NASDAQ through Self-Select ISA

rda

'Evening,

I'm new here and wondered if someone could point me towards some information or a thread because I'm not exactly coming up trumps.

I'm looking to invest in growth stocks via a self-select ISA because of the tax benefits. Been testing my NYSE and NASDAQ stock picking for a month or two and am now ready to take the dive, just having trouble finding someone who provides what I need:

comdirect only offer NASDAQ and NYSE quoted stocks that are included on the LSE's International Retail Service and I can't see any of my picks on there;
I'm waiting for idealing to come back on the same issue but their trading day is only 14.45 to 16.30.

Anyone able to suggest someone who can offer a full complement of instruments on these exchanges or perhaps an alternative tax-efficient way to invest in growth stocks on them

Cheers.

Thanks for the link.

OK, I'm not too proud to ask. What are you trying to imply with the chart, that the US is over-leveraged and correction's on the way?

Hi don't know, but have you asked etrade?

I know they deal in US stock and they can provide ISA wrappers, I don't know if you can put the two together or not. You could maybe give them a call.

https://uk.etrade.com

Another thing you might want to concider is Spread betting, right now there is not Tax to pay and no capped limit like ISA's have - just a thought.

spreadbetting and yes you can short too ;)

Oh I am a bull at heart.. just I play longs and shorts depending on which way the market goes

Wasn't at the very sharpest end but was working for a Bull in 2000....

Just on that chart alone, what is the thing that makes you think March '05 is any different to, say, Feb '03?

Spread betting would deny me any benefit from corporate actions, though. Still 5% dividend versus 22.5% tax... I'd heard wide spreads were a problem here, though.

Briefing.com
Confirmed reports midday that samples from a Pentagon mail facility tested positive for Anthrax also added to the eroding interest for equities and assisted in a negative reversal in market internals that never recovered... Fed Chairman Greenspan's warning that rising budget deficits posed a major threat to economic expansion, as "the federal budget is on an unsustainable path," also added a sense of nervousness

As for chart of S&P, yes it is bearish....look at long term and watch out for longs!

Nasdaq... I shorted it end of Dec and am rolling it over in the next day or so

Incidentally I was long on the Naz before that :) for about 6 months...or therabouts

Hi, Racer:

What vehicle are you using to short the Nasdaq? Are you short selling the QQQQ, buying puts, or doing something else?

On a related noted, I'm watching the Dow Jones Index. If and when it hits 11,000, I plan on buying some cheap, out of the money DIA or SPY puts.

Cheers....