NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

2vkcodg.gif

Looking at your chart the D1 high and D1 low are both 0. Either you don't have the latest version or there is a data problem. I just checked the code and it looks OK. I did notice I forget to put the W1 bias in the upper left hand corner so I fixed that. You know where to get the updates.

Ok, thank you

Tro - once you've picked a team you can't switch - why is that? Purely down to the stats?

2dqp88.gif

Here's your "heads up" to the 2010 Pirate Gathering. You have plenty of time to DRAIN THE BANKS to pay for the trip. Michal Kreslik and yours truly will be there. Stay tuned for more details.

mii2iv.gif

Remember what H. Rearden said:

Now, 2 patterns of market behaviour happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

Hey Rump,

Wow! 93,000+ views is amazing for the topic "scalping," lol. Ole Tradevector, would be proud if he were here. :sneaky:

Understand, you can lead a horse on an extremely hot day, right up to the edge of a nice, cool, fresh spring - but you will never (and I mean NEVER) be able to get him/her to drink.

My advice to you is this; I know what it is like having found something that works (consistently) and wanting to share at least some of it with others. However, doing so, will set you up to be attacked by the naysayers. Over the years, I've had to deal with them myself before calling it quits, no longer wanting to deal with the small mindedness of the "just say no" crowd.

Eventually, you will grow weary of naysayers and turn your attention to things like jet aircraft, high-performance supercars (like the Veyron), building multi-million dollar custom homes on as many acres as you want or need, building 150 ft custom yachts or whatever gets your interest flowing - or that of your Wife, no doubt.

But, how much money does one family need, right.

Just remember this; always find a good way to give back. Go out there and help people in need and always try to remain humble in your ability to derive real wealth on-demand. Be patient with people (I KNOW how hard this is - I really do - been there, done that). The very easy can often times be dumbfounding for some and it may take them a long time to get used to any new idea or concept as result.

The trading industry is filled with pre-programmed mentalities that stipulate doing things in a certain "conventional" and "traditional" way. If you violate the rule of convention and/or tradition, you will be labeled a "seller of systems" - oooooh! Thou shalt not sell systems, is the 11th Commandment for many in this business, forget about the fact that you haven't sold ANYTHING, because the naysayers will force you into that category, whether it is true or not.

The people that you help will read your posts and will take what they can and implement what they've learned into their own cycle of trial and error, until they glean from the fields of knowledge what they need to be independently successful Traders themselves, if they stick with it.

Others will drop-out, but that won't be your fault - it simply means that they did not wish to pay the price of time spent learning what they needed to learn, in order to be independently successful in this business. In the end, people are responsible to themselves to do what is necessary to become the Trader they want to be and the honest truth is that only a handful will ever truly make to the top of the mountain.

There are precious few of us out there with a real edge who are willing to discuss any aspect of it in public - so you are to be commended for that. I've seen a few real edges in the Forex on-line community. Some highly complex and mathematically driven (like mine) and others, rather simplistic and far less technically derived, but in every case, you notice one thing: consistency over time and that is something that nobody can take away from you because that is what ultimately proofs your edge to the world. So, let the naysayers riddle your posts. As far as I am concerned, you've posted enough by my book, to have proven the viability of what you do already.

In fact, just for the heck of it - I studied what you provided, took a Long position on GBPUSD this session and am currently up approximately $98,748.83 at 1243 hrs pac local. I'm going close out the position now because I don't do manual trades (my system is fully automated) - but I did want to let you know that I was able to understand what you have provided AND I was able to implement it in less than a couple of hours (comfortably) even though I risked only a small portion of my live-cash test account. That's because I've been around this business long enough to recognize a good "edge" when I see one. Besides, it was fun doing something different for a change.

I picked-up the InterbankFx (I don't trade with them but I do use their datafeed as a confirming source) 0200hr 1 hr bar and never looked back, using what you posted in this thread. I started from post number 1 and read through post number 80 - by then it was pretty clear what you were doing here online (I'm sure there is more underneath but keep it to yourself - don't give it all away).

The Monaco trip sounds wonderful! My Wife and I, would love to attend but we've got other commitments during the same time-frame. When our yacht is finished (hopefully, early 2011) we hope to make Monaco our first long-range cruise off the West Coast of California.

Congratulations! It is nice to see self-made Traders doing their own thing their own way. Simplicity, is a very powerful, very underrated, yet very overlooked thing. A concept that many modern day traders know viscerally, but reject intellectually and as a direct result, often times suffer needlessly.

And, finally - you are correct. The "edge" is all in your "head." :smart: If people would simply learn how to study and interpret the data in creative ways, they could do some interesting things in this business - but that's another thread entirely.

Timing
Direction
Magnitude
Probability

A powerful set of protocols for any trader in any era, no doubt. :cool:

Good job!

Hey Rump,

Wow! 93,000+ views is amazing for the topic "scalping," lol. Ole Tradevector, would be proud if he were here. :sneaky:

Understand, you can lead a horse on an extremely hot day, right up to the edge of a nice, cool, fresh spring - but you will never (and I mean NEVER) be able to get him/her to drink.

My advice to you is this; I know what it is like having found something that works (consistently) and wanting to share at least some of it with others. However, doing so, will set you up to be attacked by the naysayers. Over the years, I've had to deal with them myself before calling it quits, no longer wanting to deal with the small mindedness of the "just say no" crowd.

Eventually, you will grow weary of naysayers and turn your attention to things like jet aircraft, high-performance supercars (like the Veyron), building multi-million dollar custom homes on as many acres as you want or need, building 150 ft custom yachts or whatever gets your interest flowing - or that of your Wife, no doubt.

But, how much money does one family need, right.

Just remember this; always find a good way to give back. Go out there and help people in need and always try to remain humble in your ability to derive real wealth on-demand. Be patient with people (I KNOW how hard this is - I really do - been there, done that). The very easy can often times be dumbfounding for some and it may take them a long time to get used to any new idea or concept as result.

The trading industry is filled with pre-programmed mentalities that stipulate doing things in a certain "conventional" and "traditional" way. If you violate the rule of convention and/or tradition, you will be labeled a "seller of systems" - oooooh! Thou shalt not sell systems, is the 11th Commandment for many in this business, forget about the fact that you haven't sold ANYTHING, because the naysayers will force you into that category, whether it is true or not.

The people that you help will read your posts and will take what they can and implement what they've learned into their own cycle of trial and error, until they glean from the fields of knowledge what they need to be independently successful Traders themselves, if they stick with it.

Others will drop-out, but that won't be your fault - it simply means that they did not wish to pay the price of time spent learning what they needed to learn, in order to be independently successful in this business. In the end, people are responsible to themselves to do what is necessary to become the Trader they want to be and the honest truth is that only a handful will ever truly make to the top of the mountain.

There are precious few of us out there with a real edge who are willing to discuss any aspect of it in public - so you are to be commended for that. I've seen a few real edges in the Forex on-line community. Some highly complex and mathematically driven (like mine) and others, rather simplistic and far less technically derived, but in every case, you notice one thing: consistency over time and that is something that nobody can take away from you because that is what ultimately proofs your edge to the world. So, let the naysayers riddle your posts. As far as I am concerned, you've posted enough by my book, to have proven the viability of what you do already.

In fact, just for the heck of it - I studied what you provided, took a Long position on GBPUSD this session and am currently up approximately $98,748.83 at 1243 hrs pac local. I'm going close out the position now because I don't do manual trades (my system is fully automated) - but I did want to let you know that I was able to understand what you have provided AND I was able to implement it in less than a couple of hours (comfortably) even though I risked only a small portion of my live-cash test account. That's because I've been around this business long enough to recognize a good "edge" when I see one. Besides, it was fun doing something different for a change.

I picked-up the InterbankFx (I don't trade with them but I do use their datafeed as a confirming source) 0200hr 1 hr bar and never looked back, using what you posted in this thread. I started from post number 1 and read through post number 80 - by then it was pretty clear what you were doing here online (I'm sure there is more underneath but keep it to yourself - don't give it all away).

The Monaco trip sounds wonderful! My Wife and I, would love to attend but we've got other commitments during the same time-frame. When our yacht is finished (hopefully, early 2011) we hope to make Monaco our first long-range cruise off the West Coast of California.

Congratulations! It is nice to see self-made Traders doing their own thing their own way. Simplicity, is a very powerful, very underrated, yet very overlooked thing. A concept that many modern day traders know viscerally, but reject intellectually and as a direct result, often times suffer needlessly.

And, finally - you are correct. The "edge" is all in your "head." :smart: If people would simply learn how to study and interpret the data in creative ways, they could do some interesting things in this business - but that's another thread entirely.

Timing
Direction
Magnitude
Probability

A powerful set of protocols for any trader in any era, no doubt. :cool:

Good job!

Thank you for the kind words. Looks like you DRAINED THE BANKS. Now all you need is a DRAIN THE BANKS t-shirt...LOL!

Thank you for the kind words. Looks like you DRAINED THE BANKS. Now all you need is a DRAIN THE BANKS t-shirt...LOL!

Or, one from Monaco with a nice Red Ferrari Enzo on the back - nice. :cool:

No problem, keep up the good work - an edge is an edge, who cares what they say.

Others: Please understand - I got the PMs but I don't teach or train anymore - that was years ago. I appreciate the fact that some find trading the currency markets difficult, but Rump is showing you guys that it does not have to be all that hard. What I do is well beyond the scope of this forum from a purely technical standpoint. I could no more 'show' or 'teach' anyone what I'm doing than Boeing could show or teach someone how to build a 787 - its just too big.

However, Rump is showing you an edge and an edge is all you need to start building additional trading concepts on top of what you should be learning here. All I did was read through post number 70 or so, and then went out and applied what Rump was talking about in a test account of mine (one I could afford to lose some money with). So, re-read of you have to, but the principle that he's showing you here actually works IF you work it. I've never met the guy before, but I do know an edge when I see one.

Always take what you learn from someone and find a way to make it your own. Everybody is capable of seeing different things (patterns) in the market data. Learn to study and interpret that data the market produces in multiple time-frames. Find patterns that repeat in multiple time-frames and then set some financial goals for yourself that are real. I needed a reason to be in this business and financial goals helped me to build the system that would put me on track from reaching those goals. So, use financial goals to help you find the patterns that net you the routine pips necessary to achieve the goal.

Look at Rump's stuff again and stop over-thinking the matter. It will sink in eventually. Happy Trading to all! :D

2l95hz6.gif

ClOp is Close - Open or how far up/down is the price from the open right now.

HiOp is High - Open or how far UP did price move away from the open today.

OpLo is Open - Low or how far DOWN did price move away from the open today.

Today is one for the record books.

Hi TRO,

Really been enjoying reading through this thread, and im pleased that I understand it all!

Im now at the stage where I want to try these three methods with a demo account. Is there any reason why any of the strategies won't work on commodities for instance?

The reason I ask is that my account is small at the moment and my broker won't allow me to trade forex for under $5000.

Regards

Hi TRO,

Really been enjoying reading through this thread, and im pleased that I understand it all!

Im now at the stage where I want to try these three methods with a demo account. Is there any reason why any of the strategies won't work on commodities for instance?

The reason I ask is that my account is small at the moment and my broker won't allow me to trade forex for under $5000.

Regards

You will need to run statistics on the commodities you trade to know where to place the lines.

You need a different broker.

Q) Do you still work with 60 minute chart in addition or is the 5 minute sufficient.

A) Price is the same on all charts. The daily low is the same on all charts. That is because these are real and not conceptual. You can look at as many time frame charts as you want, it's not going to change price or the daily low.

Q) Do you still work with 60 minute chart in addition or is the 5 minute sufficient.

A) Price is the same on all charts. The daily low is the same on all charts. That is because these are real and not conceptual. You can look at as many time frame charts as you want, it's not going to change price or the daily low.

Thanks for that....!