Mentoring offered

smokenfx you clearly should avoid options as prices fluctuate by the nano second you can never calculate anything of relevance. You will not find mis-pricing and algo systems trawl for them and frequently try to mirror my trades,bless their pointy little heads. There is some great software if you want to do that stuff,but I just make a living and want others to do the same.
Incidentally I don't mean Black Scholes is 'bs' it is referred to as the BS formula,and I have profound respect for those guys,even though Myron nearly destroyed the world with LTCM

What about the destruction few years ago (March 2010)?

Is that to be expected again (part of the strategy) or was it a temporary 12 months' system failure?

Unfortunatelly there is not enough information for me to consider the offer

Best wishes

most people are not like me... they do not have it in em to be stupd about details like i do...
As an Options trader, if you want to succeed, you MUST keep it simple.

Sorry to butt in on your post Windlesham1 but good luck with your idea of Mentoring. I was where you are at now 3 years ago and I am sure it will be a long road, but a rewarding road if you are genuinely interested in peoples success.

Hi,been busy but I think I should point out that I am looking to mentor people who I can see fairly locally. I would expect to see an account size of £25k,but don't worry there's zero chance of losing £25k. I would want people to understand fully what they are doing. I thought I did and spent 2 years catching up against a rising market.
I don't have to worry about which way the market is going so long as it stays within ±7% or so each month,and my own style produces bigger profits when the market does make bigger moves.
Have a look at monthly ftse100 data on Yahoo and see how little it moves each month to month while bumping around in a range.
I expect to have risk around 350 points above the index and up to 500 points below.

Is your strategy just to sell out of the money puts/calls?

I've seen so many people use this strategy and they 'think' their making bucket loads of cash only to get annihilated in one sharp move. I've known guys who know about the tail risk probability of getting destroyed yet can't help themselves leveraging themselves up and making bling bling money month after month, telling themselves they'll cut their losses when it all goes pear shaped.

Never happens :cool:

i appreciate your contribution, but i already have a mentor, and i do not need another, but thank you for the offer.

have a nice day.

zero/.

I hope you didn't take my message as an offer to mentor you? That was not the case I was just stating that to succeed one needs to keep trading simple.

Is your strategy just to sell out of the money puts/calls?

I've seen so many people use this strategy and they 'think' their making bucket loads of cash only to get annihilated in one sharp move. I've known guys who know about the tail risk probability of getting destroyed yet can't help themselves leveraging themselves up and making bling bling money month after month, telling themselves they'll cut their losses when it all goes pear shaped.

Never happens :cool:
I have been trading for 13 years,and I am not interested in selling a system or strategy or entering into conversations with crackpots who doubtless never make any money but choose to troll sites like this. I am......... m e n t o r i n g option traders. It is not about education,people do that themselves. I am really tired of the inanity of Trade2win guys, sorry.
I am only interested in real people who wish to trade options for a real living,and nobody needs complex quant style maths for that

this reminds me of those idiots that trade fx using some pivot point nonsense junk numbers that they calculate using some stupd calculator that they found on the web... oh my gawd.

and this is the forex pivot point calculator equivalent, i am guessing, to mr mentor's online bs calculator...

Pivot Point Calculator

he does not take his work seriously.

happy trading,

for me...

zero/.

http://smoknfx.com
If you are so clever why does your link just show a few losing trades genius?
You have no idea what trading is about,and I doubt you actually have made money. I have been posting my real trades on another site for several years along with other profitable options traders,so please if you are so clever,show us your alleged billions. Offer something positive.
You still have no idea what you are on about do you?
What on earth do you need your own calculations for? To trade your mum's fifty dollar account?

I have been trading for 13 years,and I am not interested in selling a system or strategy or entering into conversations with crackpots who doubtless never make any money but choose to troll sites like this. I am......... m e n t o r i n g option traders. It is not about education,people do that themselves. I am really tired of the inanity of Trade2win guys, sorry.
I am only interested in real people who wish to trade options for a real living,and nobody needs complex quant style maths for that

W

why are you bothering ?....seriously ?

T2W is now becoming a zoo...worst i've seen it for a long time with a lot of banned people returning to the fold and acting like kids.....

and the Newbies are not prepared to spend even 5 minutes educating themselves ...let alone the 5-10+ years most traders need to become profitable and serious....

I actually understand where you are coming from ...but to be honest why not spend time making money trading and then use the downtime to do something more fun or enriching with your time

I find more recently that "rapping" with the current new batch of losers is both distracting and non profitable to me so am winding things down a litttle

regards:smart:
Neil

W

why are you bothering ?....seriously ?

T2W is now becoming a zoo...worst i've seen it for a long time with a lot of banned people returning to the fold and acting like kids.....

and the Newbies are not prepared to spend even 5 minutes educating themselves ...let alone the 5-10+ years most traders need to become profitable and serious....

I actually understand where you are coming from ...but to be honest why not spend time making money trading and then use the downtime to do something more fun or enriching with your time

I find more recently that "rapping" with the current new batch of losers is both distracting and non profitable to me so am winding things down a litttle

regards:smart:
Neil
I have not used this site for a while and thought there may be some fresh faces in genuine quest to become full time traders. I was lucky having a big enough pot to start with,but I think it can be done with about £25k. On that basis I would like to establish a group of 15 to 20 traders all in touch all making money and being supportive,like you'd expect at big firm(really?).
I'm tired of the city financially raping the populus and coining £9 billion in fees for being useless. Professional money managers may actually be a menace to the economy.
Trading for me is 5% education 95% psychology,and it's hard doing it alone.

Hi Windlesham,

I am really a rookie at this stage, but committed+eager to read, learn stuff, devise my own trading plan/strategy and hopefully not loose money :). Am very much interested in having a mentor from whom I could pick things. Please PM me if you wish to take it further.

Thanks

YWWF

I have not used this site for a while and thought there may be some fresh faces in genuine quest to become full time traders. I was lucky having a big enough pot to start with,but I think it can be done with about £25k. On that basis I would like to establish a group of 15 to 20 traders all in touch all making money and being supportive,like you'd expect at big firm(really?).
I'm tired of the city financially raping the populus and coining £9 billion in fees for being useless. Professional money managers may actually be a menace to the economy.
Trading for me is 5% education 95% psychology,and it's hard doing it alone.

Hi Windlesham,

I am really a rookie at this stage, but committed+eager to read, learn stuff, devise my own trading plan/strategy and hopefully not loose money :). Am very much interested in having a mentor from whom I could pick things. Please PM me if you wish to take it further.

Thanks

YWWF

I thought you said you DIDN'T want to lose money. You just lost money by falling for some promise of easy riches from some guy on the Internet.

How can anybody make out the diff between somebody getting a free of charge, trading group helping hand meeting club and somebody claiming to know "how to make consistant profits by" based on half cooked idea like Coverd call writing
As soon as someone says I wil mentor you.. no matter how genuine he/she is people have a right to ask the following Qeestion"
Ok Mr So you claim to " know" so how about showing that you have realy made money by risking your own money via Broker statements"
You can't blame or dismiss this question
There are lot of snake oil salespeople out there
Many hiding under "We are educators" "not advisors" but at the end of the day they are advicing ...peopl e can loos real money by blindly believeing in such a things worst of that person is seling the "Money making system"

...people can loos real money by blindly believeing in such a things worst of that person is seling the "Money making system"

People can and will lose money regardless. Even if they have proven themselves in Virtual the transition to Live will still cost you some trades through psychological downfalls.
There is only so much someone can teach someone, the main reason I see people failing or losing money is because of a simple lack of hours put into trading. I call them 'hobby traders' pretending to be fulltime traders and for this reason they stumble. There is a lot to be said about someone that pays their dues through time.

I'm 24, I have studied Natan Sheldenberg's book 'Option Volatility and Pricing' in detail. And thus know, at least academically speaking, option pricing and hedging strategies in good detail.

I have left my previous position in a market research agency (to go travelling) and now I am back looking for a new career in trading.

Realistically, I do not have an account to trade with, I don't come from a rich family. But maybe,W, you might be interested in mentoring a young person who is committed to making a career out of this.

I have been applying to hedgefunds and prop firms recently (though I am not sure how much luck I will have with the current climate).

Even if it is simple advice, and maybe some informal chats, I think I'd find it very useful and interesting.

Let me know if this is something you might be interested in!

I'm 24, I have studied Natan Sheldenberg's book 'Option Volatility and Pricing' in detail. And thus know, at least academically speaking, option pricing and hedging strategies in good detail.

I have left my previous position in a market research agency (to go travelling) and now I am back looking for a new career in trading.

Realistically, I do not have an account to trade with, I don't come from a rich family. But maybe,W, you might be interested in mentoring a young person who is committed to making a career out of this.

I have been applying to hedgefunds and prop firms recently (though I am not sure how much luck I will have with the current climate).

Even if it is simple advice, and maybe some informal chats, I think I'd find it very useful and interesting.

Let me know if this is something you might be interested in!

Assuming no track record and no relevant qualifications (you dont mention any) then you're effectively asking this question...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/158578-job-professional-footballer-no-experience.html

and if you read between the lines you'll learn the value of mentoring, free or paid.

Assuming no track record and no relevant qualifications (you dont mention any) then you're effectively asking this question...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/158578-job-professional-footballer-no-experience.html

and if you read between the lines you'll learn the value of mentoring, free or paid.

That's understood. My qualifications are a dual honors from a top tier British university in economics and philosophy. Not entirely relevant, but they do show an aptitude for numbers and analytical thinking.

As for past track record, I have been using a virtual trading account for the past 5 months. However, it's a bit difficult to work on larger hedging portfolios without proper models (to measure your gamma exposure, how much theta you are paying etc - If i am wrong here, please do correct me, it would be a pleasure to learn :)