My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

From the begining I have been doing a mistake about Linear Regression Line. Mr. F uses Linear Regression Forecast Indicator which has different formula than Linear Regression Line. That's why our settings was very different, so as the curves.

This is the actual formula :
LRF = Regression(MA(PRICE, Z), X) + Slope * Y
Which is combination of Linear Regression Line & Integral of Linear Regression Slope.

So based on that, little updating the "All averages Indicator" I recoded the LRF indicator..I am not expert...but this one works with proper calculation.

But its bit slower as the calculation done with many steps.

If anyone interested, I just shared.

Regards

Oh dear Sun, 5 months in and you've been using the wrong calculation the whole time. Hopefully this time lost isn't time wasted for you.

Oh dear Sun, 5 months in and you've been using the wrong calculation the whole time. Hopefully this time lost isn't time wasted for you.

The calculation was not totally wrong before...Just a little bit of adjustment to get the proper curve for longer LRs. Only Slope added extra.

Today I will start trading with the new setup...

What I did in this 5 months?

• I'm learning a method.
  • I learn my problem with real account trade management.
  • I learn about Intraday set up, BTTZ areas & 30 minutes rules..

I will trade 5 days now in demo. As I get my real account on next week. In this 5 days. My job is not get freaked out & follow the rule.

Previously I was very hard with fixed tp & Sl. But now, i am fluid. After getting the stat for Mr. F, 15 pips is highest for full stake trades on 1 minute chart. So I am around 11-15 pips profit I am out.

Now in current stage problem is being hard on daily targets. I need to be fluid in this too. In this stage I might have loosing days at least 20% of the time. Cause If I get 4 consecutive losses & no good trades in later session. Then I might. Otherwise either we can hit the BE or 10+ pips.

There are many fishes in the river everyday..Just need to catch them properly & manage my fishing job.

Good day...
Back during midday..Last day my Smps explode.

New updated indicator is not that perfect with ctraders LRF. So no more wasting time on coding or anything. Opened C trader demo account, will find signal from there & trade on mt4. Hope it will work.

Last trade on EU from F's thread, now my chart is perfectly synchronized. Using following settings:
10 - 16 - 27 - 60 - 80 - 105 - 240 - 300 - 450

Why EU stopped around 915, now has an answer LR 450. In my mt4 LR 450 was around 907. 8 pips delaying. But old LRMA Indicator shows proper signal. Don't want to confuse myself anymore further.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1R6Jn.png
    1R6Jn.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 975
Last edited:
18-01-2016

Had to admit Ctrader has high commissions than MT4 for low band traders.

$10 too much....anyway during real i am not going trade with CTrader, will be using Ctrader just for LR analysis.

Today 22+ pips
Win rate: 90%
No of trade:13
18012016.png

20-01-2016

Rubbish day for me too.
Pl -15
No of trades: 21
Win rate: 52%

Couldn't keep 3 days continuous positive day. lets see tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20012016.png
    20012016.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 194
Hi Sun

You take a lot of trades over a very short period.

Should Sun11 be taking this many trades with your system over such a short period @Forexmospherian

Hi Oscar

Need to check her latest results out

I would agree 21 trades is a lot in a fairly short period - could she have stopped at 5 or just 10 trades when she had not caught any decent winners ??

Will come back to this later on

Meanwhile Good Trading

Regards

F

Rubbish day for me too.
Pl -15
No of trades: 21
Win rate: 52%

Couldn't keep 3 days continuous positive day. lets see tomorrow.

Hi Sun

Need to review these figures in more detail

Get the feeling its all down to stress of live trading and not having confidence that you can find better winning scalps - you kept your losses tight which is good - but dont seem to be able to stay with any winners at all

Surely 10+ winners - there must have been one or two make over 7 or 10 pips ??

If not - you are chasing poor scalps - they make a few pips - but they are not the ones I am many other scalpers are taking

Look forward to hearing your own thoughts on what's happening

Meanwhile - dont worry if you only take 1 scalp in an hour - just make sure its one that makes 7 or 10 or 20+ pips etc

Regards

F

Personal note

Hi Sun

Need to review these figures in more detail

Get the feeling its all down to stress of live trading and not having confidence that you can find better winning scalps - you kept your losses tight which is good - but dont seem to be able to stay with any winners at all

Surely 10+ winners - there must have been one or two make over 7 or 10 pips ??

If not - you are chasing poor scalps - they make a few pips - but they are not the ones I am many other scalpers are taking

Look forward to hearing your own thoughts on what's happening

Meanwhile - dont worry if you only take 1 scalp in an hour - just make sure its one that makes 7 or 10 or 20+ pips etc

Regards

F

Hi F,

You pointed it right. My RR is bad. I know the statistics. But thing is I don't know how far I should hold my trade when price is above all LR. I know the answer is the S/R. But what that would be?
How will i figure it out?

Honestly I have 100s of methods to calculate S/R level. But I just don't know which one to choose! confused..
I know how to use Fibos & wave patterns, Gann methods (about which i am researching for last 3 years I guess) but if i use them, then there might be conflict in between Lrs isn't it?

I know MM use pitchfork along with Lr. I was thinking about Gann, will it be ok?

p.s: I might totally sound like a stupid.

Regards
Good day

Hi F,

You pointed it right. My RR is bad. I know the statistics. But thing is I don't know how far I should hold my trade when price is above all LR. I know the answer is the S/R. But what that would be?

Honestly I have 100s of methods to calculate S/R level. But I just don't know which one to choose! confused..
I know how to use Fibos & wave patterns, Gann methods (about which i am researching for last 3 years I guess) but if i use them, then there might be conflict in between Lrs isn't it?

I know MM use pitchfork along with Lr. I was thinking about Gann, will it be ok?

Regards
Good day

The more you learn, the more confused and fearful youll become. Theres no knowing sun. Work on your mind.

Hi F,

Regards
Good day

Hi Sun

That's maybe a problem - all what you have learnt in the past with Gann and Fibs etc etc - its taking you away from my method - and really for intraday - my method is far superior - as we trade in the "now" - we need to know whats happened in last 30 and 60 mins and everything off a tick or 1 min chart to give us the detail required to work off super tight stops

Dont worry about your thoughts - you have a lot of trading knowledge - but its conflicting and therefore - its not really helping

Lets just look at the EA this morning

In last 45 mins I have posted a chart showing the importance of the 5820 area - ie say 5818 to 5825 ish

Thats not calculated from gann or fibs or murrey maths or pivots - its based on 2 hrs of whats happened around this price area

Result - above 5820 / 25 favours bull bias - under 5825 -18 favours bear bias and sells

I work the LiTs scalp area based on not just LRs - but on pause time and number of stalls etc over last 3 hrs or so

Ideally you just sell under 5820

If you had - well now you would be 60 pips up this hour

I need you to forget all you have been taught - and focus 100% on my intraday ,method - then you will find - your results will improve

Regards

F

Hi Sun

That's maybe a problem - all what you have learnt in the past with Gann and Fibs etc etc - its taking you away from my method - and really for intraday - my method is far superior - as we trade in the "now" - we need to know whats happened in last 30 and 60 mins and everything off a tick or 1 min chart to give us the detail required to work off super tight stops

Dont worry about your thoughts - you have a lot of trading knowledge - but its conflicting and therefore - its not really helping

Lets just look at the EA this morning

In last 45 mins I have posted a chart showing the importance of the 5820 area - ie say 5818 to 5825 ish

Thats not calculated from gann or fibs or murrey maths or pivots - its based on 2 hrs of whats happened around this price area

Result - above 5820 / 25 favours bull bias - under 5825 -18 favours bear bias and sells

I work the LiTs scalp area based on not just LRs - but on pause time and number of stalls etc over last 3 hrs or so

Ideally you just sell under 5820

If you had - well now you would be 60 pips up this hour

I need you to forget all you have been taught - and focus 100% on my intraday ,method - then you will find - your results will improve

Regards

F

Hi F

Good post

What if Sun posted her charts just before she starts trading.

And you add some comments.

You would be able to point out what Sun is looking for in the time ahead.

Oscar

Hi F

Good post

What if Sun posted her charts just before she starts trading.

And you add some comments.

You would be able to point out what Sun is looking for in the time ahead.

Oscar

Good Idea Oscar

Quite happy to be more interactive in a morning session - and any pairs of her choice etc

Have a think Sun - how I can help you - with you still doing your own decision making etc - last thing I want to do is just give you trades to take - and you maybe not seeing them at all etc

Regards

F

Hi all,

Thank you DT, you pointed out , I need to work on my fear. More information will puzzle me. I will share my post before I take trades on F's thread, thank you oscar..good idea.

To F,

Yes I'm emptying my cup. :)

chinese-tea-tao-for-all-chinese-people-26-728.jpg

Sorry for being blind.:eek:

Just earned 14 pips with EA. Will be posting its chart on your thread.

Have a nice day.

Last edited: