mobile internet access via laptop

blipper

8 0
Sorry about that- wrong button. I know about gprs, which I understand is sold per MB; however, Ialso understand that share price graphs are data-intensive, but I have not so far found out just how many pages of graphs one can download per Mb in order to work out if this woulod be cost-effective. Someone told me the figure might be as low as 3 pages per Mb, as oppose to approx 20 pages for standard web pages. I also know that Orange do, as well as and as an alternative to gprs, a High Speed Data service that is costed per minute of access. Has anyone any experience of these services who could advise me on what service might be suitable for trading -on-the-go? Also, has anyone experience of the slower standard 9.6 connection-

JonnyT

2,560 22
Hi blipper,

I would probably forget GPRS due to the expense.

Personally I have used Oranges 28.8K High Speed Data, whilst not brilliant it is useable if you have no alternative method of connection.

JonnyT

briskg

10 0
Hi blipper,

I would probably go for a Wireless Broadband connection.
Lots of places around the UK already have this facility.
Check with BT to see if it is worth your while.

Kal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock