Metastock 9.0...EOD data update

Doe anyone know how to create a directory of securities (with a valid master file) from a saved exploration?

I have about 1300 stocks in my 'securities' folder and this is whht I scan with explorer. One of the scans generates a list of around 250 stocks whichh I have saved as an exploration in favorites but I understand it saves a list but not the data files themselves with a 'Master' file for the 250 stock list which is what i need to use Quickchart program to flip through them rapidly. any ideas? Will Downloader effect this conversion if I use it properly. Will Metaload do this?

i "think" i know what you mean mokwit , it's been a while but i believe you can mouse right click , and or also use cntrl + an arrow key to highlight in explorer said securities then "copy" from the right click menu , to a file which you have "previousley" created.

Henry, thanks, tried it but it seems it only allows the creation of a new "favourites' file from which I am not aware of any way of creating an actual list of physical data files which can be saved into another directory and accessed by another program. Thanks once again for reply though.

speculator said:
A query for the experts, i have read all of the EOD data update threads on the board and wonder if anyone has tried www.eoddata.com , i currently use PRESTEL and Metaload to update my files daily.

I am looking for an alternative option to update my files

As i use Metaload i assume the data will need to be in a specific format for metaload and wondered wether anyone had got a daily update working off of the internet with Metaload.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Hello!

So basically, what is the difference between eoddata.com and the payable Reuters EOD DataLink?

I´m in the process of buying MetaStock 9.1, but I don´t want the DataLink subscription yet, since I would like to learn the software and technical analysis in general for a while.

Thanks!

OK, I did a little research (as if I could not done it before ;) ) and now I know what is the difference.

With the DataLink you have also the historical price data delivered (for 5 years) while the EODData delivers data for only 1 month. Thats basically it.

is malaysia data availble at there currently looking for free data , last time there is few from some side i know but now no already

i dont see any malysia stock at edodata.com ,

it have it at databull but is only trail. haizzzz

Last edited: