Market Manipulate

TheRegulator

Is the Markets Manipulated ? I am new to trading. Every time I place a position. It does the opposite direction, as if there someone pressing a button. Can anyone explain how it works when I spread bet. Am I betting against someone else going in the opposite side or am I just betting on which direction the market will flow?

Does there need to be a lot of volume in my direction for my position to be a winner?

Are the spreadbet companies cheating and manipulating the pricing against me or who is it that is pushing the price against me.

My account is always getting blown up. Even if I go with the trend it suddenly turns ...Any one can help explain would be appreciate.

Just to add further when it goes in the opposite direction I close my position, then all of a sudden it seems to go in my original direction. I am thinking WTF. Is this for real. Someone please enlighten me to how it works please I don't want to get blown up again!

This is not plumbing where you tighten a joint and it stops leaking.

We are up against professional traders, banks & huge moneyed interests. . I know this going in.

i'm ok with it, i'll beat them

This is not plumbing where you tighten a joint and it stops leaking.

We are up against professional traders, banks & huge moneyed interests. . I know this going in.

i'm ok with it, i'll beat them

Thank you sir. But why do they target my position. I am putting like £1 a point. and they steal £7 within a sec.

They don't target your position per se. to take out.

you are an avg, and they take out averages,

averages are the easiest to take out

They don't target your position per se. to take out.

you are an avg, and they take out averages,

averages are the easiest to take out

What your suggestion on how not to be an average per se. Is there a way not to be another target?

What your suggestion on how not to be an average per se. Is there a way not to be another target?

It sounds like you're trading for tiny profit targets and minute stop-losses. I'm going to guess you're fading moves of less than 2 hours duration, so you're effectively trying to pick transient tops and bottoms or reversals for temporary moves. I seriously suggest you do not day-trade at this stage and don't even watch prices on a minute by minute basis.

If you start doing TA on daily charts, and plotting where your would get in and out according to a strict set of rules laid out in advance, you will find yourself drawn to following trends. When you join a multi-day trend, there will be major money alongside your stake: no SB provider is big enough to take an opposing position just to cash in your (probably tiny in comparison) position.

take this analogy
if I have a football team with the best defense and offense.......and you are an average team. The amount of resource at my disposal would overwhelm you, the only thing you may have over me is the fact that I don't know how you may execute your strategies. So in essence if I know how you're thinking....you might as well give me the game because it's over. The analysis videos, articles and forums give the other team (banks,exchanges) that have unlimited resources all the strategies and thinking state of an average trader on a silver platter. You need your own system void of what these forums,articles are saying and the only way to do this is through months of trial and error. So you see the markets aren't rigged, your just in a competitive environment.

It sounds like you're trading for tiny profit targets and minute stop-losses. I'm going to guess you're fading moves of less than 2 hours duration, so you're effectively trying to pick transient tops and bottoms or reversals for temporary moves. I seriously suggest you do not day-trade at this stage and don't even watch prices on a minute by minute basis.

If you start doing TA on daily charts, and plotting where your would get in and out according to a strict set of rules laid out in advance, you will find yourself drawn to following trends. When you join a multi-day trend, there will be major money alongside your stake: no SB provider is big enough to take an opposing position just to cash in your (probably tiny in comparison) position.

Thanks tomorton. It sounds like I suck and ain't going to make it. Your guess is right I am looking at the 1 minute charts for opportunities. Hoping to scalp something.

I am such a loser.

What kind of trader are you and the strategy do you apply. Any advise is appreciated.

take this analogy
if I have a football team with the best defense and offense.......and you are an average team. The amount of resource at my disposal would overwhelm you, the only thing you may have over me is the fact that I don't know how you may execute your strategies. So in essence if I know how you're thinking....you might as well give me the game because it's over. The analysis videos, articles and forums give the other team (banks,exchanges) that have unlimited resources all the strategies and thinking state of an average trader on a silver platter. You need your own system void of what these forums,articles are saying and the only way to do this is through months of trial and error. So you see the markets aren't rigged, your just in a competitive environment.

So I should do the opposite to what everyone else is doing or thinking? Be unpredictable that what you mean?

So I should do the opposite to what everyone else is doing or thinking? Be unpredictable that what you mean?

To be honest, what everyone else is thinking is correct 2 out of 5 days.
What I'm saying is if your chart guy play around with the moving averages, fibonnaci's
stochastics, macd TIME PERIODS. Doing this for a couple of weeks won't get you to the holy grail but writing down "what not to do" will give you a sense of identity for YOUR trading. Aside from that, be careful trading big news days.....central bank opec etc.
I think the ability to walk away and not trade a day where you see something you've never seen before is key.......if you decide to trade remember that losing that day will cause you to work that money back the next day....best to keep your money instead of throwing it in the trash with a stupid guess. Believe me, certain days like 12/01/2016 had me thanking god that I walked away...

Thanks tomorton. It sounds like I suck and ain't going to make it. Your guess is right I am looking at the 1 minute charts for opportunities. Hoping to scalp something.

I am such a loser.

What kind of trader are you and the strategy do you apply. Any advise is appreciated.

well If you're looking for sympathy in a gladiator ring.......I'm going to now enjoy your head getting cut off amigo. First off, you may want to switch to 15 minutes.
1 minute chart is like an lsd trip. Second, unless you are the trading Buddha we all are looking for....it's very rare to go into a position and then expect profits within the next couple of minutes.....it takes hours or sometimes days. So trading does require balls of steel

I am such a loser.

You're not a loser until you're wiped out. If you're still in the game you can win it.

I trade by entry orders only on a trend-following basis. I just use MA's and candlesticks, no off-chart indicators. I only consult the daily charts after each close. In January I traded FTSE350 shares on this basis and made 17% profit on the account. Should have been better than 20% but I stubbornly or greedily also tried to short some weak stocks. This month I am long only in FTSE250 stuff and net +9%.

There are hundreds of ways to win this game, but the pre-cursor to getting wiped out is day-trading.