My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

(y)

We will be fine tuning next week

ie trying to keep losses under minus 5 pips and average wins over 8 pips

You will get there - step by step and then we can move on to ways to help and assist the most

Regards

F

Morning F & thank you. I really need assistance.
I want to clear few things, which is happening now with the current setup.
I have noticed that, i only make 5+ pips during the high volatile time. Why I don't make more than 3+ in other time, I can explain here with a simple picture.

Example taken from last hour EJ:
false move.png

Faster LR shows cross over early with the PA. But slower 2 LR shows that signal very late. Fast LR shows lots of false signal. Then what is your recommendation?

I got one idea, please let me know, that it is right or not. I find best entries are happens when larger LR shows a cross over with a squeezing figure.

Take following example where I made 8 pips.
EJ.png

Regards

I have noticed that, i only make 5+ pips during the high volatile time. Why I don't make more than 3+ in other time, I can explain here with a simple picture.

View attachment 198804

Faster LR shows cross over early with the PA. But slower 2 LR shows that signal very late. Fast LR shows lots of false signal. Then what is your recommendation?

I got one idea, please let me know, that it is right or not. I find best entries are happens when larger LR shows a cross over with a squeezing figure.

View attachment 198810

Regards

Morning Sun

Let me read this again and i will come back to you in next 10 mins or so

No problem

Regards

View attachment 198804

View attachment 198810

Regards

Ok

read your comment a few times and think I am with you

Ideally you only take the scalps that all line up well with KT's in aTW

Just a quick cross on 2 quick LR in isolation is not enough on its own

That's why as you progress with 4 + Lrs you will be able to cherry pick better moves and ignore many

For example just on one pair you could in say 5 hrs take 30 scalps - ie 6 an hr

But half of them would be a waste of time - ie minus 3 pips or winners of 1 to 3 pips

Instead if you get 6 KT's a n hour normally only 1 or 2 will be good per pair

so please dont chase every scalp - but this cherry picking will become second nature as you get more experienced reading both PA and LR structure at the coalface and within the noise.

I have had several scalps this morning over 15 pips - - mainly EJ and GU - but some mornings I would struggle to get 5 pips in similar time period

You will understand this more as you progress

Meanwhile - yes please do wait until you are happy that you are seeing a nice multi cross over at extremes of interim highs and lows etc

Step by step - and even if you only take 12 trades - dont worry if you have afew good ones over 8 or 10 pips etc - just make sure you exit entries asap if they go against you

Hope this helps

Around most of day - but off to walk basil the dog next

Have a good day

Regards

F

Thank you..
Now it cleared my confusion....

Today we have NFP. I scare most. So don't want to stay round it. Want to fill up my quota before or after it.

out for lunch.
Good day you too..

Thank you..
Now it cleared my confusion....

Today we have NFP. I scare most. So don't want to stay round it. Want to fill up my quota before or after it.

out for lunch.
Good day you too..

I had seen the red news events over UK lunchtime - but had actually forgotten its NFP and Freaky Friday

Normally its fine up to around midday - 1 pm UK time but then unless wanting to tackle NFP release it better to leave alone and come back after 2 30 pm or later - which I appreciate is later on in the day for you

I could have stopped at just after 7 00 am this morning because made my daily target - but would not do - you can never stop learning on the trading journey - but all you do is make sure you safe guard say 75% of your profits and play with a small proportion of it - too hopefully gain more

Take care and enjoy your Lunchtime in a relaxed mode (y)

F

Day 22

No.of Trades: 30
P/L = 6.6
Highest Win: 8.9
Highest loss: 4.0
Win Rate: 65%

From next week, i will try cherry pick better trades. Actually what happens is, suppose everything line up, I enter trade & it goes against -3 or -4. I close the trade. Re enter same things happens again. So in short it required lots of trial before getting a better trades.

But will keep practicing. ;)

Attachments

• ST 1.png
    ST 1.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 91
  • ST 2.png
    ST 2.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 87
  • ST 3.png
    ST 3.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 98
Teacher's Day

Hi F,
Tomorrow it's teachers day in my country.

So want to wish you happy teacher's day in advance. (y)

teachers-day-13a.jpg

See you on Monday...
Enjoy your weekend..

Regards

Last edited:
Hi F,
Tomorrow it's teachers day in my country.

So want to wish you happy teacher's day in advance. (y)

teachers-day-13a.jpg

See you on Monday...
Enjoy your weekend..

Regards

have a great weekend yourself Sun ..........(y)

N

Thank you Sun - and again well done you are making progress every week and that takes some doing

Enjoy your weekend too and see you next week

regards

F

Day 23

Day ended very fast...

No.of Trades: 31
P/L = 13
Highest Win: 4.5
Highest loss: 4.9
Win Rate: 67%

Its bit of over trade in 2 hours...I filled up my quota. But positive ending.

Today I need to provide some time for research with my dynamic S/R levels.
Also will be playing with kites.

Good day...

Attachments

• ST 2.png
    ST 2.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 86
  • ST 3.png
    ST 3.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 93
  • ST1.png
    ST1.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 91
Day ended very fast...

Good day...

Excellent Sun

WD and a good start to your trading week

Will post some more tips etc later today and ideas etc for what you need to be looking out for next in stage 2

(y)

Regards

F

Day ended very fast...

Good day...

Nice trading sun11.

Can I ask you - what is your spread/commission on EURUSD?

Hi George,

Thanks, its $4 per lot on EURUSD, FXTM. Spread around 0.3-0.7.

Ok so the commission equates to an equivalent 0.5 pips = thus your effective spread is 0.8-1.2 pips incl the commission?

I find it amazing how you (and the other posters on this thread such as Forexmospherian or MM) are able to trade profitably when having losses of a few pips and gains of a few pips, with the odd bigger win thrown in. I just can't fathom how that's possible because it requires one to be really hot with getting the direction right, unless I am missing something.

But then, you guys are actually doing it. Respect :clap:

Ok so the commission equates to an equivalent 0.5 pips = thus your effective spread is 0.8-1.2 pips incl the commission?

I find it amazing how you (and the other posters on this thread such as Forexmospherian or MM) are able to trade profitably when having losses of a few pips and gains of a few pips, with the odd bigger win thrown in. I just can't fathom how that's possible because it requires one to be really hot with getting the direction right, unless I am missing something.

Hi og

Yes Sun is doing very good on just stage 2 of approx 5 stages - maybe 6 if we count a total recap and rinse & repeat stage.

I will try and explain the reason

1. You need a method that can offer over 30+ trades in a day over a minimum 4 hrs plus. Therefore it as to be short term intraday trading.

2. If you live in the far West or far East of the World than its going to be more difficult than in Europe and 3 hrs away from GMT - simply because the busiest FX session is from 6 am UK time to 6 pm .

3. You must start the session as near to 6 00 am as possible - preferably - if you start 7 or 8 am - no problem but after 10 am you have missed the most important first part. If you do well in the first part of the day - you not do anymore after 2 pm

4. For example today - Sun has finished in approx 2 hrs after a busy AM session. She has done a lot of scalps because it important whilst she is learning timing and working with tight stops . The more scalps she takes in first 2 months of the training - the more she will learn

5. Normally after she has completed the whole course - ie 4 to 8 months approx - then if for example her target is 25 or 30 pips a day and she completes it on say 7 trades - she can finish.

6. However - as you know og - not every day is the same - some are easy - some are Ok and some are real bar stewards etc. So some days she might have to take 20+ trades to make her target due to having say 4 or even 7 bad scalp losses of ideally all under 5 pips.

7. The next key is a win ratio of over 65% - ideally good scalpers can maintain 70 to 85% on batches of 100 trades.

8 Therefore if she had 7 random losses in her trading morning - ideally she needs then 20 + winners to balance out - ideally over 3+ pips.

9. As she improves and takes on more LR's with more knowledge and experience - she will end up getting a few winning scalps over 10 and 15 pips. In fact by stage 4 she should get at least one over 15 pips every day.

10 Suddenly this all then tips the equation and the results ideally we will look for will be 15 to 20 trades - less than 4 losing at 5 pips - ie minus 20 and the say 13 winning trades averaging over 7 pips net - equals 91 - minus 20 - so 70 pip day

11. It took Major M over 6 /7 months to get there and he was dedicated and really excellent studious trader. I am sure some traders might take only 5 months and others might need 9 + months - we are all different and depends on your trading history and mindset.

12. The cream on the cake is then partial stakes with stops left in profit. Last year I had a few make over 300 + pips and 1 trade make over 1000 pips over several months - all of a 5 pip stop.

13. A trader need to be totally disciplined with a clear mindset and in control. If they can maintain that - they will then carry on improving every year

Hope that helps og and also for Sun as well

Good Trading

Regards

F

hey George..........it is possible ........day on day out

I also used to show my performance regularly here at T2win (to prove what can be done) - eg :-

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1641.html#post2533242

around 85% that afternoon session .........and 100% here later in day

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1641.html#post2533270

and so on and on next day

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1641.html#post2533920

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1641.html#post2533938

and next day

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1641.html#post2534390

.........as F says achieving above 70% should do the trick

but you can probably see from some of the other new threads and recent members comments at T2win , F MM and myself seem to attracted a lot of resentful and negative/sarcastic followers as well...so we are trying to keep our heads down more these days and just get on with the business of trading......and I don't post results anymore due to the abuse I got from these posts earlier in the year as people disbelieved them (sadly)

it is possible as long as you find your edge and apply it with discipline and focus 100% of the time :smart:

N

Last edited:
Day ended very fast...

Good day...

Hi Sun

Yes dynamic S & R areas are important and I welcome you using my basic method along with others - such as Harmonics / Pitchforks / EW / Ichimoku etc etc

The main criteria though which has served me well over the last 5 + years is the discipline of having tight stops.

You will find as you progress you will know within a minute or so of entry if its a scalp that might work or if it going 2 + pips against you - just exit asap.

You can always enter again

In fact if you can keep stops really tight on entry - when you become a really good scalper - you can still get it wrong twice or 3 times and still lose less than 7 pips - which after all is better than a fixed 10 pips stop in stone.

In fact of bigger movers like GU / EJ / EA - you might need 5 or 7 pips for a start but within 500 scalps on each pair - you will know withing 3 -4 pips if its going to work

Also remember - many who use a 8 or 10 or even 15 pip stop - get stopped out by 1 or 2 pips - and then it goes the way they want. By keeping discipline and stops ultra tight then instead of losing 10 or 15 pips - you might nail it in 2 entries with a few mins in between and only need 7 pips in total for it to then work for you.

So far your discipline on stops has been excellent - well done

Also I reckon its noticeable that you are starting to read Price better in the "noise" - never worry thinking you need to be 100% correct - anything over 70% is enough on 15 -20 + trades a day

GL tomorrow

Regards

F

Morning F,

Thank you.
Yes you are right bigger movers really need bigger SL like 5-7 pips. But I don't trade them now...May be in later stage. I'm happy with 6 pairs currently. EJ included.

Currently I use both dynamic & horizontal S/R to gauge that how far I should hold a trade before it get collapsed along with LR confirmation. (important)

Still my entry/ exits being pathetic sometimes. But practice will help me out...also practice will help me to stay in control. For example, previously i had a habit to enter trade when market is too high or too low....Now i control myself entering in to such trades. This kind of trade are always failure with 3-5 pips stops. Cause when market moves too high or too low. It had to correct. When it corrects I will surely get loss under such condition.

I have serious problem with keeping patience...which is bad i know. But step by step process will help me out. In last 1.5+ years, i have recover from many of trading faults. Just last one beast is left. Hope in this journey, i will kill it too.

Regards

NVP you are the Knights of Currencies. (y)(y)
Hope this will shut some dissers mouth. :cheesy: