My ZuluTrade Adventure

sainthake

Zulu Username:Hake Hake

I have been trading for almost 5 years.
I have been trading there for 5 weeks, so far I have been doing really well.
My goal is to be at most top 10. My strategy is purely technical analysis.

The purpose of this thread is to share trading psychology and ideas.
Also, to help benefit others as well as myself.

I will try to live-call all my trades in-advance, however I tend to enter on the spot as I monitor on the 4h-chart. Also, posts chart and brief explanation about why I am making each trade that I do.

*I will only share ideas, psychology, and things I feel is via-able*

Last edited:
opening multiple positions in an attempt to lift your pip count?

The purpose of this thread is to share trading psychology and ideas.Also, to help benefit others as well as myself.

Attachments

• 2013-03-27_0956.png
    2013-03-27_0956.png
    40 KB · Views: 407
one thing for you, your RR looks ok

so many at zulu love to hold forever and a day until red turns green, it doesnt appear that you do this

Yes, but even if you take that into account I have performed well. This is just a method to reach my goal.

Pip count doesnt affect your P&L as opening more trades creates a larger drawdown and lowers your rank so its a double edged sword.

Max open positions also affects your rank, so duping doesn't improve ones rank.

Unfortunately I learned that a little too late, so all my trades have to be duped going forward.

I am not averaging in.
All my trades are placed around the same time.

Zulu just has this rule compliance 15sec wait before entering more positions.

most traders i've seen at zulu eventually become gamblers, even the good ones

but if you can consistently trade "professionally", then a good trader will advance at zulu

good luck to you, i'll keep an eye on your account (y)

Good luck. Nice stats so far. I'm subscribed.

Going through your trades, I can see you've done 39 trades. The rest are duplicates. Which makes it not as impressive, but still 51 pips on average at 39 trades, is still 2k pips in 5 weeks, which is very good.

Last edited:
yes, 500 pips/wk is good

to be sure, a bigger sample size (time) is required

there have been a number of surprise news releases in the past couple of weeks, which may have inadvertently added to the count

........dont want to take from your skills, but its a variable i'd like to remove (with a bigger sample size), in order to be confident

also, i notice a number of trades have been held over the weekend, which increases risk for the intraday trader; a variable i'm alert to when assessing zulu accounts

Good luck. Nice stats so far. I'm subscribed.

Going through your trades, I can see you've done 39 trades. The rest are duplicates. Which makes it not as impressive, but still 51 pips on average at 39 trades, is still 2k pips in 5 weeks, which is very good.

yes, 500 pips/wk is good

to be sure, a bigger sample size (time) is required

there have been a number of surprise news releases in the past couple of weeks, which may have inadvertently added to the count

........dont want to take from your skills, but its a variable i'd like to remove (with a bigger sample size), in order to be confident

also, i notice a number of trades have been held over the weekend, which increases risk for the intraday trader; a variable i'm alert to when assessing zulu accounts

I agree with the big sample size, and regards to maybe some luck with the announcements, but in regards to holding positions over the weekend, I don't think there's a better trade out there. Most traders pointlessly close their trades before friday's close taking profits. It's the worst trading practice that a lot of traders do.

Thanks the stats are good so far.what you havent said in your profile is what you max stop and dd will be. Ive put you on my demo list. One day i might have the guts to put my name up

Thanks the stats are good so far.what you havent said in your profile is what you max stop and dd will be. Ive put you on my demo list. One day i might have the guts to put my name up

Yea, I have been busy rather climbing the ladder than worrying about followers.

But, yes thank you for noticing I will do just that.

I was rather expecting "real" traders to notice the strategy and method taking place
and not scalping, averaging in, or waiting until red turns to green.

Yea, I have been busy rather climbing the ladder than worrying about followers.

But, yes thank you for noticing I will do just that.

I was rather expecting "real" traders to notice the strategy and method taking place
and not scalping, averaging in, or waiting until red turns to green.

feel free to join the live call thread and call a few out there

Performance is inflated , many trades were taken at the same time .

Performance is inflated , many trades were taken at the same time .

Yes, but even if you take that into account I have performed well. This is just a method to reach my goal.

Pip count doesnt affect your P&L as opening more trades creates a larger drawdown and lowers your rank so its a double edged sword.

Max open positions also affects your rank, so duping doesn't improve ones rank.

Unfortunately I learned that a little too late, so all my trades have to be duped going forward.

I get your points , MAX DD will increase as well , but that doesn't change the fact that the numbers are inflated so in reality you didn't make 9K pips it is much less , plus that could be considered as a commission hunting practice .
BTW max open positions shouldn't effect your ranking but i'm not sure will ask Zulu .

Zulus ROI % is calculated as per the following formula:

Profit (pips) divided by

[(MaxOpenTrades x 100) + (MaxDD in pips)] x 100.