Message For Ftse Traders......

I do, I use Lloyds TSB, but I might use iii instead ( I think they're part of the Halifax). Who do you use now?

edit: Lloyds fees are £15 a trade, plus SD, whereas iii is £10 plus SD. iii have a system, where they bulk buy shares, at regular intervals, to cut down fees. Useful, if you're not in a hurry to buy on a specific day.

I use HL Vantage which is v good for funds but share dealing charges are on the high side. While I'm not going to day trade shares, I may well swing trade them so I need good fees. Also the bulk buy is no use as I will need to trade at specific points.

Etrade charge a flat £8.95 per trade I believe (and £6.95 for 30+ per quarter, which is just over 2 trades per week) but I don't know anyone who uses them.

I use HL Vantage which is v good for funds but share dealing charges are on the high side. While I'm not going to day trade shares, I may well swing trade them so I need good fees. Also the bulk buy is no use as I will need to trade at specific points.

Etrade charge a flat £8.95 per trade I believe (and £6.95 for 30+ per quarter, which is just over 2 trades per week) but I don't know anyone who uses them.

Have you read Marc Rivallands Swing Trading book. I recommend it, it's very good IMO.

FTSE has fallen asleep... zzz zzz

OK guys I'm calling it a night...........

leaving all my positions open and will check them at midnight.......

Short FTSE - stop loss 3885
short S&P - left for long term
Long Gold - amened to break even at 738!!

just checked my iphone ........

market being obliterated as I type on this device..... 3800 here we come!!

Oooh boy, I just can't wait for Rio tinto to gap down tomorrow......

Oh yes, far too soon!

We're right back at the 3820 - 3830 mark, which is the key base trend line for the whole rally of some months. Unless I have my trend lines drawn incorrectly?

I have been shorting from 770 regions to upper 760 region.........stop loss 800!!

Flipped mine to a short position on the FTSE about 15 minutes ago as a hedge against late afternoon chop. Doesn't look like that will happen now.

I'll see you in Rio if they try and fade the gap tomorrow :LOL:

Seeing as how you are all generous to share your FTSE trades here, I'll make a quick disclosure - all prices are FTSE Futures:

Aggregate short from today: 3880
Target 1: 3790
Target 2: 3650
Stop: 4000

This is a multi day swing trade based on the double top at 3930 and subsequent price action. The other indicators I'm using are the Russell, a leading indicator that looks like death and the NDX which was holding the market up and is now technically quite weak. I'll scale in and out of the position at areas like Wednesday's low, the 5 day MA at 3855 and the VWAP as it develops. If the market tells me to dump the whole thing I'll be gone from it. That's the plan anyway.

So, an early good morning to you all. Many thanks for sharing your trades and the bit of banter. I'll do my best to reciprocate (y)

Hi guys missed out on the evening looks like you guys had some fun!
See you in the morning guys!

OK guys I'm calling it a night...........

leaving all my positions open and will check them at midnight.......

Short FTSE - stop loss 3885
short S&P - left for long term
Long Gold - amened to break even at 738!!

profit taken on all trades

S&P another Guzel profit......closed @ 753!!

FTSE closed @ 3825 over the phone when it was tanking...... 30 points!!

and last but not least GOLD.....$7 profit.... @ 845!!

so another good day again considering I hit my daily target before the opening bell

I am tempted not to trade again next week but i fear 3 weeks without proper disciplined trading will allow complacency to develop

as you may well have guessed..............long term for me = a few hours

Last edited:
Morning guys. Was out of office again yesterday so missed all the action. Looking forward to seeing how today pans out.

Morning guys, just took 35 points profit, and that is my current daily average and now I am offski!

Speak next week! Have a good one.