My thoughts..

• Thread starter Synchronicity
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Synchronicity

Hi

First post here, I've been spread betting for a year now and am getting so good at it I've started to win some :clap:
My strategy is quite simple. I review most of the FTSE 350 over the course of a week looking at MACD, Stochastic, Elder Ray and William's Accumulation Distribution. I am also looking for classic chart patterns such as triangles, head & shoulders etc. If a setup looks interesting I spend more time, if it doesn't I move quickly on.

I've listed some of my current opinions below, some I'm trading, some I'm thinking about. Any comments welcome.

NEXT (NXT.L)
Short but my entry was poor so the current ups & downs are making me anxious. If it doesn't head further down soon I may close and wait for a better entry point. As well as following the downtrend I feel that the whole retail sector is in for a hard time this year so long term this should work out well.

Scottish & Southern Energy PLC (SSE.L)
Short here also. A classic descending triangle formation has developed over the last few months with 1400 as its base. I sold after the breakout down on 9th April and increased my position when it returned to test 1400 as resistance. My target is in the 1200 region.

Inmarsat PLC (ISAT.L)
Looks like a descending triangle similar to SSE with a base at about 420. I will wait for breakout to confirm then look for 350 - 320.

Big Yellow Group (BYG.L)
Testing support at 405. This is showing a negative MACD divergence between the last two peaks so a break of support is quite possible. Next support level is 350.

As I said, comments welcome.

Synch

(CLLN.L) Carillion PLC looks like a head and shoulders pattern. A close below 350 would confirm, targets 335 - 310