Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Haha and Mike was never ever aggresive to any staff no?? You do make me laugh Malcolm,, If you also READ properly Tony said he got aggresive in America not here, you know what Mike is like talk to you like trash more then anyone else and yet you still kiss his a***..... strange man..... Tony failed because the boss was a control freak who micro manage everything from marketing and sales and even cleaning lol Good luck

I did read it correctly, Tony was on about time in the US and he said he got aggressive with Mike, so yes that was in the US.

I do not agree that I am kissing anyone’s a***
I am not the one saying anything like “Tony is a great guy and you know that, everyone in TT loved him and always will, he was amazing at his job which is why everyone left TT when Tony was mistreated.”

If you start a company and put a lot of your own money into it, would you want to have control?

If someone has a good idea that will make a lot of money and he can sell the idea do you think it would be ignored?

Tony knew Mike previously and decided to take on the role, so he should have known what he was getting into?

This thread is extremely valuable to a lot of people currently involved in trading, looking to become involved in trading and those who may be looking this way in the future.

I disagree. I think it is entertaining to a lot of people, but the course and methodology has not been discussed at all. As I mentioned there is a lack of comment/posts from clients, it’s just a hate campaign (involving disgruntled ex-employees) against one person with the aim of bringing down a company.

Can we please keep to the subject and issues. Personal stuff is out. If Malcolm and his like wish to indulge in such ways, let them, it suits them.

More tricks and deflection.
I think you will see that I am not the one who indulged in personal attacks and accusations of none truths. :)

'..but the course and methodology has not been discussed at all..'

So sell it to us.. I believe The Hare has already asked this..
Can you demonstrate proof that The Macdady's system works?
Were The Turtles profitable using his system and / or software?
Are you able to trade without Mr. B's presence and post the resulting trades, win, lose or draw so we can ascertain it's merits or failings?

TBH, I'm already fed up with the handbags and playground 'he said, she said' timewasting crap.. Cut to the chase, prove the system, with or without Mr. B, if thats possible and if its not, at least tell us why.. Only then can we really answer the opening question 'Re: Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?'..

I disagree. I think it is entertaining to a lot of people, but the course and methodology has not been discussed at all. As I mentioned there is a lack of comment/posts from clients, it’s just a hate campaign (involving disgruntled ex-employees) against one person with the aim of bringing down a company.

You are correct, the thread is extremely entertaining.

However, its completely beyond my comprehension how 3 ex employees can bring down a company. They cant.

I challenge you to make live calls for the period of 1 month, back up the calls using independant verification such as myfxbook. If you have anyone with even the slightest clue you'll silence your detractors, and have a queue of clients a mile long.

Definately a cheaper and more effective method of promotion than cold calling.

You have the worlds foremost expert on price behaviour and a former trading world champion, so that shouldnt be a problem should it ?

LOL, what a charade, why doesn't Tony sell his 6 months story rather than posting it for free on T2W?

Look guys, please heed my earlier request or I doubt this thread can remain open much longer. Thanks.

jon

Hi Jon,

I understand you have a tricky line to walk, and this thread is getting into minefield territory now.

But I also suspect that you are a decent, fair-minded and intelligent person, and I'd imagine that you have your own opinion about this whole episode.

One way or the other, however it turns out, this thread is potentially enormously valuable to the many aspiring traders who take some of their first tentative steps by browsing through T2W. Here you have a very thorough examination of a very well-known vendor - either he will be vindicated (he might even take the opportunity to make the live calls some people are requesting) or he will not. Either way (I know which my money's on, and I suspect yours too), this thread is of genuine value and is genuinely educational.

So I hope that people will heed your warning, and I hope that you will do what you canto keep it open 'till the finish.

I disagree. I think it is entertaining to a lot of people, but the course and methodology has not been discussed at all. [/B]

yeah can we get to the 'course' and 'methodology' please as all this playground stuff is tiring. I just want to know what instruments were traded and the methodologies primarily so I can have a ruddy good laugh. :LOL:

So Mike Baghdady told everyone he was going to Egypt, but he's been seen in New York. Surprising or not?

Probably telling Corzine he should have joined the turtles to learn how to trade properly and MF Global would be fine right now.

Peter

Chapter Two

Let me fast forward to February 2009, Marriott Marquis Hotel, Times Square, NYC, Money Show's annual Traders Expo.

While participating in the Expo and representing OTA, I did my usual perusing of the 2 level exhibition halls to see which vendors were there and not there, I came across MB in his booth. This was the first time I learned that he had started a company called Spyglass Trading Solutions. I stopped and we had a very warm reunion with each other. I asked him what he was up to and what he was selling. MB proceeded to show me the trading software that he had created. Not being a trader I watched as he demonstrated the software and how it would help traders become constantly more profitable. Sounded like something good to me but I had no idea if this was real or not.

After about 10 minutes our conversation was over and I proceeded to walk away. I was about 10 feet away from MB when he shouted out to me, "I'll steal you away from OTA one of these days". I chuckled back to him and continued walking away.

Over the next year or so MB would contact me from time to time asking me if I would like to jump on board with his new company. I was not about to leave OTA for a start-up business I knew nothing about, so my answer was always a very respectful but definitive NO!

On May 17th 2010 I separated from OTA. Two days later I heard from an ex FX OTA instructor with global recognition and total respect from everyone who new him. He had a book published, appeared regularly on CNBC and was working on his second book. Both books were about trading FX(of course). I have great respect and admiration for this person so when he asked me to take a look at was he was doing with the end game of forming an alliance it really peaked my interest.

On the third day away from OTA, I received a call from MB(this would be on May 20th 2010) He told me he had just learned about my separation from OTA. He proceeded to persuade me to come work with him but this time in a much more aggressive manner since he knew for the first time I was actually available to make a move to work with him. I explained to him that I was already in discussions with this other person (who MB also knew) and was pretty hot on this person's project. Again we parted on a friendly note and again he told me I knew how to find him if I wanted to.

The project with this other person lasted about 10 months. It came to an end when this other person had an opportunity to get on board with a major Broker. He decided to take advantage of the opportunity and the project came to an end. We parted friends and it was time to move on.

Over the next 5 months, I decide to try my hand at a internet based trading school. I quickly learned that I did not know enough about internet marketing and also learned something about myself. I learned that I did not have the demeanor to sit on a computer for the rest of my life just to make money. I needed to be out of my house with people to get the emotional rewards that I sought in
life.

In early August 2011 I posted to all my contacts in Linkedin that I was looking to find a place to land. Within hours I got an e-mail from MB(no surprise)The difference this time is that I was willing to listen and take his courting me more seriously than I had done previously . MB asked me to get on Skype(video) and talk to him and I did.

When we connected, MB pulled out all the stops to convince me to come and work for him. It was in this conversation that I learned for the first time that he had actually set up shop in London and not in NY as I had previously thought. Within a few minutes he turned his laptop around so I could observe for myself the size and scope of his London office. I must admit, I was impressed and he now had my attention. MB then explained to me that he had over the past 2+ years taken the company as far as he could without someone like myself, who possessed the sales, marketing and operational skills that he didn't have. At this point he knew he had my attention and proceeded to push all the right buttons. Hearing MB tell me that I would have total autonomy to use my skills with an unlimited earning potential was music to my ears. He explained that the company (Training Traders) had global implications and that I would be heading up this effort, however there was one major problem for me, leaving the US and for the first time in my life and working for an extended period away from my family, lifestyle and country. I made this very clear to MB and he upped the rhetoric.

MB countered all this by offering to purchase for me an airline ticket with all expenses paid, to come to London and see for myself what he had going on. It was too hard to resist so, I agreed to go to London for 2 days. Within hours I had an e-ticked to fly to London(for the first time in my life) on August 9th returning on August 11th. Yes, I did discuss this with my wife and we both agreed that there was nothing to loose and so I proceeded to make my plans to go to London for a few days.

Tomorrow I will pick this up at my arrival in London on August 9th 2011.

Have a great day everyone,
Tony Michaels
[email protected]

Can Tony "Looser" Michaels please post his story in a private thread that allows no responses. We can discuss it in here if need be but lulz of this calibre need to be addressed and dealt with seriously in order for us to enjoy the benefits.

Scose (lulzmeister)

Sorry - it doesn't come in Bags - it comes in Baghdady's....

I'll send you an invoice via paypal. Will of course try not to charge you twice.

Oh you shouldnt do that, distance selling rules will apply, get them to turn up at your office and pay, preferably after a free popcorn seminar. Youve got to keep those charge backs down.

Its a bit strange that even though the Turtle programme has ended and they're no longer in the office that none of them have come on the thread to tell us what happened. Its odd behaviour that people who claim innocence in all of this are now being somewhat suspicious in their silence.

You are correct, the thread is extremely entertaining.
However, its completely beyond my comprehension how 3 ex employees can bring down a company. They cant.

Unfortunately in today’s modern world with the internet and a bit of determination it is possible. Not for large corporations perhaps but certainly small companies.

Take a look at this thread for instance, why do you think the core 2 or 3 people keep posting over and over, try to google Mike Baghdady and you will see. Basically the more hits the thread gets the more it is ranked in Google and the more damage it does. Why do you think Tony is serializing his story on here.

Where else other than on the internet could you make unfounded and libelous claims and remain anonymous and have no risk of retribution.

Add to this if an ex-employee is involved who had access to client details then this increases the influence. And if sales dropped and the company is vulnerable then the chances increases.

As MattT a good friend of Tony said
"Lets put this way if Mike paid thousands for your visa, paid for a lovely place in canary wharf ( which he couldnt pay rent for ), paid you a very handsome wage more the most people in London why would you walk out? You would prefer to hold out for an unfair dismal like past employees."

I think that speaks for itself, dirty trick are in play.

I think a lot of us have been in roles that have not worked for us. Most of us simply leave and would not stay and work on getting an unfair dismissal and if that failed attack the company or owner.

Add to this if an ex-employee is involved who had access to client details then this increases the influence. And if sales dropped and the company is vulnerable then the chances increases.

If you look at TT in isolation, then I think its fair comment to suggest that failure to sell training courses is going to lead to loss of income, to the extent that the company cannot cover its overheads. If the company is non profitable, and there's no real chance of turning the situation around then it makes sense to cut losses and liquidate.

However, Mr Baghdaddy claims to be a trader There's also 2M or so capital allocated to a number of "turtles", who are alledgedly performing to expectations. Should New Turtle Traders LLC really be affected by lack of sales of an unrelated company ?

Cold calling leads generated at trade shows is never going to be as effective as walking the walk, and despite many opportunities to do so, training traders always ducks the challenge.

Making live calls is easy enough, publishing the performance of a selected trader, or group of traders is easy to do, publishing audited accounts is easy to do, registering someone within the company as a CTA is easy to do. Instead of doing something thats easy and would be effective, it seams to me that you chose a far more complex and less effective route. All you had to do was prove you walked the walk, but instead, Mr Baghdaddy decided to lie, and promote unrealistic, and frankly quite laughable claims.

Even the best run of companies is going to attract the odd complaint, but in my experience, good news tends to travel a lot faster than bad news. If the product or service offered by TT was good, then there's a complete absence of genuine testimonials out there, which I find difficult to comprehend.

You also have to remember, that practically all of the initial critisism of Mr Baghdaddy (much of which was deleted due to threads of litigation) concerned claims from Mr Baghdaddy that have subsequenly been proven to be untrue.

I’m curious Howard sorry Digbyarbuthnot, how many posts have you had removed or edited on here, not due to legal action, simply due to the fact that they were incorrect and libelous?

Oh I forget to mention the vicious personal attacks you have made against me (after I pointed out the lack of disgruntled clients).

And the claim Mike has been seen in New York are you going to back that up?
If you can prove (and I mean verifiable proof) that claim then I will not stand against you on here anymore (and no that does not mean I agree with you in anyway).

I have to include this quote again, it just amuses me.
As MattT a good friend of Tony said
"Lets put this way if Mike paid thousands for your visa, paid for a lovely place in canary wharf ( which he couldnt pay rent for ), paid you a very handsome wage more the most people in London why would you walk out? You would prefer to hold out for an unfair dismal like past employees."