DT embraces dark side - Vendorship

I think you should stop trying to sell this right now.
Then go and approach some of the top futures brokers about incorporating it into their platform...:)

As for the vendor bit, doesn't bother me in the slightest, the only issue most people have with vendors is when illiterates try and sell sh1te they know nothing about.
DT patently is not in that category, nothing to see move along :)

LV - I do agree.

My presumption is that the forums won't be a place that generates a lot of interest - there simply aren't enough active members and this type of stuff is very niche. So - out of say 500 active members, there may be 5 with an interest in this.

Ninja will promote this for me and there's another outfit that are including it in their offering too.

When the 3rd product comes out (my version of DOM), I am certain that it will be copied by some of the platform providers. This is just the software business for you. There's no need for them to pay me to incorporate it - they can just copy the idea.

Without a patent, you can't really protect the idea and to be honest, this started out as a bit of fun and a patent is a lot of time and money. It also involves conversations with lawyers.

Still - I think my cynicism might be getting to me here. So - I'm going to take what you've suggested on board and have a re-think about how this could be promoted via brokers and/or platform providers. Until I saw your post on the other thread, I'd not thought of going to the brokers as opposed to other tech providers.

. . . So - out of say 500 active members, there may be 5 with an interest in this.
DT,
I'd be one of the 5 - if you came out with a version compatible with the InfinityAT platform. Rather than money, would you be willing to accept a lovely mosaic mirror instead?
:cheesy:
Tim.

Dt, whats your confidence in this software. There are some very clever folks out there that may have invented this wheel before.

Forker - I only wrote it because I couldn't find it.

It is quite possible that I didn't look hard enough, though!

DT,
I'd be one of the 5 - if you came out with a version compatible with the InfinityAT platform. Rather than money, would you be willing to accept a lovely mosaic mirror instead?
:cheesy:
Tim.

You surely haven't made another one? You had to give the last one away!

Problem with InfinityAT and TT is that they might not want to play with me after they see my DOM.

Dt, whats your confidence in this software. There are some very clever folks out there that may have invented this wheel before.

of course they have.

another really cool thing you can look for is CQG order ticker - there is a video somewhere in the net but quick search doesnt find it :/

anyway it shows new orders being placed in the dom as well as orders being cancelled, it scrolls sideways like a ticker tape. CQG sorta started teh whole market delta thing iirc with tradeflow.

sorry I hate to p1ss on the parade but from what I can tell no one is re inventing the wheel here. I havent tried it yet and it looks like a cool thing to see but honest people what no there onions look at this all day long.

411733757_9bf35921c8_o.jpg

EDIT: I dont mean "look at the CQG thing all day long" I mean look at the tape/orderbook

Last edited:
Yeah - I remember that one. I was having trouble remembering which one of the platforms it was from. There's this and another one I looked at which I think was IRT (I say that because Dale uses it & it was him that mentioned it).

I have to say that I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but my impression was that someone had let the programmers get a bit carried away. Still - like I say, I didn't spend much time looking at it, I was looking for something intuitive and this wasn't it for me.

Most of my career has been in software and all of that was in the area of applications that people use day in day out. Over time, you develop a feel for the type of user interface that will be best for the user. That's effectively all I've developed - an improved/alternate user interface. The information is all in the market, it's just a matter of presentation.

Anyway - I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this piece of wizadry from CGQ. If you get to that point - let me know and I'll give you a preview of the final offering we are developing and you can compare the two at the same time. I'd be very interested to see how they stack up side-by-side.

Ultimately - different people will like different UIs. The more of this that is out there, the better it is for traders as then there will be something for everyone. Right now, the regular T&S and DOM work for you if you can absorb the information presented in that manner. If you can't absorb the information because of the way it's presented, you can have all the interpretation skills in the world but you won't be able to execute.

I didnt mean to confuse anyone, I don't use the CQG thing or TradeFlow from them either (I always thought CQG was a bit pricey for what it was personally, and like the MarketProfile in eSignal is better than in cqg i think)

what i meant was that accumulating trades done on the bid and the offer and comparing, as well with what is shown in the DOM, is not anything new by a long stretch. there are lots of clever traders with very fast machines looking at this stuff and there has been for a long time

... If you can't absorb the information because of the way it's presented, you can have all the interpretation skills in the world but you won't be able to execute...

(y)

Yeah - I remember that one. I was having trouble remembering which one of the platforms it was from. There's this and another one I looked at which I think was IRT (I say that because Dale uses it & it was him that mentioned it).

I have to say that I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but my impression was that someone had let the programmers get a bit carried away. Still - like I say, I didn't spend much time looking at it, I was looking for something intuitive and this wasn't it for me.

Most of my career has been in software and all of that was in the area of applications that people use day in day out. Over time, you develop a feel for the type of user interface that will be best for the user. That's effectively all I've developed - an improved/alternate user interface. The information is all in the market, it's just a matter of presentation.

Anyway - I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this piece of wizadry from CGQ. If you get to that point - let me know and I'll give you a preview of the final offering we are developing and you can compare the two at the same time. I'd be very interested to see how they stack up side-by-side.

Ultimately - different people will like different UIs. The more of this that is out there, the better it is for traders as then there will be something for everyone. Right now, the regular T&S and DOM work for you if you can absorb the information presented in that manner. If you can't absorb the information because of the way it's presented, you can have all the interpretation skills in the world but you won't be able to execute.

Seconded.
Most of the existing platform GUI's are just hangovers from the early pit systems.
They stay because they work and are familiar, that doesn't alter the fact that the presentation
of the info is gash due to existing GUI's having their roots firmly in the past :)
I hope you get somewhere with this, GUI layout in general is still an afterthought with a lot of brokers (IB anyone :LOL:).