Mobile Charting

Aha Scrip.

At last I have found someone who has installed a JVM on an XDA2.

I have been trying to find out if this is compatible as it says on handango that this is for pocket pc 2002 (not 2003 as on xda2).

If possible (I know you don't have this on yours) but could you see if the xda2 is able to view the charts from www.dailyfx.com/FinanceChart.html
(note capitals as this must be exact).

This is what I plan to use the XDA2 for when I buy it but would appreciate some feedback on the performance. ie is it quick/ slow etc and is it a reasonable view of the charts? I appreciate I will have to scroll around as this is a normal (not pda format) website

Regarding my comments about the A925. if ur doing U.S stocks or anything using GPRS software forget it.

I went to three and bought the A925 today as it was released. The shop people said it had GPRS etc...so i took it for granted for being able to log on to my broker WAP log in to follow my portfolio when im out and about.

The phone says access denided. i called three, and they said they only allow GPRS(high speed WAP) access to their own content.

How screwed up is that? the phone was great, has all this great technology but the block access to third party sites. im dissapoointed and will return the phone later in the week.

The P900 is a bit odd because it uses MIDP 2.0 and there are a fair amount of developers that are just not supporting that yet.
Obviously Blackberry makes a great PDA but to get access to the bells and whistles of a Blackberry (like streaming quotes), you must be on a Blackberry Enterprise Server. I think the XDA is the best Pocket PC phone available and for just a straight PDA, I like the 4000 series of HP iPAQS.