MTPredictor

chump

This is a wave based package with a slightly different approach.

I have been considering it's merits because of it's scanning facility amongst other things.

Has anyone on the forum used it , and if so what are their comments regarding it's performance and after sales support.
Developed by a chap called Steve Griffiths . They don't appear to make any claims in the usual hocum fashion.

Cheers

No views ,and that means what exactly. No one bought it presumably. In which case there are two options coming to mind.
1. Go to their offices and see it in practice.
2. Demo period although that is not offered.

Not an option ,buying from the blurb with no supporting external facts.

Did not Steve Griffiths work for Robert Miner of Dynamic Trading fame.

"Your Dynamic Trader Software is a superb piece of work. It is the best trading software program I have ever seen. Any trader who doesn’t utilize this great material can’t be serious. My profit stands at approximately 1,060% for the past three years." Steven Griffiths

Presumably Mr Griffiths then went and developed his software amending the approach that was taken by the DT software into something he felt more reliable.

Anyway this is what I found when following your comment I searched for the Dynamic trader site . That alone puts me off. I really dislike this sort of marketing fluff.

Think I will stick to the grunt work for finding trades.

Cheers

..."Any trader who doesn’t utilize this great material can’t be serious."

(John McEnroe's brother in law perhaps?)

I've seen this site before, (not too impressed), and the thing that tickled me was the name. MT trader.
Kinda says it all for me.

MTPredictor facts

Hi Chump, Mully, Options & others

Paul Gould has very kindly allowed me to to correct some possibly misleading impressions in this MTPredictor thread.
The DT comments were made by our developer Steve Griffiths 12 yrs ago, when he was a Private Trader. They also refer only to specific parts of the material at that time and we have asked that, in fairness, they should be removed from the excellent DT site.
Steve worked for DT 8 yrs after that (2000) but left to form his own trading software company as he had different views on trading & a trader's needs. As a result, MTPredictor has a very different approach to Elliott Wave & different routines for finding specific trade set-ups, evaluating Risk/Reward & trade management.
MTPredictor is established. It was reviewed by the Society of Technical Analysts last yr & has articles awaiting publication with 'The Technical Analyst', 'Stocks & Commodities' & 'Traders World'.

I hope this clarifies matters, and thanks again to Paul for letting us set the record straight!

Tony Beckwith
MTPredictor Ltd.

There was no intention on my part to make any insinuations relating to MTP and there still isn't. I started out looking for a utility tool to make prep work more efficient. The MTP trading coursebook looked sufficiently promising to follow up with a general enquiry on the BB about the software in actual use.

Problem often in this industry is the amount of good faith we as buyers are asked to demonstrate. If we want to buy a piece of furniture we can see it,touch it,sit on it. In other words test it before we decide to buy. It would be nice to see that in more of the products on offer to us as traders. Then maybe we would see less conjecture about the merits of a product that we are interested in and thus less potentially damaging or inaccurate remarks.

Let's be blunt,there are already more than enough opportunities in real trading for us to lose money without having to tiptoe through a minefield of "marketing fluff" getting ripped off by false claims, and this BB (dare I say all 10,000 of us) is testament to the frequency with which that happens.

To clarify my former remarks about "marketing fluff" it was unfortunate that a specific name was found out of context on the DT site,but I retain my view as to my personal dislike of the use of "marketing fluff". Less "fluff" and more hands on testing please.

Tony,demo period , or office visit an option ?

Kind Regards

Hi chump

Thanks for this. To answer your two quetsions:

We operate an unconditional 30 day Money-back guarantee. The reason is that when we used to offer a demo disk/download, many would happily take the program but maybe not invest the time into learning the process. This is not a criticism, as everyone is busy, just an observation.
We found that the 30 day trial, the Daily Report on real trades, the Trading Course and phone support was well regarded by traders.

Also, we are planning a round of seminars after the RT 4.0 launch and have an indication of a software review in one of the US trading magazines.

We also feature/discuss losing trades on the site - very important!

I hope this helps?

Thanks again to Paul and Good Trading!

Tony Beckwith
MTPredictor Ltd.

"We found that the 30 day trial"

Well folks now you really know why I got this name ! LOL

mtpredictor videos

I have only seen the online videos and its RT version looks good. However the only feature I would like is to see what the volume/demand for a forex/stock pair is. However whereas there are may data providers, it is hard to predict which direction and how far at certain times the market will flow. That is why waves and other indictors dont work 100%. MTPredictor does mention risk reward ratio's and show price levels as well as stops. Controling the risks, I would say the software is a good investment. I am currently subscribed to elliot wave Int. for $398. per month and it looks as they can forcast waves 3 pretty good. Considering wave 3 this is the longest wave before a correction and if no major news open up. MTPredictor is about $2200-2400. I am considering getting this RT 4.0 Version would enjoy any feedback on this version for forex traders.

There is a good review on the K.Lab( see top of page )>software page by ivorm.
Seems expensive to me

Last edited:
tradrejoejack said:
Pat494,
Thanks for responding. Where can I find the review from Ivorm? Can't locate it on boards.

Click on K,Lab at the top of the page and then on software on the drop down menu and then find program bottom left

Last edited:
I don' t use MTP predictor because I went a different route .. the darkside boogie scary stuff or what passes for mystical crap in this industry..LOL
However, I bought the manual probably a good couple of years ago .At the time I was probably less able to appreciate it's veracity than I am now (and according to one individual I am still batting zero on that ability , but he's batting the mental institution so his opinion does not count) ..so the meat of this is there are two specific sweet spots to trade and MTP tries to identify them . I do know someone who's credibility stands high with me who assures me they do this very well (and no he is not connected with the company) and if you are wired up equally well you can use their approach to make money.
There you go take it or leave it and this isn't an opinion.

panda said:
Thanks for the reply chump.

Any more for any more ???? :)

Just bought software today. Any good free data feeds to recommend. Trying eoddata.com, having problems with downloads. Any help will be appreciated. :eek: