Message For Ftse Traders......

WS, I wonder if this could be the reverse of yesterday... ie, breakthrough key trend line, pull back, then plough on down further.

Could be a major Bull squeeze here?

yes possibly my friend ...........but that's why we have stop losses to protect our capital!!

this short meets all my normal trading plan criteria(not the crazy plan i have been trying for the last few days)

I was going to say that! Got tangled shorting s&p.. it hit its daily low, I reckon if it goes blow that theres not a huge amount of resistance left!

very true indeed........

i will be looking to take profits soon as you never know when some news release out of america sends the markets flying upwards.....usually the last hr of trading?

I have to pop out at 19.00 so I aim to close all trades before then

I have to go to whirling dervish ceremony every thursdays

very true indeed........

i will be looking to take profits soon as you never know when some news release out of america sends the markets flying upwards.....usually the last hr of trading?

I have to pop out at 19.00 so I aim to close all trades before then

I have to go to whirling dervish ceremony every thursdays

Also, as Sir William always says, don't forget the programmed trades......

Anyone on here actively trade shares via a self select ISA? I'm looking for an efficient broker if anyone has a suggestion... cheers

Jim

Anyone on here actively trade shares via a self select ISA? I'm looking for an efficient broker if anyone has a suggestion... cheers

Jim

I do, I use Lloyds TSB, but I might use iii instead ( I think they're part of the Halifax). Who do you use now?

edit: Lloyds fees are £15 a trade, plus SD, whereas iii is £10 plus SD. iii have a system, where they bulk buy shares, at regular intervals, to cut down fees. Useful, if you're not in a hurry to buy on a specific day.

Last edited:
OK guys I'm calling it a night...........

leaving all my positions open and will check them at midnight.......

Short FTSE - stop loss 3885
short S&P - left for long term
Long Gold - amened to break even at 738!!

OK guys I'm calling it a night...........

leaving all my positions open and will check them at midnight.......

Short FTSE - stop loss 3885
short S&P - left for long term
Long Gold - amened to break even at 738!!

Have a good evening!!You'll be pleased to know I'm long if we break 3882...