NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

zupcon

Nov 14, 2004
This mornings fun and games, basic rules, only two trades per hour allowed, 1 long, 1 short, 20 pip S/L, 5 pip target, close if change of color on 1 hr candle. Scores on the doors are:

10:09 Long +5
11:02 Long +5
12:07 Long +5
13:01 Long +5
14:00 Short -10 (Closed on change of candle color)
14:05 Long +5

No discretion used, just letting the EA do its thing

Last edited:

north5

Jun 28, 2008
It does now open orders. I have just seen as part of the Zupcon challenge....

12:00 - Price touched 78 as red bar Sell opened, it turned green immediately - so EA exited out as per the rule for loss. As a note it would have continued for the full SL.

So far (for me) : -5.

north5

Jun 28, 2008
Just found a another blooming bug so will post an update again soon (is anyone using it??). New hour - same issue of whipsaw again.

13:12 - Price touched 78 as green sell bar, it turned around and formed a red bar at opening price of 74 - so Exit as per the rule for -4.

So far (for me) : -9

Dec 30, 2002
Come to think of it though, this thread title is more slick than i 1st thought.

I leniently assumed it means, in the general sense, that yes you will have the odd losing trade, but overall you will be a winner. Although if we were to take the title literally, you would expect zero losing trades ever......

However,
says nothing - about winning overall, or, about a winning trade - again..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheRumpledOne

Aug 20, 2006
Arizona
www.kreslik.com
Sounds like a spammers paradise!!! :LOL: ;). Be able to post complete baloney, without receiving any criticism?! come on, get real!!

I have pulled your TRADE ENTRY SYSTEM to bits and have nothing more to add. If people are stupid enough not to take notice of our warnings, then so be it!

I have nothing more to add to your thread/s.

I have not placed you on my ignore list yet. However,i have not ruled out doing so in the near future. :)
PLEASE IGNORE ME!!!

TheRumpledOne

Aug 20, 2006
Arizona
www.kreslik.com
Come to think of it though, this thread title is more slick than i 1st thought.

I leniently assumed it means, in the general sense, that yes you will have the odd losing trade, but overall you will be a winner. Although if we were to take the title literally, you would expect zero losing trades ever......

However, says nothing - about winning overall, or, about a winning trade - again..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much do you actually read?

What is losing? Ending with less than you start, right?

So if you end the day, week, month, or year with more than you start, you are not losing, right?

north5

Jun 28, 2008
TRO,

My f'ing computer crashed this afternoon so I can't compare what you say with the EA yet. I don't know if anyone else ran it - would like some feedback if they did (especially if there are any bugs that need fixing).

One thing I did note on the few trades I saw was that it got out quickly as there were retracements back to the H1 open price. This may be a good thing or bad - can't tell yet. I will say that conforms to the cut your losses quickly thinking though.

I may get the EA up again soon and have a look - although it may be tomorrow now for me.

zupcon

Nov 14, 2004
TRO,

My f'ing computer crashed this afternoon so I can't compare what you say with the EA yet. I don't know if anyone else ran it - would like some feedback if they did (especially if there are any bugs that need fixing).

One thing I did note on the few trades I saw was that it got out quickly as there were retracements back to the H1 open price. This may be a good thing or bad - can't tell yet. I will say that conforms to the cut your losses quickly thinking though.

I may get the EA up again soon and have a look - although it may be tomorrow now for me.
Away from home at the moment, so installed ODL's version of MT on a mates laptop, placing orders 5 pips from market wont work so you get a 130 error. Knocked up a quick EA based on rules but using 0,25,50,75 lines, +5,+5,+5,+5,-10 (retrace to open), +5, -12 (retrace to open), +5,+5, -8 (retrace to open) and -15 (retrace to open) minus 10 for day

Nov 18, 2008
i ran it from march, 08 to nov, 08, on hourly.

initial deposit = 10k
gross profit = 9531
gross loss = -8159
net profit = 1372
profit factor = 1.17

UKtradergirl

Oct 19, 2008
Seems like a lot of effort for very little gain (assuming that is there is an actual gain).

However, if it is minorly successful i could see its uses as an EA. As a human operator however there is always the potential to make a minor error which would totally mess up all your profits. Not to mention how labour-intensive it is.

Nov 18, 2008
Pirilion,

Was that my in this thread EA or one of your own?
yours, mate.

agreed, uktgirl.

EDIT - BTW north, let me know if u need me to do anything with it or pm u screenshots, etc, since ur pc crashed at the wrong time.

be happy 2 help.

tc

Last edited:

north5

Jun 28, 2008
Cheers - well glad it worked well - however I didn't implement the loss exit strategy correctly so it will need to be run again. Good to see it is working though as I didn't do more than a very quick test of it.