Breakouts

Chad Seven

194 13
My new approach is a breakout strategy using the height of the pattern to calculate entry, stop and target.

Markets:
EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, GBP/JPY, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, FTSE100, DOW, S&P, CAC, DAX, Brent, WTI, Gold, Silver, Bitcoin Cash and perhaps some others.

Approach:
  1. Identify ascending/descending triangle on M5/M15/M30/H1 TF
  2. Set entry at height of triangle x X% above resistance for longs and below support for shorts
  3. Set stop at height of triangle x Y% below resistance for longs and above support for shorts
  4. Set target roughly based size of triangle above resistance or at the next problem area before
  5. Override rule #4 so that target is placed before any major resistance levels
See you Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: trendie

Chad Seven

194 13
Pending order.

1583770831152.png

tomorton

Legendary member
8,144 1,227
Don't be discouraged, market conditions are a long way off typical.

Reactions: Chad Seven

tomorton

Legendary member
8,144 1,227
I've been wishing this approach would work but this is getting a bit gruelling.

I had not heard of Joel Rensink's First Strike strategy but it seems a bit of a stretch to take a snapshot of price action on one day and then let that alone dictate the trade over the week.

Are you sure this is going to work?

Reactions: Chad Seven

Chad Seven

194 13
I've been wishing this approach would work but this is getting a bit gruelling.

I had not heard of Joel Rensink's First Strike strategy but it seems a bit of a stretch to take a snapshot of price action on one day and then let that alone dictate the trade over the week.

Are you sure this is going to work?

No I am not sure it will work, if I was I probably would not be writing this journal. I am however surprised to have taken three losses in quick succession. Then again as you said previously these are tough markets to trade.

I don't think of the price action as dictating the trade over the week, I think of it as looking for a low risk entry to get in on a weekly trend, if one occurs.

I hope that helps. I don't mean to be rude when I say this journal is intended as a record of my trades and I would rather it does not become cluttered with discussions on the merits of my approach.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock