New Technical Trader Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of the good stuff will remain in open forum. Of that I am sure. Our new big stick seems to have done the trick so hopefully all the banter and off topic garbage is a thing of the past.

I think it is a pity that the word elite has been introduced into this discussion. It is a word laden with perceived and perjorative overtones. We could argue endlessly about its meaning but I do not for a minute think that either the invitees or the host would regard themselves as elite.

I have no pretensions to elitism and the only basis for my inclusion can be the posts I have made since joining the site. In addition I have made contact with some members by pm and by email and through a couple of phone calls. All that any member know about me is contained in those communications as I have had no face to face contact with any of them.

Its possible for example that I have a bejewelled Holy Grail to sell and am biding my time while establishing my credibility - only time will tell:). As it happens this is not the case as I would not (unlike Welles Wilder) feel that my secret should be passed on for what would then be loose change to me. Rather I would be spending my valuable time between my yacht and my island retreat (I wish).

I'm saying it is possible for subjective judgements to be made too easily .

I think that complex interractions take place on this site. The wheels will not be oiled by hasty reactions to changes.

Just wanted to agree with earlier posters - I can understand the rationale for making posting to the board read-only, but denying the public from being able to view the posts seems detrimental to me. It all smacks of a country club mindset which I find very disquieting and very unlike T2W in my experience.

Mac

As one who trades regularly but is still learning (who isn't) I find it frustrating to follow a useful thread only to find that as the solutions begin to be discussed they disappear into a pm dialogue and so the potential lesson is not visible.

Therefore I, for one, would be disappointed not to be able to see, learn and share in the wisdom of my peers.

Well it didn't take long for someone to dissect my post and start analysing individual words used in it. This is exactly what has been happening, someone posts something and another cuts and pastes an exert from it and there you go we have a basis for a rip each other apart scenario.

All I ask is please think seriously about this. If the 'experienced traders' (not elite-oops) or even just those 'that are favoured' are included in this forum then are we saying that the good threads will be duplicated in their entirety into T2W (I say T2W as it seems you want the 'experienced traders' area to be called something different - if this isn't elitist I dont know what is).

Before I became a full time trader many years ago I was a Company Director and I found that the new inexperienced employee sometimes came out with a worthwhile question or observation that contributed quite significantly to the overall company operations. If this was just left to bounce around in the staff canteen it would not have received the merits it deserved.

I am not saying for one minute that it is the same for trading but are we all growing too arrogant to think that we the 'experienced traders' know everything and we can learn nothing from newcomers? If we dont, then how will they contribute to a thread they may not see? How will they learn as well as how will it help the 'experienced traders' to question some of their more common approaches for something new and different?

No doubt my posts will put me in the 'unfavoured' pile but I urge everyone to think seriously about the mechanics of what is happening here and its implications on the future of T2W.

I can see it now at the next Xmas bash - a top table for the experienced traders getting waiter service and the newbies in the bar with a pub snack. lol - only kidding with that one so please no angry responses.

At the end of the day people come to this site because of its value to their trading goals and in doing this encourages them to contribute by asking questions and suggesting ideas. If all they see is threads and posts that are common to many other forums then why come here?

I have received a number of PM's and emails already about this all expressing the same views but not wanting to say anything in fear that it puts them in the unfavoured pile.

Please think carefully about this one. Dont ruin it guys

Sorry for the length of this post but I like T2W and this can only harm the one of the main aspects of this site that is very good.

Splurge

why am i having problems accessing the new forum? ..............i'm not bothered about being able to post or not but i should at least be able to access it and gain from whatever is being discussed there.

ChartMan said:
The majority of the good stuff will remain in open forum. Of that I am sure. Our new big stick seems to have done the trick so hopefully all the banter and off topic garbage is a thing of the past.

So we should be happy with what we are given.............hope this does'nt bring the big stick down on me head but your post seems awfully arrogant to an ordinary member.

BTW Chartman what is your view on allowing us to view the postings of the "invited" members

Superbly expressed, splurge.
I, too, have received many emails and some pms echoing those views - most of them not as polite!
If an individual wishes to set up a private board then he/she has every right to do so provided, imho, they do so away from t2w and beyond its auspices.
The internet is open and to have a board for a chosen few is unfair to the vast majority who are excluded. The idea of people being able to look from outside but not post is treating them like poor relatives and is insulting.
I'm sorry Sharkey, I've thought long and hard about this, and felt very reluctant to post but I simply must disagree with your decision. I respect you hugely, but on this occasion imho you are mistaken - albeit with the best of intentions.
However, it is your board and I accept that fact and your decisions.
I just feel creating an arbitrary class system on these excellent boards is divisive and cannot help t2w.
I genuinely hope I am proved wrong, but I'm sure you will respect
my opinion as I respect yours - even if we disagree.
Richard

I tried to access the new TECHNICAL TRADER forum but was rejected…….perhaps that should be a relief as I’m not very technical and probably would have been confused by the quality of the posts….

I’m not very technical, but I’m improving slowly but surely thanks to the readily available and superb posts from Chartman, Mr Charts, Naz and many, many others…..

Thanks all... :cheesy:

I feel this will be detrimental to T2W. First impressions count and if I came across T2W with an invite only forum I wouldnt bother coming back, because I'm not going to grovel and *hope* that my posts meet up to the expectations of a committee. :confused:

I think it will alienate new comers and potentially cause the forums to stagnate because fresh blood isnt coming in.

I would prefer stricter moderation of threads. i.e. if a thread is called no indicators and the first post says that this thread is not for discussion about indicators, then the moderators are right to remove any irrelevent and chit chat posts.

A better idea I think would be to allow thread creators to moderate their own threads, delete posts and even bar certain people from posting. This decentralised power could help lift the strain on the super moderators too. ;)

Richard,

This is not creating an arbitrary class system to use your words as it is just a T2W member exercising their right to have their own thread which has always been in place.

Let's face it one of the main reasons for this is to stop the continual bickering that goes on between Grey1 and yourself. You have also constantly complained that the boards are degrading and this is a way of preventing those who seem not to get on with each other having to converse.

From that standpoint it is a big step forward and I cannot see what all the fuss is about. At least people will still be aware that they can PM any member who has a thread like this and request to join.

This, of course, is unlike other bulletin boards that do exist but are by invite only even though most of the members may actually come from a much more public board as I am sure you know what I mean.

Paul

Trader 33

Good post , but if Mr Charts is unable to post on Grey1's forum then it really does'nt matter if he reads it all day long , there aint going to be any bickering is there ?

Paul,
"Let's face it one of the main reasons for this is to stop the continual bickering that goes on between Grey1 and yourself."
Really? That's a main reason?!?! Amazing!
If that is correct, then the criteria for membership handed down from gray are NOT true. Membership is on his whim as to who he likes.
All disagreements and hostility have not been initiated by me - I have merely defended myself when accused as I have a perfect right to do and as most people would. I invite anyone reading this to read the posts on the Pair Trading thread and draw their own conclusions. I have repeatedly asked him to stop being hostile and said he if he did so and simply posted without attacking me I would be silent.
IMHO anyone wanting to set up a private board is free to do so away from t2w, but it is offensive to many members to be excluded from a t2w board. That can be seen from the replies to this thread.
With the greatest respect to you, Paul,
Richard

MR CHART ,,

You have learnt a lot from this BB without giving back any thing FREE to the same members... So donot play the caring game..

These members to you are commercial targets.. IMHO

Quote " If an individual wishes to set up a private board then he/she has every right to do so provided, imho, they do so away from t2w and beyond its auspices "

So why are you advertising yourself as a US TRADER AND A COACH using T2W :LOL: :LOL:

Guys,

You all can have your own BB .. it is the T2W policy to let member like yourself to discuss various issues in your own private forum .. The new forum will be boring to those who are new to technical analysis..

I will still post on the main BB but will keep the more advanced issues in the private forum..

Grey1 said:

I will still post on the main BB but will keep the more advanced issues in the private forum..

You arrogant twat. And you wonder why people are complaining.

MR CHART

Quote "All disagreements and hostility have not been initiated by me - I have merely defended myself "

You can not defend your trades technically.. Look at the pair trade thread.. your strategy ( if it can be called a strategy ) will ruin any new and experience trader in no time and is extremley dangerous,.. very very dangerous and the whole reason to study correlation/VWAP analysis is to define a meaning ful model to reduce such a danger..

Unlike you MR CHART , I will not take $$ from the members and this wil carry so long as I am alive..

IMHO anyone wanting to set up a private board is free to do so away from t2w, but it is offensive to many members to be excluded from a t2w board. That can be seen from the replies to this thread.

This facility has been around as long as I have been a member of TTW. I think that Grey1 should not take the rap for using it. It is also a good point that Mr. Charts doesn't share much with us without asking for a large fee, why should Grey1 share all his knowledge with people who are not willing to do the same?

You arrogant ****. And you wonder why people are complaining.

Just the kind of intemperate shooting from the hip that potentially degrades this site to the level of others.

Grey1 has been and remains a prolific poster of, IMHO, high quality stimulating material. He does so without there being any question of his seeking reward or other favour.

He should have your thanks and respect rather than this sort of abuse.

Grey1, so why can't we view it, even if we can't contribute or r u implying that inexperienced = thick?.................IMHO i believe members should be able to read it even if we can't post........If the quality is going to be as good as u think ......it can only improve other ppl's knowledge.........don't u think so?

Status
Not open for further replies.