Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

I suppose the problem is that they were all too willing to come on here en masse to praise Baghdady and say how great he was. Now that it has all collapsed they are keeping quiet. But you're right I don't expect they will come back for a variety of reasons, legal, embarrassment or whatever.

The turtles have no legal obligation to keep quiet. They choose not to comment now that things have gone wrong. Amazing given the deception played upon them by Baghdady and Tuckey.

It is open to debate whether the gamut of the 'leeches at the periphery of the financial markets' in the form of books, videos, trainings, mentorings, clubs - and dare I say it web-sites - all seemingly dedicated to 'growing traders like they grow turtles in Singapore', make any difference to the grim statistics. . .

. . .Of course it is true that what training companies sell to their clients is virtually worthless for its intended purpose - but so too is almost everything else from the 'leeches at the perifery'. It wouldn't matter if the 'students' did different courses, bought books, borrowed videos, or just navigated the hallowed pages of this esteemed website.

Hi cymail,
Your general point is well made and I'm sure that many would agree with you. However, with the exception of the borrowed videos, there is one very noticeable and important difference between this 'esteemed website' and the other 'leeches' you lump it in with . . .

It's FREE!
;)
Tim.

I am not going to spend my time going back over all the posts. But I will back up what I said:
Post #834 Monday 3:50pm by you.
See edit comment
Last edited by barjon; Yesterday at 4:53pm. Reason: removed allegation

Tony, VP of Sales and Marketing with access to the client database and was not acting in the best interests of the company judging by MattT's comment:

As MattT a good friend of Tony said
"Lets put this way if Mike paid thousands for your visa, paid for a lovely place in canary wharf ( which he couldnt pay rent for ), paid you a very handsome wage more the most people in London why would you walk out? You would prefer to hold out for an unfair dismal like past employees."

You just wanted me to post that again didn't you :D

Just in case you didnt understand, by serialising his story Tony is helping to keep the thread going and getting more hits. I just wish he would provide some maple syrup with all that waffle :LOL:

In addition, as I said to Digbyarbuthnot (Howard):
And the claim Mike has been seen in New York are you going to back that up?
If you can prove (and I mean verifiable proof) that claim then I will not stand against you on here anymore (and no that does not mean I agree with you in anyway).

What no resposnse pipsplease ??

Next time you try to imply you have done no wrong I suggest you read your own posts :D

Oh yeah ... I am waiting for the proof of Mike in New York !! :whistling

Chapter Two

Let me fast forward to February 2009, Marriott Marquis Hotel, Times Square, NYC, Money Show's annual Traders Expo.

While participating in the Expo and representing OTA, I did my usual perusing of the 2 level exhibition halls to see which vendors were there and not there, I came across MB in his booth. This was the first time I learned that he had started a company called Spyglass Trading Solutions. I stopped and we had a very warm reunion with each other. I asked him what he was up to and what he was selling. MB proceeded to show me the trading software that he had created. Not being a trader I watched as he demonstrated the software and how it would help traders become constantly more profitable. Sounded like something good to me but I had no idea if this was real or not.

After about 10 minutes our conversation was over and I proceeded to walk away. I was about 10 feet away from MB when he shouted out to me, "I'll steal you away from OTA one of these days". I chuckled back to him and continued walking away.

Over the next year or so MB would contact me from time to time asking me if I would like to jump on board with his new company. I was not about to leave OTA for a start-up business I knew nothing about, so my answer was always a very respectful but definitive NO!

On May 17th 2010 I separated from OTA. Two days later I heard from an ex FX OTA instructor with global recognition and total respect from everyone who new him. He had a book published, appeared regularly on CNBC and was working on his second book. Both books were about trading FX(of course). I have great respect and admiration for this person so when he asked me to take a look at was he was doing with the end game of forming an alliance it really peaked my interest.

On the third day away from OTA, I received a call from MB(this would be on May 20th 2010) He told me he had just learned about my separation from OTA. He proceeded to persuade me to come work with him but this time in a much more aggressive manner since he knew for the first time I was actually available to make a move to work with him. I explained to him that I was already in discussions with this other person (who MB also knew) and was pretty hot on this person's project. Again we parted on a friendly note and again he told me I knew how to find him if I wanted to.

The project with this other person lasted about 10 months. It came to an end when this other person had an opportunity to get on board with a major Broker. He decided to take advantage of the opportunity and the project came to an end. We parted friends and it was time to move on.

Over the next 5 months, I decide to try my hand at a internet based trading school. I quickly learned that I did not know enough about internet marketing and also learned something about myself. I learned that I did not have the demeanor to sit on a computer for the rest of my life just to make money. I needed to be out of my house with people to get the emotional rewards that I sought in
life.

In early August 2011 I posted to all my contacts in Linkedin that I was looking to find a place to land. Within hours I got an e-mail from MB(no surprise)The difference this time is that I was willing to listen and take his courting me more seriously than I had done previously . MB asked me to get on Skype(video) and talk to him and I did.

When we connected, MB pulled out all the stops to convince me to come and work for him. It was in this conversation that I learned for the first time that he had actually set up shop in London and not in NY as I had previously thought. Within a few minutes he turned his laptop around so I could observe for myself the size and scope of his London office. I must admit, I was impressed and he now had my attention. MB then explained to me that he had over the past 2+ years taken the company as far as he could without someone like myself, who possessed the sales, marketing and operational skills that he didn't have. At this point he knew he had my attention and proceeded to push all the right buttons. Hearing MB tell me that I would have total autonomy to use my skills with an unlimited earning potential was music to my ears. He explained that the company (Training Traders) had global implications and that I would be heading up this effort, however there was one major problem for me, leaving the US and for the first time in my life and working for an extended period away from my family, lifestyle and country. I made this very clear to MB and he upped the rhetoric.

MB countered all this by offering to purchase for me an airline ticket with all expenses paid, to come to London and see for myself what he had going on. It was too hard to resist so, I agreed to go to London for 2 days. Within hours I had an e-ticked to fly to London(for the first time in my life) on August 9th returning on August 11th. Yes, I did discuss this with my wife and we both agreed that there was nothing to loose and so I proceeded to make my plans to go to London for a few days.

Tomorrow I will pick this up at my arrival in London on August 9th 2011.

Have a great day everyone,
Tony Michaels
[email protected]

what i find amusing are you the same Tony Michaels that after claiming to be beaten up and have a heart attack came back into TT with police who then left You then demanded money from MB saying pay me in full when MB said you are on PAYE and he had to stop your tax your next words were `come on Mike outside you motherfcker come on i can take you`(sorry for the explicit) whilst gesturing with your hands for a come on! are you they same guy that has been claiming squatters rights in a flat paid for by TT I also hope you have informed the tax man that you were paid in full. Also when you organised a forum which was low on numbers you blamed everyone except yourself even came over and moaned at me and my friend that the sales team had a shocker!!! You also had a hand in getting rid of the last sales manager
Matt are you the same sales guy that spent most of your time annoying the young guys that sat behind me talking about clothes and good know what else. Also asking Mike for money and travel expense so you could feed you baby Then the next day stood outside the building annoying anyone who would have listened, and does your girlfriend know you claim to have slept with a fellow employee in the TT office???????????
Howard still sending photos of yourself in a mankini to men asking anyone seen my dog?? or are you over that now ? hope so for your wife What about moving from the sales office because you said you didnt like working with thsoe unproffesianls but needed to be near the turtles to get the vibe!!!
Also is it not true that when the sales figures were rubbish MB gave you all a pay rise?! so no sales but I will give you more money
He sounds like a really horrible man
As I stated before not an employee or turtle i rent space and did both short term and long term course which im happy with what i dont like is the abuse this forum allows when its meant to be about trading forex courses etc This thing has a life of its own and really should be stopped.
There is plenty more rubbish that can be thrown at ex employees but i think ive said enough
This will be my last post here and i will be closing T2W as I find its lost its way
Please please do not come back to me as as I said im finished and wil close this down
goodbye god bless and I wish you all health and wealth

what i find amusing are you the same Tony Michaels that after claiming to be beaten up and have a heart attack came back into TT with police who then left You then demanded money from MB saying pay me in full when MB said you are on PAYE and he had to stop your tax your next words were `come on Mike outside you motherfcker come on i can take you`(sorry for the explicit) whilst gesturing with your hands for a come on! are you they same guy that has been claiming squatters rights in a flat paid for by TT I also hope you have informed the tax man that you were paid in full. Also when you organised a forum which was low on numbers you blamed everyone except yourself even came over and moaned at me and my friend that the sales team had a shocker!!! You also had a hand in getting rid of the last sales manager
Matt are you the same sales guy that spent most of your time annoying the young guys that sat behind me talking about clothes and good know what else. Also asking Mike for money and travel expense so you could feed you baby Then the next day stood outside the building annoying anyone who would have listened, and does your girlfriend know you claim to have slept with a fellow employee in the TT office???????????
Howard still sending photos of yourself in a mankini to men asking anyone seen my dog?? or are you over that now ? hope so for your wife What about moving from the sales office because you said you didnt like working with thsoe unproffesianls but needed to be near the turtles to get the vibe!!!
Also is it not true that when the sales figures were rubbish MB gave you all a pay rise?! so no sales but I will give you more money
As I stated before not an employee or turtle i rent space and did both short term and long term course which im happy with what i dont like is the abuse this forum allows when its meant to be about trading forex courses etc This thing has a life of its own and really should be stopped.
There is plenty more rubbish that can be thrown at ex employees but i think ive said enough
This will be my last post here and i will be closing T2W as I find its lost its way
Please please do not come back to me as as I said im finished and wil close this down

Are you still renting space there? If so can you tell us if the office is closed now and people have removed computers etc? This is what we have heard but no proof has been offered, I'm sure if its not the case you'd be more than willing to tell us.

Hi cymail,
Your general point is well made and I'm sure that many would agree with you. However, with the exception of the borrowed videos, there is one very noticeable and important difference between this 'esteemed website' and the other 'leeches' you lump it in with . . .

It's FREE!
;)
Tim.

Yes but you did previously give a few of them a platform to sell their wares, including some partner offers and preferred broker status. I believe things have changed now though.

Are you still renting space there? If so can you tell us if the office is closed now and people have removed computers etc? This is what we have heard but no proof has been offered, I'm sure if its not the case you'd be more than willing to tell us.

i moved the day of the little scuffle so dont know

Ahh. Good morning Mr Baghdady. Nice to hear from you again. Early in New York! Is the sun up yet?
You must be looking forward to what has yet to come. We cannot wait for your response.

HEALTH WARNING
Those who read this thread should be aware that what is written above is again a classic Baghdady diversion tactic. Do not be fooled. Spraying dirt on everyone else. Classic.
It will not work.

Hold on for more to come. Its not going away.

there is one very noticeable and important difference between this 'esteemed website' and the other 'leeches' you lump it in with . . .

It's FREE!

There seams to be a general consensus that training educators do more harm than good. They set unrealistic expectations, and impart damage that is very difficult to rectify.

I would possibly argue that the only reason that Mr Baghdaddy is able to cause further damage to a small minority is that those individuals who fall for this scam have already had their expectations altered by sites such as t2w.

The reason for t2w taking part in this process is no different to Mr Baghdaddy's, its a commercial decision.

Some forums are arguably much worse in this regard (fxstreet and babypips spring immediately to mind). The fact that you cause the damage for free really isnt something you should be particularly proud of. Perhaps I'm being a little unfair, and it would be more accurate to say that you stand by and encourage people to damage themselves, rather than proactively causing the damage yourselves.

Lets not forget, t2w does provide a platform for the likes of Mr Baghdaddy (a former t2w partner), and there's little doubt, that someone somewhere was influenced by adverts seen here and at other forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
what i find amusing...

Fascinating stuff, but it does nothing to answer the questions and allegations raised time without number. That is the key to the matter.

If those questions are answered in a satisfactory manner, it is likely that everything else will go away. If they are not, people will likely think the organisation is disreputable and will continue to be interested in the bizarre inner workings of this strange organisation.

Mr Baghdady, you can bring all of this to a close very easily: answer the questions put to you, and then demonstrate your competence with a couple of months of live calls. Surely neither of these is beyond you? And if you do these things, you will have students lined up around the corner, begging for your expertise. It is a situation in which you cannot lose (if your claims are true) and the rewards are potentially huge.

In fact, it is a wonder you haven't done something like that already. For a man of your alleged talents, it is the best marketing strategy I can think of.

Of course, if you do have the talents alleged (300% in a single trade etc) you probably wouldn't be marketing anything though would you?

This is all getting rather confusing. :LOL:

Prada-hand-bags.jpg

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Loving it

If you can prove (and I mean verifiable proof) that claim then I will not stand against you on here anymore (and no that does not mean I agree with you in anyway).

pipsplease, Digbyarbuthnot ..... still waiting :sleep:

Or is this like the rest of your claims, unfounded ?

Hi Mike

Welcome back to the forum. You must be up early as it's only 5.30 in NYC.

I will go through each of your points you have made and alert everyone to the wholesale untruths you have said:
1. For someone who was not an employee, just a desk-renter, you are remarkably well abreast of conversations you could NOT have been privy to, sitting outside both the sales office and Mike Baghdady's office AND the Turtles floor. Also, you impart false information that doesn't stack up because the churn rate of people renting desks meant that there was no-one there when the previous sales manager left to the time that Tony was assaulted and needed medical attention from paramedics for 45 minutes in an ambulence.
2. Your claim of Tony Michaels asking Mike Baghdady for a fight. That disputes the other witness statements the police took. Did the police take a statement from you given your privileged knowledge?
3. Tony Michaels had no hand in getting rid of the previous sales manager and tried to convince Mike Baghdady (aka you/Kruger9) to keep the guy on. It was purely Mike Baghdady's decision. Also, you couldn't have been there at the time to know what happened as mentioned in Point 1.
4. If Matt annoyed you so much by chatting to the others, why did you not say anything? You claim to have been renting a desk and therefore a customer. I'd have thought that would be within your rights to complain, but, to the best of my knowledge no-one ever complained. Matt did make a drunken boast about a then-colleague. He went around to the whole office the next morning to apologize and point out his error. It was a foolish thing to do and he admitted it in the clear light of day.
5. Can you provide a photo of Howard in his mankini that he got from Secret Santa? The only person who took photos of Howard wearing his mankini (which he put on OVER the rest of his clothes) was Mike Baghdady. So does that mean that Mike Baghdady is sending them to other men on Howard's behalf? I'm sure Howard would look great in a mankini - with or without clothes on underneath it.
6. Mike Baghdady removed Howard from the sales office because of some spurious reason. It was thought to be jealousy because of his burgeoning professional relationship with Tony Michaels & the sales team but the truth was never really discovered. It certainly wasn't anything to get a vibe from the turtles as job was allied much more with the sales team than trading.
7. I love how you say that you don't want any responses or questions. Well tough, this is an open forum and I think I've proved that pretty much everything in your post is incorrect. If there's another matter you'd like me to clear up for you, I'll happily answer your questions Kruger9. I'm not coming onto the forum, making wild accusations, then claiming that I'm not coming back to answer questions. I'm here for the long-term, so ask away.

