My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

combining gann and pf with m1 is not simple. the timeframes i use on each are much longer than m1. i can buy for a 40 pip swing when up against an MHL-U, while pf traders are getting short. Therefore useful when trying to understand bigger targets where the real money may be positioning. But not useful if it influences you only to get short for instance, when m1 is saying there is a 40 pip opportunity in the other direction. Gann can be useful for timing major changes, but it is complex and im about 3 percent into my uinderstanding of it

combining gann and pf with m1 is not simple. the timeframes i use on each are much longer than m1. i can buy for a 40 pip swing when up against an MHL-U, while pf traders are getting short. Therefore useful when trying to understand bigger targets where the real money may be positioning. But not useful if it influences you only to get short for instance, when m1 is saying there is a 40 pip opportunity in the other direction. Gann can be useful for timing major changes, but it is complex and im about 3 percent into my uinderstanding of it

You got me..yes totally agreed it's not that easy. But sometimes multiple TF is helpful to get longer target. About gann cycles it works better on equity market longer tf. :LOL: Definitely not for scalping i guess.

Pl: = 27
No of trades: 12
Win rate: 42%
21012016.png

Pl: = 27
No of trades: 12
Win rate: 42%
View attachment 214960

That's better to me Sun

Low win ratio - BUT - your winners had some good pips in them = a few adding up to over 50 pips - and your losses were tight - so a profit

We will get you averaging 60 to 75% win ratios on 10 to 20 trades - and your winners ending up making you 20 to 40 pips every day - easy

Step by step

(y)

Everybody has to start somewhere.

To sun and all the other beginner traders.

When it comes to the internet and boards like these, you need to be very careful who you listen to regarding trading advice. For every 1 trader who can offer something of value, there will be 50 who don't have the foggiest idea what they are talking about. You need to remember that uneducated uninformed opinion is in the ascendancy. People love to offer up all kinds of advice to help you, but the truth is, most of it could hold you back years and at worst be detrimental to your trading account.

Now, I tell you all this so that you can start asking the serious questions of these so called experts and guru's. If you don't get satisfactory answers from them, then you need to wonder why !!!

So, the first question of any "self proclaimed expert" trader should be....prove you're an expert !

Hope it helps.
cv

Good Idea Oscar

Quite happy to be more interactive in a morning session - and any pairs of her choice etc

Have a think Sun - how I can help you - with you still doing your own decision making etc - last thing I want to do is just give you trades to take - and you maybe not seeing them at all etc

Regards

F

Hi @Forexmospherian

Just reading the @counter_violent post and @sun11 posts

I know you won't put up statements.

But ever thought of just showing a trader plotter like attached.

It's not showing any financial info.

Might help Sun11 more with understanding your trading system.

And see can see where you are taking the trades and getting out.

Just a thought.

Cheers
Oscar

Attachments

• DAX.JPG
    DAX.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 368
Hi F

Good post

What if Sun posted her charts just before she starts trading.

And you add some comments.

You would be able to point out what Sun is looking for in the time ahead.

Oscar

One thought, in this morning about sharing charts...
I think it will not be working nice...Because its scalping. I will post a chart waiting for reply, by the time, i might missed the trade. :p

Sharing thoughts just like i do always or did now..i think it will be faster.

Its very easy to hack trader plotters.;)

Hello everyone and happy new year to you all.

Seriously, there are many ways to show perfs without being involved regarding IRS or whatever.
One of them is to use a MyFxBook tracked account and to hide all the compromising informations.
Then will only remain some kind of progression curve (hopefully :p) with percentages and no real amount information.

I perfectly understand that someone does not want to share something containing personal and/or compromising informations but also think that sometimes, especially when it's so frequently asked, it's good to give some (risk less) proofs.
It would have the advantage of making things perfectly clear and focus on trading method instead of wondering and arguing and dunno what else.
Just my humble opinion.:)

Have a nice trading day.

R.

Done
Not sure what the risk reward ratio is.
The red arrows are the shorts and the greens are where you covered?
And the first 3 orders where overnight but got slipped high on the gap?

