My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

Morning MM, F Sun and the lurkers -)
What a meltdown that was on tot, wow some grown ups.
Ok it's done now.
Quiet day for me trading wise, been doing a few other things and my son in to start school tomorrow, so some peace and earlier bedtimes to look forward to.
GL all

Hi Nick

Opening new trade journal later today - and then its up you guys and any other members who want to follow the new "master class" FX training who we allow to come and join us

A new improved intraday reporting format - upping the bar - setting the standards etcetc

Should be fun

(y)

Regards

F

Hi Nick

Opening new trade journal later today - and then its up you guys and any other members who want to follow the new "master class" FX training who we allow to come and join us

A new improved intraday reporting format - upping the bar - setting the standards etcetc

Should be fun

(y)

Regards

F

Hi of course I do F.
I sent you a friend request in case it was needed and I need to make new friends anyway -)
Looking forward to it and it being a disser free zone too.
Cheers

first cable trade of day

Attachments

• gb.jpg
    gb.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 141
Maybe you could start the journal asap F. So as suns thread doesnt get buried in live trades / commentary and WKBW boohoo's. (y)

Last edited:
Maybe you could start the journal asap F. So as suns thread doesnt get buried in live trades and commentary. (y)

Hi DT

I agree -

She may want to tidy up after today

Should be up and running after 6 00 pm tonight ready for tomorrow

Then I am hoping a few members will also open up their own journals - similar to Sun along with their progress etc - if not on daily basis - every week or month etc

It would be good if you opened one separate to your own trading style - and incorporate no stops etc with the idea of just keep trading at all levels and pyramiding and peeling etc etc

Regards

F

Chart makes it look too easy.
Nice.

Agree Nice

I know different to LR method - but key things on it for me - was

1. 2 min chart - still quick - 5 mins onwards to slow personally

2. Dynamic levels with time and a key hour change

3. 30 -35 min rule held on new buys after low

4, A LH and a sell after 12 30 pm KT for me

OK - must go

GL all

GL guys and you as well Sun - first day under new level and you might need time to adjust

Hi F,
Yes you are right, today results is in adverse stage.
I'm about to ask two questions here with Interim S/R levels.

Definition of Interim S/R level: Last Top/Bottom ?

Lets say, I am buying after market broke an interim resistance. Now in my chart I can't find any more interim resistance, where I will be closing my trade or upto where will not be holding the buy trades any more.

So if I can't find any Resistance, market is making new higher high. Then what do in this case. keep buying? or holding? As you said you don't look more than 30 mins in chart. Then how to get further S/R levels. Do we need to zoom out more or use other higher time Time frame?

Its just a thought came into my mind. If its very advance, then no problem, tell me in later of part of training.
---------------------------
Just saying, without knowing any S/R, how would i know I long i should hold the trade. As in this part of training, I am about to take 3-5 pips per trade.

Another example,
I am at 5+ pip profit. I don't how far it will go, suppose market turned down. Now my 5+ at 1+, so I closed it. If there was R around that 5+ area, if i knew it earlier, then i would have closed my trade at 5+ isn't it.

I hope you understand what i'm trying to say.

Regards

Posting a picture in next...

S/R levels

USDCADM1.png

In reference to my last post. See here in this screen shot. As I knew there is a resistance now, so i confidently sold along with LR.

So this is what I am saying. Knowing S/R levels helps.

View attachment 198084

In reference to my last post. See here in this screen shot. As I knew there is a resistance now, so i confidently sold along with LR.

So this is what I am saying. Knowing S/R levels helps.

Updates to this chart. UCAD

USDCADM11.png

How I make my trades. Let me know what you think. If my understanding is wrong then please correct me.

Regards

Last edited:
Now its finally reached that 1.3269 zone.
View attachment 198090

Although I haven't taken this trade.

Ok missed the 1st trade as i was reading the post in here. :LOL:

Now made 2+ pips on 2nd trade & closed. But I didn't hold it longer. But actually it moved 9 pips favor.

CAD update.png

Ucad was in good swing move.

