My position stalls and goes in opposite direction

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
wackypete2, marketpsych

Thanks I am not enjoying this game. The market cheats. who can we report them to for cheating.

The market doesn't cheat. The big players buy and that drives price up. Then when they sell this drives prices down. But we don't know when they buy and sell so half the time, if you're trying to compete with them on their chosen time-frame, we're right and half the time we're wrong. Its just how it is.

If you mean your broker cheats their customers, then that's good isn't it? If your broker is driving their quotes lower than the underlying market - let's say they want to hit the stops of their long clients or even wipe some of them out, though lord knows what the sense in that is - it gives you a chance to buy at a discount. How long do you think one tiny company can maintain a deep discount to the actual market? Very very soon they are going to have to restore their prices to parity or else they will be taken to the cleaners. Like how long do you think Sainsburys could sell bread at 10p per loaf?

I took a screen shot to show what I mean when I place position it simultaneously goes opposite.
242588d1499417294-my-position-stalls-goes-opposite-direction-sim-reverse.jpg

Thats cos youre trading like everyone else, prices go down and you sell. Have a think about what it is that you are actually doing. Imagine youre n the super market and some jo is calling out the prices for baked beans, or anything else you might want, if the prices where going up would you buy? I doubt it! If the prices where going down youd probably buy tho, and the lower they went the more youd buy. Its the same with market, atm youre trading in a way that feels comfortable to you, that suits your school taught mind, being right and needing confirmation trumps basic common sense. Seriously, have a think on the opportunity that was provided to the peeps / LPs / MMs that bought those contracts from you!? Its basic common sense, but you make it difficult, like most do.

Buy when the candles are red, sell when when theyre green, dont get too big, dont get too greedy, simple.
Youre not trading the market, youre trading yourself. Thats the real reason you dont like it atm.

Last edited:
Your best post ever darktone. You must be mellowing?

Every new trader should read this gem.

Thats cos youre trading like everyone else, prices go down and you sell. Have a think about what it is that you are actually doing. Imagine youre n the super market and some jo is calling out the prices for baked beans, or anything else you might want, if the prices where going up would you buy? I doubt it! If the prices where going down youd probably buy tho, and the lower they went the more youd buy. Its the same with market, atm youre trading in a way that feels comfortable to you, that suits your school taught mind, being right and needing confirmation trumps basic common sense. Seriously, have a think on the opportunity that was provided to the peeps / LPs / MMs that bought those contracts from you!? Its basic common sense, but you make it difficult, like most do.

Buy when the candles are red, sell when when theyre green, dont get too big, dont get too greedy, simple.
Youre not trading the market, youre trading yourself. Thats the real reason you dont like it atm.

Thanks for the insight and very interesting. You've just turned my head upside down. I've always been shown that I should look to buy after a strong green signal as price action goes north, and look for sell opportunity after impulsive red candles as market prices falling.

So should I be doing the opposite and betting against the trend is that what you mean?

Thanks for the insight and very interesting. You've just turned my head upside down. I've always been shown that I should look to buy after a strong green signal as price action goes north, and look for sell opportunity after impulsive red candles as market prices falling.

So should I be doing the opposite and betting against the trend is that what you mean?

No-one said it was easy (or we'd all be filthy rich :)) . If you're looking at this from a day trading perspective then you've jumped straight into the Formula 1 of trading when you've probably only just passed (or not) your driving test.

It did not cost the tellers anything , after you lost all your money , you will realize how much information they tried to hide from new traders .they only give you the information that benefits them.

When you lose money , others gain , it is a zero sum game.

Maybe you should buy "a little information trading course " , losing on it might be cheaper.

thank you sir. But shouldn't I be playing along with the big banks, so if they sell I should also sell and if they buy I follow them. I'd be crazy to go opposite direction to them right?

I am completely confused now. So do you guys also buy red candles and sell green candles. And if trend (green candles going north) is going up, I should sell ?

thank you sir. But shouldn't I be playing along with the big banks, so if they sell I should also sell and if they buy I follow them. I'd be crazy to go opposite direction to them right?

I am completely confused now. So do you guys also buy red candles and sell green candles. And if trend (green candles going north) is going up, I should sell ?

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE