Message For Ftse Traders......

tripleogstar: topspreadbets.com have just sent me an email to open a march sell on bg
£10 a penny.target 800.stop at 10033.
£620 is the risk
chart basis is that price has moved down to 200 day ma of 1080.they see a decline to the bottom of price channel..the october ascending price channel.also citing ,that a slow down in profits and the declining crude price
an interveiw on radio 4.somebody saying that gas prices follow crude by 6 months

thanks for the info mate, i'll keep that in mind, I am looking to wait for the inventory report tomorrow and see what happens with FTSE futures overnight and probably close out the position tomorrow.

thanks for the info mate, i'll keep that in mind, I am looking to wait for the inventory report tomorrow and see what happens with FTSE futures overnight and probably close out the position tomorrow.

Nice Divergence trade here. Long at 4315 and out for 10 points. (FTSE Cash)
DEAL 14/01/09 BWRUKYAD FTSE 100 Daily 14-JAN-09 4315.3 £ +25 4325.3 250.00

Attachments

• snapshot-68.png
    snapshot-68.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 123
Not that I'm bored, but... how's everyone's trading today? :)

Bored watching the money roll in. Have to learn to enjoy these days for all the choppy ones.

Ben

Edit: To be more useful,I'm getting out at the Dec 22 low but looking to short again on a bounce.

I'd stuck with it for 5 hours which is practically an investment for me!

Now wishing I had kept some open but it is difficult to complain on days like today. Looks like a break lower again now.

Not seen such a big range this year, i was beginning to think we were going back to 60-80 point ranges.

Not seen such a big range this year, i was beginning to think we were going back to 60-80 point ranges.

Agreed.

Trouble is I am now 'paralysed' as (a) I've made a decent amount and (b) My head is saying 'it can't go even lower' even though my strategy says it can.

So I'm watching "Countdown":)

5 mins later: Note to self... listen to the strategy!

Bored watching the money roll in. Have to learn to enjoy these days for all the choppy ones.

Alas, I kinda got out of the market so I could get some actual work done, on Friday, my pet option's value is soaring above where I sold.

Important part of course is whether I can do this tomorrow, not how well I did today. Keep telling myself that...

Anyone got any good advice on knowing when to get out of a trade? :-D

Alas, I kinda got out of the market so I could get some actual work done, on Friday, my pet option's value is soaring above where I sold.

Important part of course is whether I can do this tomorrow, not how well I did today. Keep telling myself that...

Anyone got any good advice on knowing when to get out of a trade? :-D

Regular Bullish Divergence on 10 and 5 min chart (FTSE Cash)

What about the Obama bounce?

IMHO, delusional optimism. Obama isn't going to come in and wave a magic wand, make everything better. He hopefully will start unscrewing the mess the economy is in, but it'll take years/decades, not weeks/months.