Microcap Millionaires. Matt Morris

maxpesh

Hi there everyone, I'm new to stock trading and do not wish to get scammed like I did when I was spreadbetting. Seen microcap millionaires site and I just wondered if anyone else had any experience with this guy and his stock picks. Cheers...

Hi there everyone, I'm new to stock trading and do not wish to get scammed like I did when I was spreadbetting. Seen microcap millionaires site and I just wondered if anyone else had any experience with this guy and his stock picks. Cheers...

Looking into the website, 99% you'll be scammed... No verified track record says it all... I bet his guy cannot trade and is selling the dream to gullible newbies...

Looking into the website, 99% you'll be scammed... No verified track record says it all... I bet his guy cannot trade and is selling the dream to gullible newbies...

Thank you . I have been everywhere and I cannot find anything on YouTube or any other sites that has anything negative to say about him ?

in what way did you get scammed while spreadbetting?

I know as much about penny stock picking as this gal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly7XzD--gWo

I went along with the Chris Chillingworth Spreadbet beginner course, and used his ten minute chart for trading, followed all the rules without emotion and wiped out my albeit small account, but proved beyond a shadow of doubt that he is another one full of BS !
Followed him on Twitter for laughs for a while, he never posted losing trades, and trading part-time from his bedroom doesn't inspire confidence.

And his fawning interview with Vince Stanzione (on YouTube somewhere) ...made me want to hurl.

Avoid any/all "educators".

Just remember "Those who can't do, teach!"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I went along with the Chris Chillingworth Spreadbet beginner course, and used his ten minute chart for trading, followed all the rules without emotion and wiped out my albeit small account, but proved beyond a shadow of doubt that he is another one full of BS !

Mr Chillingworth seems ok, I had not heard of him before, i see he gives some good free information and insight on you tube and I'm sure his course gives some ideas and methods of trading. However I think you were looking for the holy grail system that you could basically copy, without much prior knowledge, skill and experience which doesn't come so easy i'm afraid. To call him a bs scam is inaccurate because i don't think he claims everyone is guaranteed to make money from his system.

Microcap trading is going to involve colossal spreads, unpredictable price swings, difficulty getting in due to illiquidity, difficulty getting out (even more serious) due to illiquidity, blocking of online orders of any significant volume forcing you into phone trading with higher costs and possibilities of being trapped in a position, massive slippage on order execution prices, susceptibility to ramping or deliberate pump-and-dump, wild price moves on forum gossip (or lies), inadequate information on company fundamentals, restricted leverage on trades, etc. etc. etc.

Yet its an easy sell because all the promoter needs is to select the one lucky subscriber out of the 5000 losers and have this winner say, quite truthfully, "I subscribed to the XYZ newsletter and I made 589% in one morning on one of their tips".

The difficulties and risks are colossal, the probability of success is tiny.

Chris Chillingworth is a system hopper.

He contradicts himself. He keeps talking about following system rules and not changing from one system to another.

The guy is currently trialling a third system because the previous systems he sold to his clients did not work for him.

He keeps creating and marketting new systems.

STAY AWAY from this guy.

Chris Chillingworth is a system hopper.

He contradicts himself. He keeps talking about following system rules and not changing from one system to another.

The guy is currently trialling a third system because the previous systems he sold to his clients did not work for him.

He keeps creating and marketting new systems.

do you have any evidence/proof of this?

Last edited:
Don't buy Chris Chillingworths course as is a heap , the course is simply waffle with the strategy simply 100EMA and 200EMA. Use the 2 EMA's as a channel and enter trade from a 5EMA when crosses out the channel and close when enters. Looks great on trending charts but in real world simply does not work. If part of the facebook group if you say anything you are kicked out straight away. His youtube tapes are also false as anyone can look at a steep chart without any lines or EMA's on and say got in on the top and out at the bottom. He is as was said earlier full of BS as never answers emails unless stating you are looking to buy then he answers , if anything else no chance. Just remember "Those who can't do, teach!"

Last edited:
NEVER PAY FOR TRADING ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS.

Everything you need to become a successful trader is available for free on YouTube, in articles, in blog posts, on social media, etc..

What you are missing is TIME, you need to spend months; most likely years trying what works and what doesn't before you start making money, there is no short cut to trading without understanding how to read charts and price action.

No amount of money can accelerate this process.

NEVER PAY FOR TRADING ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS.

Everything you need to become a successful trader is available for free on YouTube, in articles, in blog posts, on social media, etc..

What you are missing is TIME, you need to spend months; most likely years trying what works and what doesn't before you start making money, there is no short cut to trading without understanding how to read charts and price action.

No amount of money can accelerate this process.

agreed .....however if you read the market wizard series of books and many of the trading podcasts below ....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdnzT5Tl6pAkATOiDsPhqcg

most top traders did spend time being mentored in their career.........and most say it was integral to their eventual success

ive had probably 4-5 mentors in my career so far and all have undoubtedly added to my learning and experience ........

so its not 100% all available free online .....

N

I can confirm that Chris Chillingworh is indeed a scam artist.
His system is a moving average crossover system using a stop of earby support/resistance.

I mechanically backtested his system (I used 2ATR as a stop to allow it be mechanically backtested) over 11 FX pairs, over 9 years which worked out as 7,009 trades.
The results were it was marginally above breakeven before costs - costs made it a little worse than breakeven.

I then mailed him the results which he blanked. I also followed up on email which he again blanked. I then politely tweeted him to direct him to my mails and his response was to block me on twitter. So that says it all really.

But if you think about it - applying a moving average system is never going to work. If it was that easy all any investment bank or prop house would do is load in the EA, and press play and watch the money pour in. There would be no one left to take the other side of your trade of it was that easy.

The whole notion that he crqcked it with this simple strategy is utter tripe. And he knows it because I sent him the results to prove it.

Well done qwerty.

Entering a trade on some MA cross-over is a terrible method for getting into trend-following trades. Exiting trend-following positions due to an MA cross-over just makes it worse.

But entering a trend-following trade must always be after some MA cross-over.

I can confirm that Chris Chillingworh is indeed a scam artist.
His system is a moving average crossover system using a stop of earby support/resistance.

I mechanically backtested his system (I used 2ATR as a stop to allow it be mechanically backtested) over 11 FX pairs, over 9 years which worked out as 7,009 trades.
The results were it was marginally above breakeven before costs - costs made it a little worse than breakeven.

I then mailed him the results which he blanked. I also followed up on email which he again blanked. I then politely tweeted him to direct him to my mails and his response was to block me on twitter. So that says it all really.

But if you think about it - applying a moving average system is never going to work. If it was that easy all any investment bank or prop house would do is load in the EA, and press play and watch the money pour in. There would be no one left to take the other side of your trade of it was that easy.

The whole notion that he crqcked it with this simple strategy is utter tripe. And he knows it because I sent him the results to prove it.

Yes I can also confirm this, he changes his methodology when it stops working, he started the TF on the DAX to start using as has been said a few MA's the 5, 100 + 200. I bought his basic course. lts in depth and I did a few years ago it all looks legit. The system he used was on the 10 min dax chart with IG. Basically this dumb idea is to sit in front of your PC ALL DAY LONG and each time you get a c/over, enter or exit ! Do not think about having a coffee or god forbid a piss ! Of course when you look at his results and correlate them with the DAX all his posted trades are spot on...in real life this does NOT work. Sometimes he did admit that he'd 'missed' a trade. He also made a discretionary decision about when he closed the system off at the end of the day - very easy to lie here...all you do when you get stopped out is say 'i closed out my position at 7pm last night' ....then if it gapped in your favour you say 'i am on this massive trade! ' But trend following only works when the market trends and when he started it did, now it does not so he now 'Stock Picks' ...another method as old trend following dont work. I tried his TF strategy and lost lots over a 4 - 5 moth period bcos the market stopped trending. He even had these problems, as everyone did indeed. First spread bet beginner, then he started to do - wait for it - life style coaching on line which he stupidly combined with spread betting! ! When he started doing this i just knew he'd jump on any band wagon that rolled in a few quid. He also plays guitar ! (see his you tube stuff). Now he is the 'clean trader' website and doing stock pics the complete inverse of what he set out to do. I was in his facebook group and when I asked a simple question of his results and the spread he was paying to IG (that spread did not correlate with anyone elses) he booted me out about 2 years ago!! That's right, when you ask anything politely you are OUT he controls the FB group very well to keep the income stream going. A number of people, I knew, also complained about his TF method which dont work, again they are OUT of his group. Shockingly his actual DAX results from a few years ago do NOT include the spread ! Check yourselves.

Thank you . I have been everywhere and I cannot find anything on YouTube or any other sites that has anything negative to say about him ?
the answer is he very carefully ensures this does not happen by controlling the narrative.....Make a slight criticism and you are blocked as the other person has said. Soon as Trend following did not work ....he was jumping to lifestyle coaching ! then he has jumped to now 'stock picks' .....he was even at one time advising on the italy 40, i done this and lost a ton. He tries to make out you just enter this c/over and you make a ton. BS. He knows it thats why he does not do it !

Last edited:
The man is a fraudster, there's no way he can honestly believe that what he is doing for trading beginners is genuine. I suffered a fairly significant loss on a trade because it gapped past my stop and shared it on his Facebook group simply as a warning, there was no criticism of him at all yet I still got hit with the ban stick immediately. He's a born loser.