If so nice play OZ, no panicking or nuffink (y)

RRRs are always a funny thing eh. Can imagine the :smart: guy who was short the 8oclock highs last night, who had his 3to1 RR worked into a 20pip stop. Then get mashed on the open. :LOL:

Last edited:
Hi @Forexmospherian

Just a thought.

Cheers
Oscar

Hi Oscar

A few points here -

My charts I post etc - are not the charts or in some cases even the broker I trade from

I use a laptop and tablet for blogging and posting charts. My live trade accounts are on a computer with no other outside feed via the internet - its purely 100% a trading platform connected to then a few broker platforms.

Also showing the trades then in hindsight from a chart already completed the moves is still not live - ie I need Sun to see entries in advance of the moves - and this morning we had a perfect scenario on the GU after 8 00 am - and we were able to trade in the now and live with a b/o on the other thread

I do like posting charts prior to the move with the comments - ie a scalp buy above 1111 due to price structure etc- along with then the R areas - that might offer initial targets - and then an hour or so later post the completed chart. Done this a few times in last month and it gives then followers time to ask questions as the move progresses etc.

Ideally any student needs to sit next to the teacher and see them take the trades. With Sun living in India and me in the UK - that's not possible - but all we suffer atm is 30 - 60 second delays on the forum - and other than just quick scalps its not too much of a problem

I think now that Sun as dropped MT4 for the time being and as a match up to my chart on LR's and also getting used to using UK times for key times etc - then she will start to regain her confidence live etc

Hopefully every day - we can major on a pair - like GU this morning and then other mornings - EU - EA - EJ - AU etc - cherry picking the best opportunities etc - then all that can do is carry on taking her to a next level.

Good Trading

Regards

F

Hello everyone and happy new year to you all.

Seriously, there are many ways to show perfs without being involved regarding IRS or whatever.
One of them is to use a MyFxBook tracked account and to hide all the compromising informations.
Then will only remain some kind of progression curve (hopefully :p) with percentages and no real amount information.

I perfectly understand that someone does not want to share something containing personal and/or compromising informations but also think that sometimes, especially when it's so frequently asked, it's good to give some (risk less) proofs.
It would have the advantage of making things perfectly clear and focus on trading method instead of wondering and arguing and dunno what else.
Just my humble opinion.:)

Have a nice trading day.

R.

Hi R

Good to see you about again - I hope trading is going well and all the very best towards a successful, profitable and healthy 2016.

I agree the trading method is the key

You can have say 2 or 4 traders all using the same identical intraday method - and still they will get all different results - all depending on the pairs they trade and at what part of the session etc.

I remember with Major Magnum - he some days had achieved over 400 pips - and I meanwhile have had a super day - but not done 70% of his total - mainly because he left more partial stakes on - or traded a few better pairs.

Other days then I will find it easy of the first 2 hrs and meanwhile other similar Intraday FX traders make a couple of bad entries and end up not getting into the grove and struggle for an hr or two.

This last 6 months the EA as definitely been my favourite trading pair - its made it so easy to achieve well over my daily pip total etc

All the best

Regards

F

I think now that Sun as dropped MT4 for the time being and as a match up to my chart on LR's and also getting used to using UK times for key times etc - then she will start to regain her confidence live etc

Yes exactly using Ctrader is helping. Our time matches & charts too. I can find track of your comments with my charts now. (y)

22-01-2016

PL: 50+ with micro lots , in full stake 25
No of trade: 8
Win rate:62%

22012016.png

My average in this week is around 13 pips in full stake including one losing day.
Next week, let's see.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

Last edited:
Hi @Forexmospherian

Just a thought.

Cheers
Oscar

Lard Jebus! All that time ive wasted wiv fricken arrows!

A must see for anyone on MT4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNHDnqKkSqs

This is fxTrade platform, once you activate "show historical trades" it will show all the trades in the chart, you cannot cheat..... for what was explained to us previously the same is with the C trader platform......

With mt4 platform you can cheat if you like because you can show only what you like ....

GU 1m.

Attachments

• gu.png
    gu.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 140