Michaeal Jackson & You - Do you Feel A Loss ?

Michaeal Jackson & You - Do you Feel A Loss ?

• Yes I do in some way.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • No I do not.

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters

Hip Hop

This is a an event, which to me, and within me, triggers a feeling of loss, grief, sadness and feelings that maybe I , as a lone individual, should of sent Michael some sort of support when the world was or seemed hell bent on hounding him down .

I look at it and , being aware to observe personal feelings of any guilt "I" may feel in the situation, and sense "why didn't I speak up ?", "Why didn't I show my appreciation to him directly?"

I can only see this now after the event of tragic loss, and hope that I have awareness to act in the future before suffering of loss is felt again.

What I experience from this, or feel my self saying , is that I should perhaps make greater effort to let other people know what I feel about them / or the situation in its immediacy.

How do you feel about it ?

Hip Hop.

Too much media outpourings over basically some bloke who made a load of records......he didn't cure cancer or anything, sure he didn't really deserve a minutes silence on congress

How do you feel about the innocents continuing to be slaughtered in Darfur?
Or the repression in Iran?
Or real suffering, not some bleeding "celebrity".
Not sure if the OP isn't a wind up.

How do you feel about the innocents continuing to be slaughtered in Darfur?
Or the repression in Iran?
Or real suffering, not some bleeding "celebrity".
Not sure if the OP isn't a wind up.

Regardless of the OP....what the ???? is going on when he gets a minutes silence in congress but they dont honour all the soldiers dying every day in these wars (right or wrong doesn't matter, the soldiers just doing their job) or the policeman who got shot last night doing his job etc...........total hero worship

Last edited:
The only loss I feel is the loss of my time reading endless drivel about how great he was.

And the only people I feel sorry for are the ones that were owed money by the man.

A child molester who made a few good records and a lot of bad ones died of a drug induced heart attack. End of news. Move on.

Not a fan of his music. Always bad when someone dies but really can't stand the commercial pop cheeze that spew from the likes of him, Madonna, Prince, Vanilla Ice, Puff Widdly, Poop Doggy Bog, Lily Allen, Lady Gag-her, Blur, Sugarcat Dolls, Spice That, etc. Sure, you probably hate the music I love; I'm happy with that.

As for his paedo tendencies, I believe he was found to be innocent.

he made thriller, man, thriller..

anyways, once the media is done with their field day everything will be back to normal..

I do hope im not an psychopath for not having any feelings what so ever about this.
Even tho i had some of his music on casette back in the days everyone is a MJ fan today.. where were you yesterday?

I'm definitely no fan. I do have Bad on cassette (bought as a birthday present... I felt quite insulted at the time). Reckon I should bung it on ebay and make a few quid? BIN price £500.

I was surprised. I'd always thought he was a brilliant performer, probably based on "Thriller". But last night I watched an hour show of him and, by the end, I'd had enough.

I thought that his dance routine was repetitive and his singing mediocre.

lol i actually don't know what is wrong with all the fools on these threads. no respect for a man who has just died. you don't have to like his music or anything but at least have some respect. And spitlink, if his singing was mediocre and his dance routine was repetitive, he wouldn't have sold 65million in his career. Why all the hatred for someone you didn't even know, world is full of too many dumbers i.e shadowninja putting MJ in same category as vanilla ice, have you actually got any brains or sense of reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
M J was the business as far as my departed daughter was concerned....she never made her third birthday and was in a terrible state in the final 9 months, virtually hospitalized due to various failed bone marrow treatments. Her musical appreciation was heightened due to the fact that visually and in lots of other ways she was deficient and with mobility severely restricted...Music played a very big part in her life and she loved nothing better than singing along with all the eewwee's and agghhs to M J's songs.

Osteopetrosis Support Trust - Home

Some people don't know how lucky they are :)

Last edited:
Some people don't know how lucky they are :)

CV,

And that, to my mind, is the point. Regardless of what we think we know about the man, or understand we don't know and probably never will, to deny the effect that his creative output has had on hundreds of millions of people's lives is rather foolish.

I think your memories serve as a touching and meaningful tribute to the man's impact on the world. Thankyou.

lol i actually don't know what is wrong with all the fools on these threads. no respect for a man who has just died. you don't have to like his music or anything but at least have some respect. And spitlink, if his singing was mediocre and his dance routine was repetitive, he wouldn't have sold 65million in his career, dumbass. Why all the hatred for someone you didn't even know, world is full of too many dumb f***s i.e shadowninja putting MJ in same category as vanilla ice, have you actually got any brains or sense of reality. wa**er

:rolleyes:

Learn to read.

....the fact that 1 in 3 people feel some affect by his passing is in fact quite remarkable...although the poll size is obviously not that great before some smart **** obviously bleats on about it "not being statistically significant....blah blah blah"....boring :sleep:...anyway...that equates to a shed load world wide....just curious to all those who are making assumptions and equally dismissive of his obvious talents...how many people have you had a postive impact on?...how many people will even care if you snuffed it now?

p.s. i hope people arnt as emphatic with there trading views based upon news gossip as they seem to be with celebrity news.

(directed at no one in particular and equally a reminder to myself)

Last edited:
If that is to me, then that isn't relevant. I'm allowed to dislike his music, am I not? Am I not allowed to not rate it? Equally, you're allowed to dislike the music I enjoy.

Name calling (I know you didn't) is tantamount to forcing people to follow your beliefs or risk being ridiculed.

p.s. i hope people arnt as emphatic with there trading views based upon news gossip as they seem to be with celebrity news. ?

(Requoted as I see you've amended your post)

I prefer to form my own opinions. I prefer to do my own research and decide things for myself. I don't like people giving trading tips or their thoughts on where a market is going. You've met me; you must realise I'm a bit different.

In any case, using your argument, if I were to follow celebrity news, surely I'd be saying how wonderful he is, how his music affected my life and how amazing his music is, even if I thought otherwise.

To repeat, as people don't seem to be reading my original post: I dislike his music but I think he is innocent of the child abuse accusations. And every death is unfortunate.

Last edited:
Me? I prefer to form my own opinions. I prefer to do my own research and decide things for myself. I don't like people giving trading tips or their thoughts on where a market is going. You've met me; you must realise I'm a bit different.

In any case, using your argument, if I were to follow celebrity news, surely I'd be saying how wonderful he is, how his music affected my life and how amazing his music is, even if I thought otherwise.

To repeat, as people don't seem to be reading my original post: I dislike his music but I think he is innocent of the child abuse accusations. And every death is unfortunate.

Shadow,

Sorry to butt in, but I don't believe anything was directed at you personally (at least the way I read it). It simply seems to me that whether I like MJ is just as inconsequential as whether you dislike him or whether CV likes/dislikes him. It isn't about personal taste or even whether you or I believe or don't believe he was a creative talent of the magnitide that is rarely seen.

It's simply about acknowledging the effect that the man's creative output had on so many many people (as so poignantly illustrated by CV), or at least, not disrespecting that.

I believe that the world was indeed a better place for MJ having lived in it since I can't think of many people, young or old, who don't have some memory, some emotion or some moment of inspiration, that is connected in some way with one of his songs.