my journal 3

Doing more research and buying more medecines:
http://membership.uhms.org/?page=ISSHL
Background
Idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss is classically defined as a hearing loss of at least 30 dB occurring within three days over at least three contiguous frequencies. The most common clinical presentation involves an individual experiencing a sudden unilateral hearing loss, tinnitus, a sensation of aural fullness and vertigo. The incidence is estimated at 5 to 20 cases per 100,000 annually in the United States. However, the incidence may be higher, as many cases are likely unreported. Additionally, it has been estimated that as many as 65% of cases may resolve spontaneously.
I hope to be in that 65%.
Clinical management
Patients who present with ISSHL should undergo a complete evaluation by an otolaryngologist and audiologist, inclusive of appropriate audiological and imaging studies, to determine the degree and potential etiology of disease. Patients determined to have ISSHL and meet the selection criteria may benefit from HBO2. The recommended treatment profile consists of 100% O2 at 2.0 to 2.5 atmospheres absolute for 90 minutes daily for 10 to 20 treatments. The 2.4 ATA treatment pressure is probably most practical, especially for facilities with multiplace chamber operations. Patients
with no known contraindications to steroid therapy should also be treated concomitantly with oral corticosteroids. Continued consultation and follow-up with an otolaryngologist is recommended.

Last edited:
For a while I was investigating time travel, because it might be quicker to travel back 15 days (I am not asking for much time), and cure my cough. Then I probably would not have had this hearing loss.

This is bothering me so much. Why can I use "undo" in all my programs, and I can't use "undo" for my health?

Why can't I do a system restore for my body? What on earth is wrong with our progress? Why can't we achieve a simple thing like that?

Anyway, given our underdevelopment, I've been investigating on the "possible" cures, here:
which talks about a "IDIOPATHIC SUDDEN SENSORINEURAL HEARING LOSS", cured quickly with steroids, before the inflammation can kill the hearing nerves (still in time by a few days)

and here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...loss-When-simple-chill-ruin-hearing-good.html
which talks about "sensorineural hearing loss" and again about a cure with steroids.

Damn.

I've spoken to the previous doctor, via email, because now I am in Rome. I hope I am doing the same thing, although I don't see any steroids among the medicines, but cortisone:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisone
Cortisone (/ˈkɔrtɨsoʊn/ or /ˈkɔrtɨzoʊn/; 17-hydroxy-11-dehydrocorticosterone) is a 21-carbon steroid hormone. It is one of the main hormones released by the adrenal gland in response to stress.
Which indeed seems to be a steroid as well.

Ok, then, the doctor brought me bad news with his percentage of cure success rate, but he might have been right. I don't think it is fluid, mucus in the middle ear or whatever the right terms are, because I have had none of that for days. This was the problem 10 years ago, and it went away after a few days. I got that problem from swimming, and probably my ears weren't clean, and I was swimming in cold water. But this time it seems to be different - worse.

At the same time, I do hope it is the same as 10 years ago, but there is no pain in the ear, which I remember feeling 10 years ago. I feel nothing wrong with my ear, and that is why it is very wrong probably.

After reading other links last night I tried swallowing and yawning, for hours:
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/otitis-media/Pages/Introduction.aspx
I am not a doctor but I will write my personal experience for anybody who could get some help out of it.
a week or so before my ear was blocked. and my gp told me that wait for 2 to 3 weeks. I was in great trouble with fullness of ears, and hearing loss.....then i checked all the advice on internet......looked like I will never become the person before with full hearing ability.....
doctor told me to get steam, and someone told me that yawning and hard swallowing will help....then I starting taking steam ...no progress...
finally, i laid down straight , head tilted towards earth.....and tried swallowing hard, and yawning ....I also used olive oil to massage the outer parts of ear and then around the neck , behind the ear...all area........
you recite something in the time of going to bed ....and try to get yawn....yawn and yawn....then swallow then yawn...and a little massage.....
suddenly my ears opened....and I was relieved in one day...no more wait.
I had mucus problem..so i started warm water to drink frequently ....now my mucus in my throat is finished....so i feel better for my ears....hope it will help someone.
thanks for reading. .
They said they were desperate and it took them one day to recover. So I tried the same, doing it for hours, but I didn't find any noticeable improvement today. Of course i'll try it again, because this thing doesn't have side effects.

Also, if it's the "sensorineural hearing loss", and I don't cure it immediately, then I am screwed. If it's not that one, I won't hurt myself curing something I don't have. And the other thing will go away even without curing it. Although I am doing everything to make sure I don't have fluid in my hearing channels or whatever they are called.

The only way I know the medicines are working is that I have a permanent stomachache from taking them. So they're not placebo for sure.

Last edited:
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

I am now looking into "Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy", but here doctors are very frustrating. If you don't pay them, they don't see for months, although in theory there should be free health service here in Italy. If you pay them, they still treat you pretty poorly, and dismiss you pretty quickly from their office.

So internet is definitely an option, but in just a few days it is hard to solve a problem, which needs quick solving, because it seems that I have this "IDIOPATHIC SUDDEN SENSORINEURAL HEARING LOSS":

And if it doesn't get cured quickly, the hearing loss is permanent.

Now, "hyperbaric oxygen therapy" here is not as easy as it might be in the US, where you go in, pay, and get it done. Here it is still a mix of public and private hospitals, so sometimes even if you are willing to pay, they still give you a very hard time. On top of it, here in Rome in particular, everything is totally disorganized. People don't answer phones, and similar.

So basically, I tried something which is the closest thing to it: oxygen therapy with an oxygen tank. It's not the same thing, but better than nothing and it cannot hurt me.

I went with a friend and we got an oxygent tank from a pharmacy, very cheap by the way, so it was definitely worth doing. Of course, they wanted a prescription, but that's why I went with my friend who's a smooth-talker and knew the doctor as well.

Tomorrow I'll still try to get an appointment for "hyperbaric oxygen therapy", but I know it's going to be hard. And the doctor from the island, who heads one of these centers, and didn't even mention it to me as an option (pretty sad), hasn't even replied to my second email. I am not even disappointed because here in Italy all this is totally normal, and in fact I am considered a pain in the ass, not just by the doctor but by my relatives, for writing to him and wanting to investigate my health problem so in depth. They say "you have to trust the doctor". The problem is that there are many doctors saying different things, so which one do I trust, and why should I even trust doctors as a rule, knowing that they disagree with each other?

So here I am, breathing from my self-prescribed oxygen tank.

Last edited:
After several hours of breathing oxygen, I am feeling better, whether it's a placebo effect or not. Many problems are still left:
1) I am unable to fall asleep, despite praying even (I thought I was atheist until recently)
2) I have to go to work tomorrow, but I might skip if I don't sleep enough
3) I am feeling the side effects from that cortisone (steroids) therapy I've been on for a few days: one of many is a permanent stomachache and other uncomfortable feelings

The markets are doing great as far as my positions, and hopefully tomorrow I will find a level where to enter either JPY or NG, or both. JPY is 1000 dollars higher relative to where I exited, and Natural Gas is 1800 dollars higher. Whichever looks better tomorrow, I'll enter it.

If I can back into all of my original positions, I'll be able to forget about my hearing problems.

Last edited:
Damn.

Instead of getting into NG and JPY last Friday, I re-entered my GBL and CL positions, which are the ones that are making me lose money now.

So I don't have the margin to enter NG and JPY, which if entered on Friday, would have already shown me a profit of 2000 dollars.

This is really bad. On top of this, I am having to battle against these Italian doctors. Office postponed for another week, at least.

Suicide still not planned, but getting closer to it.

Last edited:
I am totally screwed.

The doctor from the island still hasn't answered my questions, so I am just as disappointed by him as by all doctors here in Italy. Although some of the things he told me and gave me are probably useful. But now I am in Rome and I am on my own.

Another problem is that JPY and NG just keep on rising and I am afraid by the time my account has grown further, and I'll have enough margin for them, I won't be able to catch them at the level I sold them.

This happened because GBL and CL were closer to where I had closed them, seemed a "better deal", and I decided to go for them instead (last Friday). But it is precisely those that were getting away from me to be the best deal. In other words, as often happens in trading, the most convenient thing to do is the most counter-intuitive, which is: buy high sell higher, rather than buy low sell high.

I don't know where and if I'll ever catch those two guys, JPY and NG. Especially I fear for JPY.

Last edited:
Hello, still alive.

Still regretting I can't fix my body as I can fix my computer, with "undo" and "system restore". All my organization and orderliness didn't help much with my medical issues.

Or rather, now I know another thing: don't neglect a cough, because it can lead to a loss of hearing. I've heard of people losing their sense of smell after a cold, my aunt.

The problem with our health unlike our computer is that we cannot undo things, at least with the present science, or at least with the present science I know of.

So we have to prevent, because we can't fix. And most of all, we cannot buy a new computer.

We must not neglect alerts from our body, such as sneezing, coughing, a cold, fatigue, even yawning. If you're yawning, go to sleep. If you're tired, go to sleep, if you're cold, wear more clothes.

My time of feeling invincible is over. I am not protected by god, I am not invincible, and I am at risk of death and disease like everyone else.

JPY is a bit lower today, maybe it's going to give me another chance to re-enter my old position. NG is still too high.

This video of 6 minutes enables you to save lives, without any legal risk from those you rescue.

100 compressions a minute, between the nipples. "Continuous chest compression" CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation).

Why isn't this taught in school? Why do we waste the first 20 years of our lives learning Latin and Greek and no one is taught these simple things?

First you should be taught the important things, then the bull**** about our... a dead language from 2000 years ago. Instead they crammed it all into my head since the age of 14, while not telling me anything about important health matters, a healthy vegan diet, etcetera.

People, from childhood, are fed crap, are encouraged to smoke, drink coke, eat unhealthy, pretty soon they die of heart attacks... and in the meanwhile at school, at least here in Italy, you're being taught ancient Greek.

Last edited:
Ok, I went and visited the hospital and it seems that I am all set to begin the hyperbaric oxygen treatment therapy tomorrow morning. But in this country you don't get any rights to health, unless you're a politician, or the son of a politician who cares about your health. My father today was telling me about Stalin and Hitler, instead of asking me about my health and exams.

Here you could die while waiting for a test to be returned to you. Bureaucracy and medical bureaucracy here only spare the very rich or the very powerful, or spares you if you have relatives who are doctors and care about your health. My relatives, mostly doctors, only told me: "yeah, don't worry, it will go away".

The ignorant person tells you "see a doctor". And the doctor tells you "don't worry". In this country, you're either Berlusconi or you better not get sick.

Not that I really gave a damn when any of my friends or relatives got sick, so I am really in no position to complain, given that my whole life I've been focused entirely on just my own needs. And that's why I don't have any friends, and the few friends I do have, I pay for their company and help.

Only now I realize how selfish I am.

Only now I realize how immature I am. Until very recently my daily concern was how to comb my eyebrows. Or if the cab driver saluted me properly.

What will I do when the real problems will hit me? I will not be prepared.

As soon as these hyperbaric chamber sessions will be over, whether my hearing will be fixed or not, I will resume focusing about my eyebrows.

When someone in my family will finally get sick, I will probably do nothing, and let the secretary handle it if it's my father, or my father handle it if it's my mother. No wonder now he's not concerned about my hearing. He's trying to... neglect me on purpose. The problem is that my father is the main culprit for my ignoring my cold symptoms. He always said to me "try to go to work even if you're sick". That's the attitude among all my relatives as well. They make you feel like you have to use your holidays to stay home when you are sick. And in fact that is what I have done several times.

Their motto in life is "sacrifice" at all costs, even if unnecessary. "Saving" at all costs, even if counterproductive. Even if in order to keep 30,000 books my parents had to keep a house rented for 3 years, and spent 50k euros, just to keep the books, until eventually the secretary made them understand it was time to give the books away to a library, which was what I had been saying for 3 years. They're really a nice couple of morons.

JPY would be a great opportunity right now (it's 13:12 US CT), but I haven't got the margin. Damn. NG still too high. We'll see tomorrow. Damn, this really sucks. Hopefully at least tomorrow I'll get the hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I can't stand everything going wrong.

Last edited:
Precious document here:

On the movie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Westmar
The film concentrates on the conflict with the Communist Party in Berlin in the late 1920s. When Westmar arrives in Berlin the communists, whose leaders include a stereotypical Jew, are popular, holding large parades through Berlin singing The Internationale. When he looks into the cultural life of Weimar Berlin, he is horrified at the "internationalism" and cultural promiscuity, which includes black jazz music and Jewish nightclub singers. This scene dissolves into images of the German fighting men of World War I and shots of the cemeteries of the German dead.

Westmar decides to help organize the local Nazi party and becomes, through the course of the plot, responsible for their electoral victories, which encourages the Communists to kill him.

On the director:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Wenzler#Konflikt_mit_dem_NS-Regime
1935 fiel Wenzler endgültig in Ungnade. Er bekam keine Regie-Angebote mehr, im September 1936 wurde er aus der Reichsfilmkammer ausgeschlossen wegen, wie es hieß, „erwiesener Unzuverlässigkeit“. Er soll, so der Vorwurf, mit dem zur Verfügung gestellten Geld bei dem NS-Filmprojekt Volk ohne Raum verantwortungslos umgegangen sein.

Daraufhin kehrte Wenzler zum Theater (Wiens Kammerspiele) zurück und blieb bis April 1938 in der österreichischen Hauptstadt ansässig. Franz Wenzlers Antrag, 1941 wieder in die Reichsfilmkammer aufgenommen zu werden, um erneut als Filmregisseur arbeiten zu können, wurde abgelehnt. Wenig später, zum Jahresbeginn 1942, verstarb Wenzler, der inzwischen in Rom ein Exil gefunden hatte, unter ungeklärten Umständen.

Last edited:
All right. I managed to get back into my JPY position, at the cost of closing my GBL short position, which right now looks less convenient. Tomorrow, with the profit from my JPY position, I might be able to open GBL again, and then the only position left to re-open will be NG, which is still far from where I had sold it.

Now it all depends on ZC and precious metals if they'll let me keep the positions I've opened, because in all these months they've never really taken off.

I finished my first session of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. The worst of Italian medical bureaucracy is behind me, although this doesn't guarantee that I'll heal. But at least I've finished this bureaucratic marathon, despite being very discouraged (go here, go there, no, wait we don't have the medicine, you buy it, ok, I buy it, but then the pharmacy ran out of it, ok, then let's postpone the injection till tomorrow... but it's urgent... don't worry we're experienced -- we've made 2000 of them, now go back in line get this other paper approved... then come back... but then I don't find the people there anymore...).

It makes me feel like moving to Germany, but then again Hitler might have wanted to put me to death, given my hearing problems. I have mixed feelings about Adolf. On the one hand he was for order and efficiency, which I am, too, but on the other hand, you better not get sick, or he might want to put you to sleep.

Something tells me that the markets this time will go my way, because it is statistically improbable that all things go against me for so long. Everything has been going wrong for the last six months.

No, wait, at work everything was fine. That's why I should have expected this hearing problem coming. Everything was going great at work. I should have never travelled to the island with everything else going so well. It was an ambush by destiny, in a place where I always get sick, because, being so warm, people save on heating and in those poorly heated houses you get sick, and then, like in my case, you don't always heal perfectly. For example, my aunt lost her sense of smell after a cold. This probably happens to us as we get older. I don't know of many young people losing their hearing or sense of smell after a cold/cough like we did.

I guess this will be the only advantage of being old. It's ok to be a little ****ed up if you are old. It's ok to stay home. And it's ok to take it easy. That's what I'll do.

Last edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_of_God
Ángele Dei,
qui custos es mei,
me, tibi commissum pietáte supérna,
hodie illúmina, custódi,
rege et gubérna.
Amen.

Ehm, I am atheist, but in times of despair such as these, praying is tempting. Just like doing drugs.

Or turning to nazism as a guiding light. Which, as I said, would put me to death, because of my hearing problems.

Although there might be exceptions for the leaders, so maybe I should still give it a try.

Or... speaking of nazism, I should maybe move to Israel, or apply, because I heard that hospitals there are very efficient. Becoming a jew or nazi would be the ideal choice for me, but anything is better than being an Italian living in Italy.

Tomorrow I have 2 more sessions of hyperbaric oxygen therapy and a disgusting shot of cortisone in my eardrum, which might deafen me completely and i am really wondering whether I should let them do it, considering today they asked me to go buy the medicine for them. They said they're experienced but they took an hour to find out if they had the medicine. I am really thinking of not going tomorrow. These mother ****ers are not worthy of being called doctors. Don't get sick in Italy.

But I'll say more: don't even come on vacation in this **** hole country. Go to Norway instead, or at the most go to South Tyrol, which is the only good part of Italy.

Tell you what: I am not going to get the shot tomorrow. Screw these mother ****ers. I don't trust them. I'll bring them their medicine for the next patient, but I won't let them inject me anything.

Or maybe I'll go. Depending on my mood tomorrow. And right now I am pissed off. It sucks to be forced to make this choice (getting my eardrum injected with cortisone by a nurse who asked to buy her the medicine) in a crappy hospital as this one, the biggest in Rome -- and my father was a powerful politician until recently -- not that he helped me much at all. But imagine what it's like for a regular citizen: at least as bad as my experience.

I don't know. I don't want to risk having my hyperbaric oxygen sessions interrupted because I have been uncooperative. At the same time, it might help. But it also might destroy my ear.

Especially if let's say, on top of not having the medicines, they don't have the right needle and instead of buying new needles, they use the wrong needle to save money.

Do I really want to be in the hands of these butchers...?

The alternative is to keep taking cortisone via pills, which according to them is not as effective, and, according to the previous asshole doctor, I've been scaling down on it.

But one thing is to trust an asshole doctor with pills, and another thing is to let them stick a needle in my eardrum.

I'll see how I wake up tomorrow. Depending on how it goes, they'll have to come and get me physically, because these two places are far apart, and I will leave the medicines for the nurse, but I am really unsure whether I'll go back to... get injected.

Also, if miraculously tomorrow morning I wake and have recovered even part of my hearing, then screw them all, including the hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which I'll continue doing, but I'll risk interrupting.

This is the problem with health here in Italy: you're their prisoner because, with all the lines, they're not obliged to grant you any rights. They can always say: hey, you're being rude to us and there's a long line, get back in line, wait 2 months, and bring us this long list of documents which we hadn't asked you, because we were nice.

Yeah, indeed, on the phone they asked me for some x-rays and another thing, but once I got there, the list was 3 times as long, and there was a nazi nurse who was thinking of requiring all those documents, but today luckily she wasn't there, so I got away with just what I had brought.

But, you see, at any time, they have the power and the habit of giving you a hard time. So you have to be kissing up all the time to these people, even though they're being paid by you through your taxes. And even those you're paying extra money on top of your taxes, you still have to kiss up to them, because we Italians are so used to this crap, that no one dares to stand up.

Then of course with such a crappy government and public services, no one feels like they have the duty to pay taxes if they can get away with it. In Italy the rule is that there are no rules, no social cohesion, no sense of a nation, no sense of duty, no sense of state. And that's why they elected a crook like Berlusconi. Because being a crook is not that uncommon here, and the voters can't even tell the difference between a crook and an honest person - because a lot of them do not know what honesty is.

Last edited:
My medical nightmare continues but the worst part should be over. I am done with all bureaucracy, or at least 95% (unless something goes wrong medically, and then I am stuck for life).

I survived the injection in the eardrum. They want to do 2 more. That's really really bad.

Hearing hasn't improved for sure (probably it got worse a little, I'll ask her if I should worry), but I'll let them do more injections, since they consider them so miraculous.

Now I have another 17 hyperbaric oxygen sessions to do most likely. Most likely I will miss another 2 weeks at the office, which is the only good part of all this.

My JPY position got closed for lack of margin, which really sucks, because now JPY is higher relative to where they closed it.

This happened because none of my positions is making any progress. Gold, silver, corn, oil have all been losing at once, so obviously the guys at IB had to close my JPY positions, which was not set as "liquidate last".

Gold and silver still have not delivered that huge rise that we've been expecting for months and year.

The mother is talking to her child, and I missed it when it bothered me. I wish it bothered me now. It doesn't bother me as much unfortunately, because I can hear them less. Damn!

Never underestimate a cold or a cough again. Take all the medicines you can to stop yourself from being sick, because an inflammation could cause you to lose your senses. Also, don't play tough and go naked in ice water or similar, or swim in the ocean in winter. Don't do stuff like this. It's not worth it.

This injection in my eardrum. I am wondering about it.

I wrote myself notes all over with notepad.

They say it's effective, even after so many days (they made me delay it by not having the medicine) since the inflammation (by now it's almost 2 weeks).

They say, even if you don't recover everything, you recover some. Oh, well...

...I can blame many, but first of all myself:

1) I thought I was invincible, just like in trading, and didn't listen to the margin calls my body was sending me: a lot of coughing, for years and year, until it finally hurt me.

2) I didn't dress warm, when it could have been done so easily

3) I didn't get rid of the cold/cough or whatever I had, although there are effective methods for cough, such as inhaling vapor and drinking warm steamy liquids.

4) Ultimately, I didn't act and buried my head in the sand, as I always do with medical matters. Hoping they'll go away. Because ultimately I don't think doctors can help me much but instead worsen the problems. But I am wrong. But I am also right. Doctors can help you, but the good doctors here in Italy are maybe 1%. So you might be better off looking on the internet, like I do, when I am desperate (better if you do it early), than just going to a regular doctor. That's as far as being here in Italy.

more thoughts to come

I was just eating my seeds right now. Maybe I lost my sense of hearing because I wasn't eating seeds on the island. That's when I got really sick and that's the only moment when I wasn't eating seeds (I'm talking about a bunch of different seeds: hemp seeds, sesame seeds, flaxseeds, sunseeds, walnuts, bitter almond, brazilnuts, pumpkin seeds, pistachio nuts). Of course this could also be a logical fallacy.

Last edited:
Yep, back from my fifth hyperbaric oxygen session.

Hearing not back yet, maybe never will.

Of course, I'll get used it. It's either that, or suicide. Either suicide, or you get used to whatever problem you've got that you can't change.

I think I am still ruling suicide out, so if it doesn't come back, which I have serious doubts that it will, I will sooner or later accept the new myself, who can't hear very well "s" noises, hiss, rustle, leaves moving... this type of stuff, and probably other things I've lost as well. Yeah, I think I lost about 10% of my hearing ability overall. Just because I neglected my cough, and at the island I spent days in a cold and humid house.

Of course then I also ignored my hearing problem for another ten days, and then ear doctor didn't rush me to a hyperbaric oxygen therapy either. So the list of mistakes and guilty people is a long one.

Miraculously I can still hear my fan in my computer. Now any noise I can hear is a celebration for me, even if it bothered me until recently, to the point of banging on the wall we share: from now on, I won't complain with the neighbor little idiot any more for his restless noise. It'll be a pleasure to hear him. It'll be sad not to hear him, because that'd be precisely my health problem, since he's making noise.

And let me tell you: from now on for sure I won't go to the loud movie theaters, nor play TV loudly, nor be near anyone who talks loudly. I have to preserve whatever I've got left.

But whether this therapy will return my hearing or not, let's not forget to mention that it seems miraculous. I'm not feeling any more pain in my back when I get up in the morning. Another one of those problems I was ignoring and postponing until it was too late.

It seems miraculous for my back, for my running and for my breath. I am never out of breath, I can run very fast without effort. I'll see if anything else good comes out of this. The hearing still sucks, hard not to mention this over and over again.

Another lady today told me it's really good for your skin, gums and teeth, and that her daughter who's been doing it for 24 years due to eye problems - she has "Retinitis pigmentosa" (I saw many people in the chamber for this disease) - her daughter still has great skin first of all, and also a milk tooth (or "baby tooth"), because she started doing it at 13. Now she's 37.

As I said already, I feel quite and I don't think it's a placebo effect. On the other hand, I feel like I am on drugs as well, over-excited, over-energetic. And I can't sleep very well either.

Of course, I would have much rather preferred to not get into all of this, and to have spent at work the last 30 days, where I would have been bored but not sick. Travelling is bad, and travelling to the island in winter is even worse, because you spend time in humid and poorly heated houses. Should the maid die before next winter, I won't spend another winter in that unhealthy place.

In my life, I always got away with everything, but this time I didn't get away. And I got screwed with a simple cough. This is no laughing matter. Somebody up there doesn't care about me. I am not blessed by the gods. I am totally ignored at best. I thought I was lucky and everything would be fine for me. It's time to open my eyes.

My guardian angel doesn't exist and if he does, he's not alert.

When you're down and troubled
And you need some love and care
And nothing, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running
To see you again
Winter, spring, summer, or fall
All you have to do is call...
Yeah, nice friend. My guardian angel instead is invisible, doesn't run, nor fly, and most of us Italians still pray to him. James Taylor is more likely to knock on my door, than my invisible guardian angel.

Last edited:
Not in the mood to read Hitler anymore.

I feel like counting the views on my journals:

Snap2.jpg

They're the only thing going up right now in my life.

513,018 views in total

... I thought... I thought these problems, health, financial... so many problems, hurricanes, earthquakes... I thought they would keep hitting everyone but me. Instead they came my way, although I was hiding, but not: because I wasn't hiding at home as I should have but had traveled to the island and was caught off guard by meteorology.

Never again. I will not travel ever again. Only trouble awaits me.

Now hopefully I'll be a good boy, stay home, and at least the markets will bring me something. All I need is the markets, because you could live your entire life at home, sheltered, if you just could be profitable from the markets.

Come on, it's about time: I need gold, silver, corn, oil, gbl... to finally wake up and go where I've been expecting them to go for almost a year.

I need NG and JPY to do so, too, but not before I can manage to get back into those two positions.

Last edited:
Woke up again, for another unpleasant day.

Tinnitus in my ear still present as in previous days.

Will now have to go to buy some medicines and later some oxygen tanks.

Other than this, everything is fine.

One more reminder to everyone:

1) don't ignore a hard cough, because it could cause you to lose your hearing
2) appreciate fully the advantages of using cortisone in simple pills, to always have on hand, to reduce swelling in your tissues next to critical areas that could jeopardize any of your senses: hearing, seeing, sense of smell and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisone#Effects_and_uses
Cortisone, a glucocorticoid, and adrenaline are the main hormones released by the body as a reaction to stress. They elevate blood pressure and prepare the body for a fight or flight response.
A cortisone injection can also be used to give short-term pain relief and reduce the swelling from inflammation of a joint, tendon, or bursa in, for example, the joints of the knee, elbow, and shoulder.[1]
Cortisone may also be used to deliberately suppress immune response in persons with autoimmune diseases or following an organ transplant to prevent transplant rejection.[citation needed] The suppression of the immune system may also be important in the treatment of inflammatory conditions.[5]
Cortisone is a common treatment for a severe sore throat that occurs commonly with EBV infectious mononucleosis. Cortisone does not decrease the duration of the viral infection, but is used purely to increase the comfort of a patient with trouble speaking or swallowing as a result of the mononucleosis-induced swollen throat...

Another quick piece of advice for life in general: marry a doctor, just in case.

Last edited:
on the three editors of Mein Kampf

resuming from #3795:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/140032-my-journal-3-post2255290.html

page 87:
Considerable editorial advice and even pruning on the part of at least three
helpers could not prevent Hitler from meandering from one subject to another
in Mein Kampf. Rudolf Hess, who took most of the dictation first at Landsberg
prison and later at Haus Wachenfeld near Berchtesgaden, did his best to tidy
up the manuscript, but he was no man to stand up to the Leader.

More successful in this respect was Father Bernhard Stempfle, a former member of the
Hieronymite order and an anti-Semitic journalist of some notoriety in Bavaria.
This strange priest, of whom more will be heard in this history, corrected some
of Hitler’s bad grammar, straightened out what prose he could and crossed out
a few passages which he convinced the author were politically objectionable.

The third adviser was Josef Czerny, of Czech origin, who worked on the Nazi
newspaper, Voelkischer Beobachter, and whose anti-Jewish poetry endeared him
to Hitler. Czerny was instrumental in revising the first volume of Mein Kampf
for its second printing, in which certain embarrassing words and sentences were
eliminated or changed; and he went over carefully the proofs of Volume Two.

Nevertheless, most of the meanderings remained. Hitler insisted on airing
his thoughts at random on almost every conceivable subject, including culture,
education, the theater, the movies, the comics, art, literature, history, sex,
marriage, prostitution and syphilis. Indeed, on the subject of syphilis, Hitler
devotes ten turgid pages, declaring it is ”the task of the nation – not just one
more task,” to eradicate it. To combat this dread disease Hitler demands
that all the propaganda resources of the nation be mobilized. ”Everything,” he
says, ”depends on the solution of this question.” The problem of syphilis and
prostitution must also be attacked, he states, by facilitating earlier marriages,
and he gives a foretaste of the eugenics of the Third Reich by insisting that
”marriage cannot be an end in itself, but must serve the one higher goal: the
increase and preservation of the species and the race. This alone is its meaning
and its task.”109

Very very interesting, it sounds like my journal: "Hitler insisted on airing his thoughts at random on almost every conceivable subject". I am going to have to read Mein Kampf, sooner or later. Although it is over 700 pages long.

Last edited:
resuming from #3818

page 92, on why Hitler was so successful:
That one day he would build
it and rule it he had no doubts whatsoever, for he was possessed of that burning
sense of mission peculiar to so many geniuses who have sprouted, seemingly,
from nowhere and from nothing throughout the ages. He would unify a chosen
people who had never before been politically one. He would purify their race.
He would make them strong. He would make them lords of the earth.

A crude Darwinism? A sadistic fancy? An irresponsible egoism? A megalomania?
It was all of these in part. But it was something more. For the mind
and the passion of Hitler – all the aberrations that possessed his feverish brain
– had roots that lay deep in German experience and thought. Nazism and the
Third Reich, in fact, were but a logical continuation of German history.

This is not some German neo-nazi theorist writing this on Hitler, but Shirer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_L._Shirer
William Lawrence Shirer (February 23, 1904 – December 28, 1993) was an American journalist, war correspondent, and historian, who wrote The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, a history of Nazi Germany that has been read by many and cited in scholarly works for more than 50 years.

here's JFK's opinion on Hitler:
http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v18/v18n3p30_Kennedy.html
After Bremen and Bremerhaven, Kennedy and Forrestal flew to Bavaria, where they visited the town of Berchtesgaden and then drove up to Hitler's mountain retreat, which was "completely gutted, the result of an air attack from 12,000 pound bombs by the R.A.F. [British air force] in an attempt on Hitler's life." They then ascended to Hitler's "Eagle's Nest" lair high in the mountains.

Just after this visit, Kennedy wrote a remarkable commentary in his diary, dated August 1, 1945, about Hitler and his place in history:

"After visiting these places, you can easily understand how that within a few years Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived.

"He had boundless ambition for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. He had in him the stuff of which legends are made."

How JFK secretly ADMIRED Hitler: Explosive book reveals former President’s praise for the Nazis as he travelled through Germany before Second World War

Last edited: