Message For Ftse Traders......

JP morgan reporting tomorrow, anything less than $0.00 a share, and the market will tank. Also have producer prices and jobless claims. For jobless claims consensus is 503K with continuing claims at 4620K. The U.S market will drive europe, unless trichet does something stupid tomorrow. So there decent enough news out there to short the FTSE with a tight stop

JP morgan reporting tomorrow, anything less than $0.00 a share, and the market will tank. Also have producer prices and jobless claims. For jobless claims consensus is 503K with continuing claims at 4620K. The U.S market will drive europe, unless trichet does something stupid tomorrow. So there decent enough news out there to short the FTSE with a tight stop
could be dangerous after yesterdays move

4100 held it again.this seems like a major support area ,while we build up for an inauguration day rally...????

4100 held it again.this seems like a major support area ,while we build up for an inauguration day rally...????

From a technical point of view, I'm seeing 4175 as support/resistance, and it's punched hard through that. Even if we call 4100 support, it pulled down to 4065.

My intuition still says it's dropped too far, too fast, though, and to expect a bounce today.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and would someone please bludgeon me for selling that option.

Edit2: Gyah, I meant the future, you meant the index. 4225 as S/R, and agree at 4100 for support, then. Sorry!

the s/r areas sound about right.there will be discrepancies as you are probably using candles and i am using p./f.the main thing is that the area is right

Morning all.

All looks a bit muddled so far today, resistance at 4160/5 (F) about the only fact to hang on to. I'm sitting on my hands waiting for a test of that level or for the picture to clear.

Ben

Hi,

Those using the p&f charts where you getting them from? I know the usual chart packages cqg etc, however I mainly use IG at the mo, so if anyone knows where you can get free live p&f charts, that would be useful.

I probably should be more patient but short at 4149, stop above that resistance.

dentist007 is clearly on a evangelical mission with thos p&f charts, clbfjc seems converted already :)

I probably should be more patient but short at 4149, stop above that resistance.

dentist007 is clearly on a evangelical mission with thos p&f charts, clbfjc seems converted already :)

Im less patient than you. It cant get above 4180 which seems to be the 23% fibonacci level, so I've shorted at 4170, stop at 4200. We'll see...

hi guys
Just got in from doing a job...what happened at 11.30?? futures shot up!

steve

I'm not sure (but it triggered my short!). There is though quite a bit of news about today (RIO.L, HOME.L) and, rather unprofessionally, I'm not sure of the exact timings etc.

Ben

11.30 we had JPM numbers, as for the others rio.l and home.l i think we have had home.l

and out at 4114 (F) which just met my minimum R:R. I'm going out for a bit now so you'll be pleased to get some peace and quiet without me.

Did very well last year trading index FTSE options, though i know its more to luck than skill as such, so i have hung up my option trading now and will join you guys with SB, have been tinkering with the idea for months now, have a dormant SB account to bring back to life first LOL

steve

No direction in the market, maybe jobless claims might give it a nudge. I am still bearish on the ftse, tomorrow the ban on short selling is also lifted, so going to be interesting if that has an impact on the market

minime69 - Thanks, yep it was JPM, that will teach me to have CBeebies on louder than Ransquawk!

wakka - you believe in fibs? We need more people like you then I can start using them :)

110 - 150 range until anything tells me different. I am so bored after yesterday's fireworks that I have even started trading USD/JPY!

I have to admit, they've got me curious. I've got a self-written tool chain though, so it'll have to wait until I have time to add them though...