and leads to cynicism and misunderstanding which is a great pity.

I suspect that for some of us your posts will be a hard slog (a reflection of our ability to understand rather than the quality of your posts) but I will follow your posts with interest, if not always with full understanding

Regards

bracke

You are perfectly correct in everything you say, including magic.
I am also a member of The Magic Circle in London, which is a society for performing magicians. But I do not perform professionally, that is on stage or TV, or in Nightclubs, and so on, that is I am not a professional performing member. I am interested in the topic of magic because it involves misdirection, misattention , wonderment, unexpected surprises,and so on.
The magic I can do is different, as you will all find out as this progresses to your astonishment and our amusement here.
I will show you that my technique is more than pure technique and not the mechanical technique you think it is. Even at a mechanical level people struggle terribly. What I will show you is beyond the scope of what can tangibly be explained. Do not laugh at the Star Chamber.
And do not try to make assumptions according to tangibility, because this is not.

Last edited:
Magic, a technique which includes misdirection and misattention both of which operate within price action.

So there is a place for some "magic" in price action analysis!

In addition to astonishment and amusement I hope that I am not being too greedy in also hoping for delectation and delight.

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
Magic, a technique which includes misdirection and misattention both of which operate within price action.

So there is a place for some "magic" in price action analysis!

In addition to astonishment and amusement I hope that I am not being too greedy in also hoping for delectation and delight.

Regards

bracke

Oh,yes you will get it sir, I promise !

i am very sorry skimble. i did not mean 2 make u mad as i seem 2 have done. i was only trying 2 help point out that dax data feed for someone with proper set up is nothing.

i assumed u were a good trader by the way lots seem 2 follow u. obviously this isnt so otherwise $8, $100 or $800 would not mean much 2 u and u would have proper set up.

im off. i will not b back on this thread as i do not have time 4 children & arguements. life 2 short.

thank u socrates bbb and others 4 yr time.

good luck with yr paper trading skimble. hope u make it 1 day.

It never ceases to amaze me how people find it so easy to be insulting when they are posting threads - things that they probably would not dream of saying face to face. Thirteen - if you have no time for arguments then why start one? You say you didn't mean to make Skim mad - then threw all your toys at her!

I hope that the more experienced Traders on this forum do not give up as the majority of us find it very helpful and interesting. I for one would not be trading at all if it were not for the help I have received from T2W and the usual few names crop up time & again with support and advice.

I look forward to following this thread in particular as I can already see its merits.

I have not invested in realtime data yet as I am still studying the demos and researching which way to go but if I had the Chart you wanted Skim I would post it - sorry.

Skim,

Sorry, don't have the DAX future, otherwise I would put a chart up. Here's the cash though. Not much use without volume methinks.

Attachments

• DAX 5.png
    DAX 5.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 216
All this bickering is boring.

Socrates,

As mentioned in PM i do not use volume analysis for trading and simply use price bar patterns. I have been reviewing my trades with the addition of volume and can see that it gives a more complete picture, especialy regarding tight range trading days.

Just some questions if i may.

1) Do you use daily bars and volumes for trading direction expentancy for the following day?

2) Do you hold positions overnight in expectancy/future flash of a gap in the way of the trade? If so, wot determines whether a gap is likely on the following day or not?

I have posted a day chart for you reference.

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    65.8 KB · Views: 339
Tell you what, Thirteen, when I do finally make it, I'll splash out on a new $10 keyboard for you. Yours appears to have both shift keys broken. Teenagers, eh! :rolleyes: :cheesy:

Thanks LWB and sandpiper - I just knew that the two of you would help me if you were able to. And it would help everyone else actually, as I know DAX futures trading is not too popular round here.