Message For Ftse Traders......

Very true :(

Did something specific happen at 11am, BTW, anyone? The market seems to have decided where it was going at that point...

Nothing was due, on the Economic calander, i only trade the daily market, is there any expiry on Futures etc?

Quiet isn't it (apart from the sound of my daughter throwing up)?

I'm short off 205(F) with a stop above the day's high.

Back to nursing for me...

carrot soup for lunch then?

I sold this trading lark to my other half on the basis of 'think how flexible I can be with childcare etc'. I'm regretting that now!

She did throw up on the GP so I feel he is earning his £100kpa this week :)

The 80 -> 90 region looks like the knife-edge for my short.

Updated @ 13:45. And out for 30ish, just gets too congested any lower.

Last edited:
i oversold this trading lark to my misses, and she has not worked since 2000. :eek:

FWIW, and with my usual caveats, I'd concentrate on S/R based on price before worrying too much about fibs. On longer timescales they may become relevant, but intraday price tells you 90% of what you need to know.

It's easy to think that fibs work as calculating them from small moves produces a shed load of levels in a relatively small area of price, one of them is bound to work!

Ben

I hear what your saying. Maybe I've been over focussing on them. Intraday price doesn't seem to tell me much at the minute, which is why i like Fibs, they seem to make things a bit clearer...

i oversold this trading lark to my misses, and she has not worked since 2000. :eek:

:) Bad move my friend!

I am so thankful that my gf had/has a decent job as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to 'take the plunge' into trading. For the first 18 months I would have been living under the bridge without her income.

I'm an uncomplicated 'S/R+trend' kind of person so I'm not liking today,much to muddled.

14:25 long off 4163 (prior good support) but absolutely no idea where to get out

Last edited:
:) Bad move my friend!

I am so thankful that my gf had/has a decent job as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to 'take the plunge' into trading. For the first 18 months I would have been living under the bridge without her income.

I'm an uncomplicated 'S/R+trend' kind of person so I'm not liking today,much to muddled.

14:25 long off 4163 (prior good support) but absolutely no idea where to get out

if your futures have moved similar to FTSE Cash Nice Trade!!

sorry, i was looking at 15:25

It was a bad trade (I blame it on lack of concentration), got out with small loss. However, 15:25 was a good trade, simple support/resistance for 40 points.

The candle at 3:05 was a good signal as well.

Glad I don't use indicators:)

It was a bad trade (I blame it on lack of concentration), got out with small loss. However, 15:25 was a good trade, simple support/resistance for 40 points.

The candle at 3:05 was a good signal as well.

Glad I don't use indicators:)

i only trade on Divergence, usually off good swing points. However on the 5 min daily chart it was support around 4180 and moved 30 points.

i only trade on Divergence, usually off good swing points. However on the 5 min daily chart it was support around 4180 and moved 30 points.

post a chart if you can please, i am trying to get to grips wih this divergence.

I consider your style of trading one of the lesser forms of evil :)

If the daily low doesn't hold then I end the week with a loss. Thank <deity of choice> for Wednesday!

Have a good weekend all.

Ben

UPDATE: Yep stopped out. I always take a bit (aka "part close" ) on the inevitable (well 70+% confidence) bounce from the support , so that eased the pain but still a losing trade.

Attachments

• snapshot-69.png
    snapshot-69.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 131
I consider your style of trading one of the lesser forms of evil :)

If the daily low doesn't hold then I end the week with a loss. Thank <deity of choice> for Wednesday!

Have a good weekend all.

Ben

UPDATE: Yep stopped out. I always take a bit (aka "part close" ) on the inevitable (well 70+% confidence) bounce from the support , so that eased the pain but still a losing trade.

Why is that (the evil thing)

Very true :(

Did something specific happen at 11am, BTW, anyone? The market seems to have decided where it was going at that point...

Earnings figures for Citi and Bank of America where released at that time

Why is that (the evil thing)

I'm not being 100% serious, although admittedly that isn't always obvious until they invent a font to denote it, I am just bitter and twisted because I wasted months on indicators before realising they were not compulsory and that, for me, price is enough.

At least divergence is theoretically telling you something that isn't immediately obvious from the price. Hence it is not quite such an evil :)

Ben