Day 19

P/L : 4.7 pips
No of trade: 20
Win rate: 63%
Largest win: 5.5
Largest loss: 5.2

Today taken less trade, I will be doing home work now. Need to review few things.
Today my trade was around 1-5 pips. But from tomorrow , new month i will holding my trades little longer until i get minimum 3 pips profit. So from tomorrow, i might get -60 to -100 pips losses in total. Expecting the worst. So lets see..

To F, I already made many post today with examples. I asked few questions. Hope you don't mind. There is no hurry. When ever you get time, reply at your pace.

Good night.

Attachments

• ST1.png
    ST1.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 894
Gallery has an 'R' in it...
Cheers Geo, all corrected now. Must be dislexic or something.
F's live trades and commentary is most welcome here. As he is my mentor....;) It helps...
No probs sun... have updated my previous previous post...;)

Btw, have you thought about limiting in an out of trades? (looks like youre using market orders) Could have a very + effect on your PnL.

198098d1441026786-my-journal-pathways-improvement-st1.png

Is that column 4th from the right commission? You pay spread on top of that?

Today taken less trade, I will be doing home work now. Need to review few things.
Today my trade was around 1-5 pips. But from tomorrow , new month i will holding my trades little longer until i get minimum 3 pips profit. So from tomorrow, i might get -60 to -100 pips losses in total. Expecting the worst. So lets see..

To F, I already made many post today with examples. I asked few questions. Hope you don't mind. There is no hurry. When ever you get time, reply at your pace.

Good night.

Hi Sun

Not long got back and have not been trading this afternoon although do have some 30% partial stakes still on from early on this morning

OK - will answer your questions later on - and meanwhile a couple of comment and I have updated the UCad 1 min chart so you can see it from a full day view along with all the LR's

198108d1441038252-my-journal-pathways-improvement-ucad-310815-pm.png

For now - its too complex to go straight to 9 + LRs - but I am sure you can see how they might assist more to help identify PA and PS with either bull or bear bias

I have also shown the intraday S & R levels - based on a 1 min chart over the last week as well as from yesterday and today. - Red is R and Green is support

Note HH's and HL's and also some other LRs keeping you in a buy up to the R area

Also I have added some KT's - I was not here to take the scalps unfortunately.

Dont worry about your losses - they will not be minus 60 or minus 100 + pips etc any day or days this week - unless we got a black swan and your stops etc got gapped. There is a way round that as well - but will explain that later on after stage 5 .

The reason being - you have to keep your maximum loss to 5 pips - ideally including spreads and so for minus 60 pips - you need 12 losses in a row

Please check through your first 500 scalps - I am sure you would have say 3 or 5 consecutive losses etc - but I dont think you would have over 7.

Normally if you have over 3 in a row - stop trading have 30 or 60 mins off

But - as you will find out later - I can have 3 or 4 losses in a row some really bad periods - but they might only be minus 2 or minus 4 - B/E or minus 2 - so even 4 losses for me can still be under 10 pips - easy to get back with 1 or 2 good scalps

Thats why tight stops are key

If you are wrong get out ASAP - you will end up being wrong but because your entry is so good - you still get out plus 1 or just B/E -its all possible as your skills improve etc etc

Also this week I expect you to have the odd winner over 10 pips - in fact you might have a few - so what should happen if you can keep over 65% win rate - ( we will get it over 75%) then with a few larger wins - suddenly everything changes and you win days might be 15 or 20 pips rather than 4 or 7 pips.

The key is doing a minimum 10 trades ( although if you have just 7 or 8 great winners in a row - just stop) and able to take up to 25 if need be to out trump any losses of say 6 or 8 small losses.

Hopefully your losses stay under 4 pips and you wins start to average over 7 pips and then the odd 15 or 20 pip winner is cream on the cake etc

More to follow later

Regards#

F

Attachments

• UCad - 310815 PM.png
    UCad - 310815 PM.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 835
Cheers Geo, all corrected now. Must be dislexic or something.

No probs sun... have updated my previous previous post...;)

Btw, have you thought about limiting in an out of trades? (looks like youre using market orders) Could have a very + effect on your PnL.

198098d1441026786-my-journal-pathways-improvement-st1.png

Is that column 4th from the right commission? You pay spread on top of that?

limiting in an out of trades means? Please elaborate.

Yes 4th column is the commission & I also pay spread which is low.

Last edited: