Message For Ftse Traders......

Looks like some good points have been taken today! I had to visit clients, so had to abandon trading for the afternoon. Seems my expectations of 3964 where a little high, we live and learn...

So, what now, Bull squeeze perhaps?

Looks like some good points have been taken today! I had to visit clients, so had to abandon trading for the afternoon. Seems my expectations of 3964 where a little high, we live and learn...

So, what now, Bull squeeze perhaps?

Think I may be looking at a bounce. looking to long soon

Attachments

• dow.jpg
    dow.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 88

Hi Madoff,
I'm no expert but it looks a little tenuous for a H&S. From a reversal point of view the failed retest between your head and right shoulder look like a stronger pattern to me.
Anyone more experienced care to comment?
KJ

My day's been a bit up and down. Couple of small losses, one larger one and some OK wins. I'm marginally up overall on the FTSE, but the most important thing for me is that I feel I followed my plan better than yesterday, even if I made less! I missed the bounce off the retest of the high due to a neighbour's crisis (how thoughtless) otherwise I could have bagged a better return overall - since my best trade of the day was the similar bounce earlier in the day that bagged me 43.

Maybe looking at a long soon :whistling

Okey dokes. There's a key trend line at 3860, which might give us a bounce. It's the one where door came of the hinges late last night :)

Yeah, there were 3 bounces of 3866 overnight and another just before 11am - seems like a hefty level

My day's been a bit up and down. Couple of small losses, one larger one and some OK wins. I'm marginally up overall on the FTSE, but the most important thing for me is that I feel I followed my plan better than yesterday, even if I made less! I missed the bounce off the retest of the high due to a neighbour's crisis (how thoughtless) otherwise I could have bagged a better return overall - since my best trade of the day was the similar bounce earlier in the day that bagged me 43.

Maybe looking at a long soon :whistling

Sounds like a reasonable day to me. And damn those neighbours! Send them them a bill! :LOL:

Okey dokes. There's a key trend line at 3860, which might give us a bounce. It's the one where door came of the hinges late last night :)

Yep!! But seems so be fluctuating around 10points right now. Am now long at 3880 looking for 3900 stop loss at 3865.

Viks

Yeah, there were 3 bounces of 3866 overnight and another just before 11am - seems like a hefty level

Yes, good point.

I am long at 3881.. another rubbish entry I fear! Might have gone too early, if indeed there is a long to be had. SL 3864

Sounds like a reasonable day to me. And damn those neighbours! Send them them a bill! :LOL:

You know when someone says "You're not busy are you" and it isn't a question, well that's my neighbour. Mind you I borrow his hose for my car and garden (we're on a meter - damn old people we bought from) so I can't argue too much.

Just rechecked and I'm up something like 35 pts up so better than I thought & pretty much in line with yesterday iirc. Missing that bounce must have messed with my head! :eek:

I just went long at 3870....

The ftse is really banging that 3866 level. Half tempted to jump in long - but I've been burned too much by it today.

Try trading RIO off 15 minute chart breaks of Inside bar. Seems to work OK over last few weeks
:)

I'll get a look at that. I just find that it trends nicely intraday. It'll be a nice short at that uptrend on the daily though.

Anyway, back to my SPX short. If the support at 765 area gives it could get interesting.

I'll get a look at that. I just find that it trends nicely intraday. It'll be a nice short at that uptrend on the daily though.

Anyway, back to my SPX short. If the support at 765 area gives it could get interesting.

I have been shorting from 770 regions to upper 760 region.........stop loss 800!!