NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

Tradergirl, if SOME PEOPLE understand but others don't is it really the teacher's fault? It doesn't matter!! It's up to the student to ask questions and study/practice the lessons to understand.

So either you want to LEARN or you want to CRITICIZE. It's easier to do one than it is to do both.

Learning will result in PROFIT. Isn't PROFIT what you're really after?

I am absolutely not criticizing you and I wasn't blaming you for anything. Why so defensive? The way you have written this post explains exactly what i was on about here:-

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/567344-post2110.html

Trying to be nice to you and understand you is becoming a bit of a liability. Think i'm bailing out of this one...

I am absolutely not criticizing you and I wasn't blaming you for anything. Why so defensive? The way you have written this post explains exactly what i was on about here:-

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/567344-post2110.html

Trying to be nice to you and understand you is becoming a bit of a liability. Think i'm bailing out of this one...

With all respect, TRO may be a brilliant programmer and even a genius trader (or not), but he isn't good at explaining things.

Saying "...but he isn't good at explaining things" is a criticism.

The last 5 posts, including this one, are all OFF TOPIC. They have NOTHING to do with trading. Notice, I didn't start it. These posts could have been PMs so as to NOT clog up the thread.

If you have a complaint, criticism or sarcastic reply, PM me instead of clogging the thread. Let's try to stay ON TOPIC.

Last edited:
You either want to talk in PM or you want to talk here in public. Make up your mind- let's not do both at once, please- OK?

p.s. you started this one, not me- look back over the thread.

Now the OFF TOPIC count is the last 7 posts. They have NOTHING to do with trading.

These posts could have been PMs so as to NOT clog up the thread.

dh5pxj.gif

YOU DON'T NEED TO FLIP BETWEEN TIME FRAMES!

That could cost you profit.

Just use my FREE TRO MULTIMETER CANDLE COLOR indicator to see what the candle colors are on the other time frames.

HOW I DO IT

2n88v8i.gif

I look at my TRO DASHBOARD BAR COUNT to see what pairs have 3 or more H1 candles in a row.

Then I look at the TRO MPMM CANDLE COLOR indicator to see how far up/down price is from the H1 open. I also can see if the price is up/down for the day. Trading when H1 and D1 are the same color is usually profitable especially after a 3 bar reversal.

TRO MPMM EXITS

wl8w45.gif

Since I get asked about exits all the time, I wrote TRO_MPMM_EXIT.

TRO_MPMM_EXIT will show you when it's time to start thinking about exiting your trade.

There are 5 arrowheads that show exits based on:

1: CANDLE COLOR
2: HIGHER HIGH / LOWER LOW
3: CLOSE VS. PIVOT
4: CONTROL
5: CLOSE VS EMA(5)

If 3 or more arrowhead colors match then the color of the pair show that color.

If you are SHORT and the arrows are green EXIT

If you are LONG and the arrows are red EXIT.

Of course, if you THINK ABOUT IT, you can use this for entries, too but that's NOT what it was designed for.

2lc4vfb.gif

I made another version of TRO HL HISTOGRAM that allows the trader to input a price and shows by how many pips price crossed that price.

It only shows in the direction of the candle color.

As you can see, trading with the H1 candle at 0.6600 would have been very profitable.

k5696p.gif

SEE GREEN CANDLE.

SEE GREEN CANDLE AT 0.6450

GO LONG

TAKE PROFIT.

That's it. Those are all the steps to this.

Tradergirl, if SOME PEOPLE understand but others don't is it really the teacher's fault? It doesn't matter!! It's up to the student to ask questions and study/practice the lessons to understand.

So either you want to LEARN or you want to CRITICIZE. It's easier to do one than it is to do both.

Learning will result in PROFIT. Isn't PROFIT what you're really after?

Hi TRO mate,

Its not the teachers fault, but it is the teachers reponsibility to ensure that ALL pupils in the class understand the subject matter.

In an educational setting, it is the duty of the teacher to explain the subject material in a way/ways that ALL pupils understand.

If a teacher only explained in one way it would be unfair.
Also, if there was only one explanation the Teacher would lose the understanding of more and more pupils as the class progressed, until they reached the stage where knowone in the class understood.

Therefore, it is in the best interests of the teacher to explain the lesson in a way/multiple ways that all members of the class can grasp & understand.

I had a really good history teacher, who when people didn't understand, he used football examples. Well i say football, but he supported Sheffield United :eek:.
His football examples were generally OK with most of the boys, who grasped his examples easily, but none of the girls tended to understand, and they complained to the head of the history department - which, luckily for him - was him. As a result, he stopped using football examples, and had to stretch himself slightly by using examples that all pupils could grasp.

:)

Last edited:
537ixh.gif

Hi TRO mate,

Its not the teachers fault, but it is the teachers reponsibility to ensure that ALL pupils in the class understand the subject matter.

In an educational setting, it is the duty of the teacher to explain the subject material in a way/ways that ALL pupils understand.

If a teacher only explained in one way it would be unfair.
Also, if there was only one explanation the Teacher would lose the understanding of more and more pupils as the class progressed, until they reached the stage where knowone in the class understood.

Therefore, it is in the best interests of the teacher to explain the lesson in a way/multiple ways that all members of the class can grasp & understand.

I had a really good history teacher, who when people didn't understand, he used football examples. Well i say football, but he supported Sheffield United :eek:.
His football examples were generally OK with most of the boys, who grasped his examples easily, but none of the girls tended to understand, and they complained to the head of the history department - which, luckily for him - was him. As a result, he stopped using football examples, and had to stretch himself slightly by using examples that all pupils could grasp.

Thank you for being polite.

Perhaps you can simplify this:

SEE GREEN CANDLE.

SEE GREEN CANDLE AT 0.6475

GO LONG

TAKE PROFIT.

so that the "rest of the class" can understand.

I really do NOT know how to make it any simpler.

Thanks again for being polite.

Hey TRO :cheesy:

I have no money and don't understand your thread and am holding you personally responsible!!

Just kidding....... :p

Question:

Today's EUR/USD 11:00 a.m. London time has the following properties:

Open: 1.2678
High: 1.2683
Low: 1.2638
Close: 1.2640

(Sorry, cannot post a chart from work)

Clearly a red candle, opened 3 pips away from our closest 25 number.

Question is, would you have taken a short at 1.2675, being as it's so close to the open (1.2678). Or would you have waited for 1.2650?

Do you have a rule about how many pips the open needs to be away from a 25 number?

A nice buy zone trade, 5 red candles in a row in the hourly, go long on green +7 pips nothing too complicated here. My first post , but don't make too many assumptions based on that.

uj.gif

537ixh.gif

Thank you for being polite.

Perhaps you can simplify this:

SEE GREEN CANDLE.

SEE GREEN CANDLE AT 0.6475

GO LONG

TAKE PROFIT.

so that the "rest of the class" can understand.

I really do NOT know how to make it any simpler.

Thanks again for being polite.

Post up and down arrows under the appropriate candle, to mark the candle where the trade was taken & the direction..

Maybe use another symbol type such as a cross to signal the exit point.

r2vq78.gif

Hey TRO :cheesy:

I have no money and don't understand your thread and am holding you personally responsible!!

Just kidding....... :p

Question:

Today's EUR/USD 11:00 a.m. London time has the following properties:

Open: 1.2678
High: 1.2683
Low: 1.2638
Close: 1.2640

(Sorry, cannot post a chart from work)

Clearly a red candle, opened 3 pips away from our closest 25 number.

Question is, would you have taken a short at 1.2675, being as it's so close to the open (1.2678). Or would you have waited for 1.2650?

Do you have a rule about how many pips the open needs to be away from a 25 number?

Simple answer is NO. NO rule. Go short at 1.2675.

But if you use the Buy Zone, then you know price has to move 3 - 4 pips. Also, you can wait 1 to 5 minutes to see what price is doing BEFORE you enter. What was price doing BEFORE the new H1 candle opened? Going up or down? That's another clue as to whether to take the trade or wait.

But in the interest of KEEPING THINGS SIMPLE, TAKE THE TRADE AT THE FIRST LINE PRICE HITS. Then use money management. You can google "TRO DRAGON MONEY MANAGEMENT" to find the FREE TRO DRAGON MONEY MANAGEMENT INDICATOR for MT4.

Remember, the worst possible draw down is 25 pips BECAUSE PRICE will have CHANGED COLOR and HIT ANOTHER LINE!! When that happens, PRICE IS TELLING YOU TO ENTER A TRADE IN THIS DIRECTION.

Thanks for posting.

Hi Tro,

I'd just like to say thanks for your time and effort - I don't know why some are finding it so hard to understand.

I have a question if I may - Eur/Usd opened at 1.2644 and I entered long at 1.2652 (1.2650 + spread) and I have just taken 25 pips profit on 1st half and then 2nd half stopped at b/e but at this point candle is still green because it's above the open..... so my question is would you do either of the following :- if the candle then turns red would you short at 1.2625 which would be the first line below the open or if the price broke up through 1.2650 again would you attempt a 2nd long in the same hour.

I'm sorry if it's a bit long-winded, but to simplify...do you ever take 2 trades in the same hour as long as it follows the rules and maybe using a smaller timeframe to assist with re-entry?

Many Thanks - chin up, some of us are with you!

Bunny

eur/usd opened this hour at 1.2674, I have just taken a short at 1.2649

Bunny

taken half for 10 pips profit already...not bad for 2 mins work :) 2nd half to b/e

2nd update: 2nd half stopped at b/e

Thanks for the pips TRO ;)

Bunny

Last edited:
putting aside TRO's rather terse and combative nature :cheesy:, EURUSD would have nabbed some good action.
the reason I chose EU, was because it was choppy after 9-am, and choppy markets are the real test of some systems.

difficulty can be identifying when the trade is running out of steam.
the one bar I cant analyse with ease is the one marked with question marks. (the purple marker is where the call of green/red is open to question)
the open is too close to the 75 line to call green/red.
if you decided to go short, there might have been a good chance to bail out rather than take the full 25 pip hit.
there is only one clear failure, when the trade reverses almost exactly at the 25 line.

the others are clear winners, or move sufficiently far after the trade initiates that you have enough room to bail out without taking the full 25 pip hit.

if TRO was washed and scrubbed, and taught some etiquette, he would be treated better. :cheesy:
(that is a joke, TRO. its interesting that the negativity probably comes more as a reaction to your abrasive demeanour rather than your trading rules. something to think about.)

Attachments

• eu-tro-1.jpg
    eu-tro-1.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 480