Force open opposite positions on FX pairs

Agentginger

Does anyone use IG trading to trade currency pairs and know whether it's possible in their tool to "force open" an opposite position when you already a position open in one direction?
this functionality exists for indexes, e.g. FTSE 100, but I don't see the force open button on the GBP/USD pairs, for example.
Perhaps it's not permitted for this market, but I can't see why not, and I don't see any explanation on their site.
any ideas?

Does anyone use IG trading to trade currency pairs and know whether it's possible in their tool to "force open" an opposite position when you already a position open in one direction?
Hi Agentginger,
I don't trade forex but I gave it a go in my demo account to see if it works and it appears to be fine - see screenshot. Haven't tried it in my live account - but I see no reason why it would work in demo but not for real.
Tim.

GBP_USD (DFB).png

this functionality exists for indexes, e.g. FTSE 100, but I don't see the force open button on the GBP/USD pairs, for example.
Perhaps it's not permitted for this market, but I can't see why not, and I don't see any explanation on their site.
any ideas?

it is not wise to use IG platform to open an opposite position on the same instrument, when you open an opposite position and didn't to select "force open" the position on the opposite position will be closed, lets say you have a £10/point long GBP/USD position but for some reason you want to open a £10/point opposite position for a few days and you didn't to select "force open", the long side will be closed.