Motivation to keep going when you thought of quitting - View Link

OpenMind;841464[url=http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda/volume_1/karma-yoga/secret_of_work.htm said:

Good stuff although I must confess that I find the somewhat abridged version promoted by Blair Lewis (-> Swami Rama -> Swami Vivikananda) easier to digest.

YouTube - Will Smith - Running & Reading (The Key to Life)

YouTube - Loic Jean-Albert Wingsuit Flying

What I find interesting about this one is the automatic response of some that it must be "photoshop'd". I guess the 'can't be done' brigade are everywhere. For me I just question why highly motivated, passionate young men and woman would choose to ultimately throw their lives away when they could clearly achieve so much.

Apparently, of the original 75 fliers between '30 and '61, 72 died and that was just straight wingsuit flying. Modern day wingsuit straight wingsuit flying fatalities are rare. However, with proximity flying there is 1 fatality every 2,000 jumps.

Hvaing said all that. I still find the idea more appealing that dying slowly on a peruvian moutainside :)

get the violins out...

He thinks he's got problems. I have had to wait 12 weeks for my new Nissan GTR.

By the way this guy is making a fortune acting, now he plays a sand bag in most new war movies.

:LOL:

K

He thinks he's got problems. I have had to wait 12 weeks for my new Nissan GTR.

By the way this guy is making a fortune acting, now he plays a sand bag in most new war movies.

:LOL:

K

Even when yer doing 180 mph it will still be a Datsun though. Be a travesty to play Talking Heads on the stereo in it as well. :)

Even when yer doing 180 mph it will still be a Datsun though. Be a travesty to play Talking Heads on the stereo in it as well. :)

if he looks anything like his avatar then by the time once in a lifetime comes through the sixteen speakers he'll be ready to pull over and 'noose himself up' on the nearest tree...:eek:

if he looks anything like his avatar then by the time once in a lifetime comes through the sixteen speakers he'll be ready to pull over and 'noose himself up' on the nearest tree...:eek:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I actually look like Jeremy Clarkson's ugly taller brother.

K

It is still my opinion that most should indeed stop (short term) trading...

On what basis? Moral? Ethical? Financial? Even if there is validity in your statement (and I'm not suggesting there is or isn't), Philly's original comment regarding PERSPECTIVE is still extremely valid.

Hi Everyone,

I assume we all have have bad Trading Days and thought of quitting, hope the below link helps to keep things in perspective.

YouTube - Nick Vujicic

Cheers

Phil

Strange. Gets better every time I watch it.

The best way to help a soul so tortured by its inadequacy that it feels compelled to spread ugliness is to respond with beauty. If nothing else, as Ralph said "one of the most beautiful compensations in life is that we can never help another without helping ourselves".

YouTube - Savant syndrome, Beautiful minds

"In my desire, I want with all my might;
You save me, by depriving me.
This mercy of yours has been in my life all along.

You have given me so much, without me ever having to ask:
The sky, the light, my body, mind and life.
Every day you make me more and more worthy of these great gifts,
By saving me from the calamity of acute desire.

Sometimes I follow your path; sometimes I digress,
And the cruel you disappear every time I do.
It's nothing but your kindness, I know;
You turn me away only because you want to take me with you.
You want to make my life complete (so I am ready to meet you),
By saving me from the calamity of half-heartedness."

- by Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941), translated by me.

Hi,

In trading as in life..... We all get what we feel we deserve.

Give it some thought ... or not it's up to you.

Cheers

Phil