Making the daily analysis threads less visible

Sharky

Staff
I'm referring to those analysis threads updated on a daily basis, mostly with a commercial intent, and which tend to get little or no interaction from members. I'm not referring to member journals.

It's been suggested to me that we create a new forum for these types of threads and then hide them from the 'New posts' page.

The reasoning being they clutter up the list of new threads and are of little interest to the majority of the membership.

Feel free to share your thoughts below.

Bury them.

Most of the thread-starters won't engage if you post a comment or query. They don't disclose their analysis or methods so its impossible to gauge their value. I note many daily commentaries are copied and pasted on multiple sites simultaneously.

Yeah that's pretty much the way I see it, unwanted noise with very little value created.

+1 then for the new forum.

+4

I use "Thread Tools -> Ignore This thread" several times a day to bury such threads which keeps "New Posts" fairly in shape.

Great, thanks for the feedback everyone - I'm going to action this later today. Good tip f2flav about using the ignore thread feature.

Sharky, unrelated to the topic but important nonetheless. There has been a noticeable reduction in participation across the site over the last few years. I remember doing a refresh and having pages of new updates to look through. These days it's light. Perhaps a think about new features/competitions/professional blogs.... to give the site more pull and gain a larger community. Personally I am not looking to attract more new traders but more professionals. I would be willing to even pay a subscription to be part of a community of professionals. Maybe others have an opinion on this, although I suspect it won't align with mine.

Daily Analysis forum created in the Commercial category. We've moved most threads across (but will keep an eye for any more) and we've updated the New Posts button to exclude them.

Sharky, unrelated to the topic but important nonetheless. There has been a noticeable reduction in participation across the site over the last few years. I remember doing a refresh and having pages of new updates to look through. These days it's light. Perhaps a think about new features/competitions/professional blogs.... to give the site more pull and gain a larger community. Personally I am not looking to attract more new traders but more professionals. I would be willing to even pay a subscription to be part of a community of professionals. Maybe others have an opinion on this, although I suspect it won't align with mine.

Thanks for the feedback forker. By professional do you mean non-retail traders, or those retails traders that have an established track record of success? I'm guessing that latter. Well, I'm all in favour of hearing out members ideas for what we could do differently. The more I think about, the more a survey of the current active members is probably long overdue (the last one we did was 5 years ago). The internet has changed a lot in the past several years, so stepping back and better understanding T2W's place in it sounds like a really good idea.

The later but it's important to exclude ones that use this as a platform to advertise their services. Just a raw community of traders that love their work and enjoy dialogue with equal counterparts.

The new forum is up and running, you can view it here: Daily Analysis. So, what do you all think - do you notice a difference and does it enhance your enjoyment of T2W?

I've populated the new forum with the obvious candidates - but I will have overlooked some and may have included a few that don't warrant being in there. Please flag up any discrepancies to me (not the Mods) - and I'll attend to them.
Tim.

Very helpful grouping thanks Tim. Occasionally I do want to challenge my own analysis on this or that so this is a helpful single location to easily do just that.

I think they should be visible on new posts without any exclusion. At least they give sense that the site is serious and its about trading .

Without them it looks like a trolling paradise with less content about trading .

Btw i never read these analysis threads . :LOL:

Seriously at least they give some sense of content .