Michaeal Jackson & You - Do you Feel A Loss ?

Michaeal Jackson & You - Do you Feel A Loss ?

• Yes I do in some way.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • No I do not.

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
Do i feel a loss? Not really, no. Jokes aside, i think it's sad, he was a great artist and performer, but his music will carry his memory on. Jacko wasn't really one of my personal favourites, but i think his best song was, Man In The Mirror, quite poignant really.

Yes, I feel a serious loss. I don't see the Ayatolla on the news as much as I used to.

but i think his best song was, Man In The Mirror, quite poignant really.

Very.

Brilliant song, thanks for the reminder. Hadn't listened to that in yonks. One Day In Your Life for me is a much simpler song that always invoked fond memories. Obviously from a very different time in his life and mine. Was watching World's Greatest Musical Prodigies on Channel 4 this morning and something the Chinese boy's teacher said reminded me of a quote:

"The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone." George Eliot (1819 - 1880).

Very.

Brilliant song, thanks for the reminder. Hadn't listened to that in yonks. One Day In Your Life for me is a much simpler song that always invoked fond memories. Obviously from a very different time in his life and mine. Was watching World's Greatest Musical Prodigies on Channel 4 this morning and something the Chinese boy's teacher said reminded me of a quote:

"The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone." George Eliot (1819 - 1880).

No probs. I've just been listening to it myself, forgot how good it was. Thanks for the rep.(y)

lol i actually don't know what is wrong with all the fools on these threads. no respect for a man who has just died. you don't have to like his music or anything but at least have some respect. And spitlink, if his singing was mediocre and his dance routine was repetitive, he wouldn't have sold 65million in his career. Why all the hatred for someone you didn't even know, world is full of too many dumbers i.e shadowninja putting MJ in same category as vanilla ice, have you actually got any brains or sense of reality.

I didn't hate the man! My word, you give him more credit than he deserves. I could not be bothered to hate him. I, also, prefaced my statement with the words "I thought", which only expressed a personal opinion.

I can assure you that I liked "Thriller". However, once seen, he never showed me a dance routine that was much different and he had a very immature voice (Whoops---I thought). :D

They’re Dead, Thank God - By Eileen Jones - The eXiled

I just saw an article headlined, “Michael Jackson Dead Too Soon at 50.” Dead too soon, you sadists? The more fitting headline, if you have any heart at all, is “Michael Jackson Dead Not a Moment Too Soon”! Because if ever there was a merciful release, for him and the whole wide world, this was it.

Jackson was about to start a big concert tour when blessed cardiac arrest came to the rescue. Why are we not all cheering whatever combination of drugs helped the miserable no-nosed sod out of this mortal coil? Can you imagine the ongoing carny freak show that was about to ensue? Frail, pale Jackson with a face like the Phantom of the Opera desperately moonwalking from city to city to pay off his 400 million dollar debt? And those gangs of pitifully weird fans, also aging in ghastly ways, turning out to watch, as if the International Association of Mental Institutions had all released their patients simultaneously for the occasion?

It’s monstrous, lamenting Jackson’s death, wishing him back in his bleached body and up on a stage somewhere wearing a glitter glove and grabbing his skeletal crotch. All that guff from people like Quincy Jones, who ought to know better, saying he had so much more to give. Nobody ever saw such a used-up husk of a person, such a walking corpse, as Michael Jackson.

They’re Dead, Thank God - By Eileen Jones - The eXiled

Cloud,

It's one thing to have, and express one's own opinions, even in a discussion in which they are completely irrelevant (that includes mine by the way). It's something completely different to mindlessly regurgitate someone else's inconsequential drivel as if one can't even be bothered (if you can't be bothered, simply don't bother). It is the act of a coward and above all shows a complete lack of sensitivity towards the one or two touching thoughts/recollections that have been expressed on this thread.

Splitlink. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

It's something completely different to mindlessly regurgitate someone else's inconsequential drivel as if one can't even be bothered

wordy wordy wordy

i took an article and posted it on a forum. it has been known.

Cloud,

It's one thing to have, and express one's own opinions, even in a discussion in which they are completely irrelevant (that includes mine by the way). It's something completely different to mindlessly regurgitate someone else's inconsequential drivel as if one can't even be bothered (if you can't be bothered, simply don't bother). It is the act of a coward and above all shows a complete lack of sensitivity towards the one or two touching thoughts/recollections that have been expressed on this thread.

I found it a very reasonable article. It was obvious enough that M.J was not going to live to be 90. Farah was famous because she was pretty and it is sad that she has died of cancer, but she had very little talent. I knew neither of these people personally and the views expressed were objectively written.

Cloud,

The last thing I am is ashamed of myself. There is no reason to be. One only has to look at Michael Jackson to know that there was something weird about him. He may have been the nicest man on earth but if I had met him on a moonlit night he would have scared me out of my skin. He was not born like that, he did it to himself in stupid operations.

It seems to me that it is a case of the Emperor who had no clothes. Everyone says how great he is until someone comes along and says the truth.

Last edited:
M J was the business as far as my departed daughter was concerned....she never made her third birthday and was in a terrible state in the final 9 months, virtually hospitalized due to various failed bone marrow treatments. Her musical appreciation was heightened due to the fact that visually and in lots of other ways she was deficient and with mobility severely restricted...Music played a very big part in her life and she loved nothing better than singing along with all the eewwee's and agghhs to M J's songs.

Osteopetrosis Support Trust - Home

Some people don't know how lucky they are :)

I feel for you in your loss and suffering and for your little girl.
May she rest in peace.
Richard

Hi, counter_violent

I'm very sorry about your daughter. If I had seen your post it would have influenced my posts in that I would not have written them.

However, my opinion of MJ is unaltered and I would not have written anything different.

The fact that he is dead makes no difference.

I'm sorry,

Split

It's ok guys...really :)

Whats fascinating about this thread are all those who perhaps feel a little uncomfortable about posting anything or are sufficiently unsure of their ground so as not to post and perhaps make an ass of themselves and those who secretly may have changed their minds about the relevance of MJ in peoples lives....but who will not be seen as weak and actually posting that they may now see things differently.

None of it matters....just reflect quietly and make sure that something is learned from all your/our/others experiences. Be true to yourselves :)

i feel a loss as MJ was my favourite artist, my favourite song in the world is by MJ. he is the only artist i could never tire of hearing over and over again..deffo my desert island disc.

he was the greatest artist to have ever lived, end of.

There's a lot of Elvis fans out there that would disagree with your last statement.

Personally anything pre 1991 => great, post 1991 => rubbish.

Is it a shame he died, yes, just like every person in the worlds passing... will the world lose out, not IMO, and thats what negates most forum discussions like this, it is all in ones own opinion.

No, exactly the opposite is true! Sorry, but cultural or any other relativism doesn't butter any parsnips for me, and I hope it's much the same for many others here who frequent these boards and contribute from time to time.

So, I'm sorry hear about the price Jackson may have believed he was compelled to pay to sate whatever his fans demanded of or from him, but then maybe the whole thing was entirely make believe. So, where was Tinker belle when he needed her....

Cheers

Mayfly

as a lone individual, should of sent Michael some sort of support when the world was or seemed hell bent on hounding him down .

Maybe, just maybe if you had sent that support message he might have been here today? Sadly, in these very very troubled times we'll never know.

But I'd like to think your message would have made a difference and he'd still br alive because then I wouldn't have had to rebate my friend £1,000 (£650 profit) because I sold my tickets to her and now the lowlife pedo freak ain't with us :)

PS. Grow up, unless you're a troll :)