Once more Kruger9/Mike Baghdady, you come staggering from the canvas and with your punch drunk nature taking over, you've thrown wild claims that are easily deflected. You make it too easy for me.

pipsplease, Digbyarbuthnot ..... still waiting

does your girlfriend know you claim to have slept with a fellow employee in the TT office???????????

I'm a bit confused by this sentance. Does this mean he claimed to have slept with a work collegue ?, or does it mean that the alledged act occured in the TT office ?

If its the latter, does the office have any sort of security cameras etc ? :LOL:

I think its important that we clear up these kinds of inconsistencies.

This whole thread is a farce.

It seems to be well known that Digbyarbuthnot (who made the initial post) is Howard Abernethy a good friend of Tony Michaels who used to do work for Training Traders. Certainly I am sure of this after the personal attack I received from Digbyarbuthnot after highlighting Howards poor work (20+ spelling and grammatical errors in a single page email shot). Not to mentioned Howards vow to bring the company down and the post appearing within days of him departing the company.

Therefore the initial post was a pack of lies as Howard is not someone who simply turned up to a workshop, he used to work for Mike Baghdady doing media and PR work. If you look closely you will actually see Howard in at least one of the company promotional videos.

Digbyarbuthnot (Howard) claimed to have someone on the inside, that seems to be clear now, his good friend Tony Michaels who it appears was trying to go for an unfair dismissal ( MattT quote).

This is not an attempt to discredit people in order to back Mike Baghdady. I would like to make the point that some people have raised valid questions with good grounding (pboyles for one) which it would have been good to discuss and for the company to answer. It is a shame that this is lost in 120 pages of trash (personal attacks, false allegations, ungrounded comments).

It was fun, but now I’m bored (also cant spent all day checking this site) so I am out here.

BTW pipsplease and Digbyarbuthnot if you ever do manage to find proof that Mike is in NY right now feel free to email it to me (I won’t hold my breath) and you should post it otherwise you look a bit foolish.

....Howard is not someone who simply turned up to a workshop[/B], he used to work for Mike Baghdady doing media and PR work. If you look closely you will actually see Howard in at least one of the company promotional videos.

As you are no doubt aware, quite a few staff members have previously appeared in company videos.

Was Howard playing a particular "role" in the video ? for example successful hedge fund manager ?, institutional trader ?, turtle ?, trainee ?

This whole thread is a farce.

It seems to be well known that Digbyarbuthnot (who made the initial post) is Howard Abernethy a good friend of Tony Michaels who used to do work for Training Traders. Certainly I am sure of this after the personal attack I received from Digbyarbuthnot after highlighting Howards poor work (20+ spelling and grammatical errors in a single page email shot). Not to mentioned Howards vow to bring the company down and the post appearing within days of him departing the company.

Therefore the initial post was a pack of lies as Howard is not someone who simply turned up to a workshop, he used to work for Mike Baghdady doing media and PR work. If you look closely you will actually see Howard in at least one of the company promotional videos.

Digbyarbuthnot (Howard) claimed to have someone on the inside, that seems to be clear now, his good friend Tony Michaels who it appears was trying to go for an unfair dismissal ( MattT quote).

This is not an attempt to discredit people in order to back Mike Baghdady. I would like to make the point that some people have raised valid questions with good grounding (pboyles for one) which it would have been good to discuss and for the company to answer. It is a shame that this is lost in 120 pages of trash (personal attacks, false allegations, ungrounded comments).

It was fun, but now I’m bored (also cant spent all day checking this site) so I am out here.

BTW pipsplease and Digbyarbuthnot if you ever do manage to find proof that Mike is in NY right now feel free to email it to me (I won’t hold my breath) and you should post it otherwise you look a bit foolish.

Yes, a valid question; Is TT still in business?