Have you ventured to the dark side yet?

Too right Blue

darktone said:
more like 'leave the hell alone potential!' ;)

If you don't know what you're doing or are seeking trends. Its bounced off the 2149 high yet again. Note the shape of the bar. However, I don't like being inconsolidations but took the short at 2101 when it broke below the range shown in my chart above. ;)

Update..managed to add new chart here:

Attachments

• euro1.JPG
    euro1.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Where is everybody

I found this thread a couple of weeks ago and was avidly reading it and checking for new posts, but it seems to have died.

Pity, it's one of the best I've found. Very open and honest discussions.

As I get more experience and confident, I'll lurk less and less, honest.

Ditto

Although lurking can be fun.......

splitty said:
I found this thread a couple of weeks ago and was avidly reading it and checking for new posts, but it seems to have died.

Pity, it's one of the best I've found. Very open and honest discussions.

As I get more experience and confident, I'll lurk less and less, honest.

options said:
Perhaps taking 'darksiding' one step further by NOT being able to use volume, indicators etc.

I would love to have volume available for forex, but sadly...
True darksiding is exactly that, only live price action, no colour change, no charts at all. That is why there are so very few members who are true darksiders in the strictest sense.

Grim isn't it ?......:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I don't trade without my chart too often, but i know that i can if i want to.
I'd guess that not many people can trade without their charts on here. Could be an interesting poll.

Who can really trade in the dark?

I thought this thread had died out.

Nathan

wannagetstacked said:
I don't trade without my chart too often, but i know that i can if i want to.
I'd guess that not many people can trade without their charts on here. Could be an interesting poll.

Who can really trade in the dark?

I thought this thread had died out.

Nathan
Darksiding is never discussed and there are lots of misconceptions about what it really is.

You see how there are seven little heads laughing ?

That is because there are seven of us who can do it.

These six have been properly schooled in darksiding arts.

The pinnacle of darksiding is visual mathematics, no more no less, a world in which charts are a mere luxury, superfluous, and where only numbers occupy their proper place in the scheme of things.

listen to Socrates

SOCRATES said:
Darksiding is never discussed and there are lots of misconceptions about what it really is.

You see how there are seven little heads laughing ?

That is because there are seven of us who can do it.

These six have been properly schooled in darksiding arts.

The pinnacle of darksiding is visual mathematics, no more no less, a world in which charts are a mere luxury, superfluous, and where only numbers occupy their proper place in the scheme of things.

For everyone's benefit, pls listen to what what Socrates is saying.

I have not been on these forums for a rather long time, as I accepted an offer from some private Russian individual here in London to manage his Russian equity exposure (in both local Russian shares and their GDRs).

My bread and butter these days so to speak :LOL: is RTS futures (traded on FORTS exchange in St Petersburg) and individual Russian issues (first and foremost, Gazprom and Lukoil, but also considerable amount of biz in Surgut, Tatneft, Mosenergo, Pyaterochka and Evraz).

I trade all those underlyings from the darkside and it never worked better. I'd been an indicator chap myself up until I met Socrates and other darksiders on these forums, I had enough grey matter in my skull to listen to them and analyse what they'd been saying and thanks to them I discovered the real market-reading.

PLS for your own benefit LISTEN and ANALYSE!

PS Socrates, good to know everything is good on your end. I am trading Russia from London these days, let me know if you are around, would be wicked to meet up!

I was asking a genuine question and also have tried to let you know how T2W operates but your response to this is pathetic

Paul

I look at price action. I also have some indicators I look at, i.e. moving averages. Yes, MAs are indicators.

Well, here's something you may not have considered - price action already happened. That's why you wait for the bar or candle to close, before you make your decision. So, you are also basing your trading decisions on what has already happened. Not what is "happening now". Nobody makes a decision on what is happening now, unless the see the price spiking and jump in with a trade to try and catch the move.

Anyway, I have nothing against price action, I do use it. I used to hate indicators, but after considering the above, I don't completely disregard indicators, as they are helpful in making trading decisions.

My opinion is, whether you use indicators, or price action, or both, or nothing at all, the most important thing you will ever learn is when to exit the trade. This is the most critical thing. Cut your loser short, let your profit run. Heard it so many times. If you know how to do this successfully, you can trade successfully. If you don't master this, then all of the price action expertise, or best indicator in the world won't make you profitable... My 2 cents...

I am so happy that Price and Volume are the dark side!

I love the dark side! :clap:

I prefer candlestick action. If I can't figure something out based on patterns in the price and volume, then it's not worth it to me ;)

BTW, I prefer to work on a longer time scale, 2-3 weeks, as opposed to day trading.

"Hard to see the Dark side is".

"Dark side"? I don't know where that phrase comes from, I prefer calling it the "light side" - price action, pattern, understanding volume and its advantages and limitations, trade frequency, pressures -
all those things equal reading sentiment to create consistent profit.
Richard

:idea:

Price action alone is not enough

Volumes - I dont even use - but I do use a stopwatch at certain times and find price structure far more important in a session

Trouble is darksiders think 50% ROR - per annum is good.

It might be on 10 or 100 million dollar capital accounts - but for all retailer traders on under $100k ( nearly all ) - its just not going to give you the additional "edges" you need to make those returns monthly - with no compounding - as that's just another problem

Regards

F

Oh.
Fxmofo appears to have deleted his post?

Sorry Lexcorp

It was in wrong thread

Please go and check other live thread

Also I was out of a scalp sell before news at 9 30 am - I would not hold a set up at news when it was obvious to an experienced scalper what was happening

Also check out my live calls in advance on the EU today lexcorp(y)

Back to topic and apologies to OP of this thread