Breakouts

Chad Seven

207 13
Dude, do you even Crude Oil?

1594301138164.png

Chad Seven

207 13

Can 't sleep, which is unusual for me.

I have been reviewing my trades and noticed something on the Soyabean chart. The price had dropped sharply then reversed to form a hammer/pin at a level I had already marked as weak support and was surprised at the reaction.

Looking at it more closely now there is a gap which formed on March 9th (yes...three months ago) which corresponds with the level exactly. If I was able I would close this trade now as it is clear the price is consolidating in anticipation of a reversal and could very well gap up on the Monday open.

Reversals at gaps are such a consistent phenomena I am started to wonder if I should be trying to trade them rather than breakouts.

1594435679255.png

Chad Seven

207 13
Can 't sleep, which is unusual for me.

I have been reviewing my trades and noticed something on the Soyabean chart. The price had dropped sharply then reversed to form a hammer/pin at a level I had already marked as weak support and was surprised at the reaction.

Looking at it more closely now there is a gap which formed on March 9th (yes...three months ago) which corresponds with the level exactly. If I was able I would close this trade now as it is clear the price is consolidating in anticipation of a reversal and could very well gap up on the Monday open.

Reversals at gaps are such a consistent phenomena I am started to wonder if I should be trying to trade them rather than breakouts.

View attachment 283543

Gapped down which was a pleasant surprise. Stop moved to BE.

Chad Seven

207 13
Everybody watching copper? Holy...

I see the stock market shows no sign of slowing down either.

Last edited:

Chad Seven

207 13
I have been thinking about gold nearing all time highs and the 2,000 level. I wonder if a significant, historical level like this behaves like a magnet, drawing in exuberant buyers and thereby becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock