connecting pda to internet via mobile phone.

tonyjai

can anyone please offer me some advice. I don't have a clue how to connect to the internet on my pda. which setting do i click on my pda within bluetooth manager? i was reading the manual and it mentions using "dial up to the internet" and then need to enter phone number? huh? what phone number? when just about completion. it ask me to input in the user name, password and domain? where can i obtain these information? i am with t-mobile and running on windows mobile 2005.

sorry for all these questions...im very confused....thanks:)

i have a mio a201. thanks

i really hope someone can help me please

in bluetooth manager do i select " dial up to internet" or " explore a bluetooth device"?

when select modem i have choice of:
generic IrDA
Hayes Compatible on COM1
IVT BT Modem VCOM7
IVT BT Modem VCOM8
IVT BT Modem VCOM9

which do i select?

after i press next, i need to dial a number i keyed in: *99#

for username: user
for password: wap

then i click advanced and unticked "wait for dial tone before dialing"

also typed in "+cgdcont =1,"ip","general.t-mobile.uk"

and clicked ok and finish.

i can send picture messages.

Last edited:
Right I may be wrong here but in my view unless you have a compatible bluetooth product that is connecting to the internet already then you wont be able to connect. This is because this is a PDA and not a combined PDA / Mobile phone. Based on this I would suggest you go for "explore a bluetooth device". The modem selection is used when you connect an external modem to the PDA.

Paul

my two devices are compatable and i have internet conenction on my phone, just don;t know how to set setting....thanks