Have you ventured to the dark side yet?

Well.........

JumpOff said:
What else is a 5 minute trader to do? (Not be facetious here, seriously - what is the alternative?)
JO

He could trade for the sake of it, to relieve boredom, for something to do, or he could excercise DISCIPLINE... and wait for appropriate set ups! That is my point Jumpoff

Ah

wannagetstacked said:
No worries neil. I don't mind what is posted. Just thought i'd give guidelines as i can't really comment about indicators or other instruments as i don't follow them.

Cheers for posting.

Nathan
Thanks - ignore he ma's, I use them to focus my eyes. The important bits are the price consolidations and support line. Hope that clarifies things ;)

frugi said:
Agreed and "Hi Firehorse!" by the way - long time no see. :) It seems only yesterday you were helping me with disciplinary matters on the Basement Thread. ;) How's it going?
Thumbnails are fine my end FWIW.
Hi Frugi,

Glad to see you're a team member now :) The in-fighting back then put me off for a while so I've been away doing backtesting and learning lessons :)

But with these quality posts from Nathan, it's much more interesting to drop in again :) especially as I'm now focussing on forex.

Thanks for the report back on the thumbnails. Still not showing up at my end. I've tried turning off firewalls and allowing images and cookies. Not showing on Firefox 1.0.4 and IE 6. However, they show up fine when I log in via my wife's pc so there's some setting somewhere I've missed :( I've found a workaround by going into the usercp and "turning off" show images so that at least I now get the title of the image which I can click on, whereas before there just wasn't anything to click on.

So now I can go back and restart reading thread clicking on the thumbnails and putting the words and pictures together :)

This is just a quick chart of fridays dow 1min action using my always in eur/usd strat. I'm sure that the entry points are accurate, however the chart uses a free data feed as I don't personally trade the dow(yet). I have monitored how my strategy would have performed on the dow for a while now and it looks even better than the eur/usd. However i'm not ready to give up the eur/usd just yet until I find someone to trade the dow for me(Not looking for any offers). I think that if I tried to trade both instruments at the same time my head would explode, due to the constant tick by tick monitoring that is required, and it would mean trading from 8am - 9pm.
If one of you chaps wants to test out the strat real time on the dow i'd appreciate hearing how well you go.
Anyway, here is fridays chart.

Cheers,

Nathan

Attachments

• Dow.10.06.05.JPG
    Dow.10.06.05.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 464
My eur trades since 9am.

Will try update throughout the day.

Nathan

Attachments

• 13.06.05 part1.JPG
    13.06.05 part1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 366
hi wanna,

silly question for today: what si the "msl" and "msh" ?
I suspect it is High and Low, but what is the "ms" ?

thanks.

MSH/MSL means market sector high/low. It has many names, but basically MSH in downtrend is : Lower high, higher high, lower high. Taking the trade 2 pips above the middle high if one occurs.

trendie said:
hi wanna,

silly question for today: what si the "msl" and "msh" ?
I suspect it is High and Low, but what is the "ms" ?

thanks.

MSH = Market swing high
MSL = Market swing low

Updates.

Nothing really worth talking about in these trades, just scraping the barrell for pips.

So far all the trades outlined have resulted in 65 pips net of spreads. Taken 24 trades, 1.5 spread. Gross total of 101 pips. Have been in a 30 pip range since 10am.

Chart updates:

Attachments

• 13.06.05 part3.JPG
    13.06.05 part3.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 322
  • 13.06.05 part4.JPG
    13.06.05 part4.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 294
Average loss has been 2-3 pips, mainly breaking even on losers excluding spread. Largest loss was 6.5 pips inc spread. May call it a day soon and watch the dow instead.

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for making those posts. Very instructive.

You make it look sooo simple :)

Busy rereading the thread from the start now I've found a way to access the pictures. Itching to try it myself but going to wait until I've read through the thread again.

Many thanks
Alan

Thanks firehorse,

There's nothing complicated about how I trade, just requires patience and constant supervision. Its not everyones cup of tea due to the screen time it requires. I'm glad someone is benefitting from my posts.

Nathan

Euro

In a range when viewed on 154min and hour charts (not shown here)
Heres a 5min chart - had scalping potential?

Attachments

• euro1.JPG
    euro1.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 393