Medium-term Stock Spread Betting Journal

FTSE Position Closed

Limit order of 5822 hit, Just! I think I was a bit lucky there, but I placed it just above the S3 pivot level. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this market goes a lot lower still...

FTSE 5822 P/L: +£229

Open FTSE Position

Trying a mixed swing strategy here.

Long FTSE 5867, target 5917, stop 5817

FSTE Positions

Stopped out at 5817 for -£100

Opened new Long first thing at 5807, target 5907 stop 5757

New Position

Strong fundamentals and bounce from 50DMA.

MNDI.L 592 target: 700 stop: 562

FTSE Position

Playing bounce off of down trending DMA20

Short FTSE 5907 target 5857 stop 5957

New Position

Good fundamentals and swing low to DMA50

PSON.L 1126 target: 1300 stop: 1069

Current Positions

A great week account wise +34%!, but mainly due to some big winning FTSE bets. Hence I am going to breakdown my account stats at the bottom into Position trading and FTSE swing results, as currently my account performance greatly over states how mediocre my position trading is going YTD. It is not surprising really since the FTSE has been narrow ranging all year and that does not fit well with my Position trading strategy, but I know that, hence I am not too bothered. This is why i've been playing with some FTSE swing plays trying to play a strategy that works better in a ranging market.
Anyway, enough waffle..

HTML:
Long  MNZS.L age:  43 days  current:  531.2 (P/L:  0.6%) stop:  514.8
Long  AGK.L   age:  37 days  current: 1813.5 (P/L: 10.9%) stop: 1587.0
Long  DRX.L   age:  17 days  current:  460.7 (P/L:  1.5%) stop:  431.3
Long  CKSN.L  age:   3 days  current:  677.8 (P/L:  1.9%) stop:  631.0
Long  MNDI.L  age:   1 days  current:  604.2 (P/L:  2.1%) stop:  562.4
Long  PSON.L age:   0 days  current: 1127.0 (P/L:  0.1%) stop: 1069.0

Account: £1625 (YTD: +62.5%)
Position trading: +£25 (+2.5%)
FTSE swing: +£600 (+60%)

FTSE Position

Stopped out. Down trend line nicely broken though, so hopefully we could be in for a rally to 6100+.

FTSE 5957 P/L: -£100

FTSE Position

Well rather stupidly possibly I added to my FTSE when it dipped to 5968, for some I feel as though it must go higher. Basically, cnbc strategists are saying big correction coming, marketwatch says doom, trade2win sp500 at end of next week thread mostly says down, ... hence I bet up...! but hey it will probably drop like a stone tomorrow now i've said that!

FTSE 5968 stop 5937 target 6104

cnbc strategists are saying big correction coming,

Not many of them from what I've heard as they are still very biased to bull side on that channel. Anyone that dares mention anything bearish or negative is either talked over or ridiculed by the presenters. I have it on all day, every week day and they are amazingly bullish still on that channel considering the negative data coming out. They might be right but it gets on my nerves how biased they are sometimes.

Sorry is a bit off topic, but think you must have caught a rare bearish interview like the one with Roubini's staff member earlier.

Not many of them from what I've heard as they are still very biased to bull side on that channel. Anyone that dares mention anything bearish or negative is either talked over or ridiculed by the presenters. I have it on all day, every week day and they are amazingly bullish still on that channel considering the negative data coming out. They might be right but it gets on my nerves how biased they are sometimes.

Sorry is a bit off topic, but think you must have caught a rare bearish interview like the one with Roubini's staff member earlier.

I just look at the current cnbc.com investing headlines out of the 7 headlines:
- Roubini: Prep for correction
- Market corrections to be "common" after QE2 ends
- Fast traders: signs of big correction coming
then there's marketwatch.com telling how bad consumer confidence is and double dip housing...

admitedly my main position on this is based on breaking the FTSE,Dow,SP500 down trend on volume

FTSE Position

Time for my final swing(!) revenge Long at 5917, stop: who knows! target: up there!

FTSE Position

Well that's the end of my play with FTSE swinging...! gave most of the swinging profit back! I can see why most index players lose, far too volatile and macro-news sensitive.
Back to the sedate Position trading... :)

Position Closed

Stop hit, it wasn't really going anywhere...

MNZS.L 512 P/L: -3.07%