Making Money Trading

Which market do you want to learn to trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
with all due respect, out of these 1000 post you mention, there are probably about 3 posts that are worth it.

So, after the DOW 2007 thread, are now you off to disturbing and disrupting another fine thread?

I hope t_d and the other fine members of this thread don't pay attention to you. You've already shown you have very little to contribute.

I'am starting to detect a pattern here. Trader_dante and myself are amongst the few that post live trades with a logical, reasonable explanation to it. Either you are so frustrated at your failure to make money in the markets that you are on some kind of manhunt, or you are desperately seeking for advice but fail to show some respect first.

Without any previous posts in this thread, you still manage to come up with such a smart aleck comment? I really suggest you find yourself another hobby instead of criticizing other people's work.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Last couple off days i had one big profit trade and two smaller loss trades.
Luckely the profit was bigger than the two losses :D
Here is a new trade i took, short on the hourly GBPUSD.
I saw a pin rejected from a trendline, a pivotline and from a 61.8 fib line.
How much more confidence can you get right? :D
The first chart shows the whole fib. retracement, the second chart is more zoomed in.

I shorted it one pip below the pin, stop is still above the pin.

Reas

Hi Reas,

I took exactly the same setup for exactly the same reasons at exactly the same price!!

I've moved my stop to +22 which is just above the last hourly bar.

Last edited:
Great TD, i've moved my stop to BE, another free ride in the FX market. :)

@Bansir, I think these pins are allright, allthough the first one doesn't have its body in the range off the left eye, the second one looks better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hi Reas and all,
These could be good too, maybe.
Though there may not be enough momentum in the second eye to send it up.
I think would like to see 0.7210 broken , then maybe look for a pull-back and sneak a stop in somewhere under the 23.6 fib perhaps?

Thoughts anyone?

Best Regards,
Neil

I'd look for a good setup to go long just beneath 0.7250. If that goes I think this market will pop like a cork.

Last edited:
Eur/jpy

Any thoughts on the above pin bar forming at the moment? The price has since fallen past the left eye.

Order to open at 16442, 52 point stop

Tafita

Attachments

• eurjpy.JPG
    eurjpy.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 665
Last edited:
Any thoughts on the above pin bar forming at the moment? The price has since fallen past the left eye.

Order to open at 16442, 52 point stop

Tafita

Tafita,

I saw this setup too. Seems ok, my only concern being that the pin's body seems to me a little longer than a classic pin (as I understand it) and is aligned with the middle of the body of preceding bar, rather than nearer its low. Will wait and see if it triggers.

I have taken a long trade on a 2 hr pin on USDCHF (see attached chart). Would be interested in views on this.

Good trading,

NT

Attachments

• USDCHF.bmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 502
Tafita,

I saw this setup too. Seems ok, my only concern being that the pin's body seems to me a little longer than a classic pin (as I understand it) and is aligned with the middle of the body of preceding bar, rather than nearer its low. Will wait and see if it triggers.

My thoughts exactly on the Eur/Jpy setup. It is alright but not perfect. Is it worth risking money on a less than perfect setup? That's down to the individual trader. I personally wouldn't.

Nordtrader, your Usd/Chf has supportive confluence. You have an ascending TL on the hourly and a firm bounce of the 61.8. See chart 1

You also have a basic S/R pivot. See chart 2

However, what I don't like about this market is the choppy price action. I find trading in this kind of market is difficult because the "noise" often takes you out even if you are right in the direction you anticipate the market to move.

As a result I wouldn't have taken this setup. That is just me and I am very particular ;)

Attachments

• usd-chf.gif
    usd-chf.gif
    22 KB · Views: 861
  • usd-chf2.gif
    usd-chf2.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 865
Last edited:
Hi TD (Boss)

Its been over two weeks , i couldnt watch the market. I got tied in my MBA Final exams, two subjects with case study really hectic, moreover my office moved to london (oops, cant check chart so often), i would prefer to stick to higher timeframe as i could spend sometime in evening checking for setup in the charts.
Anyway will be posting again with more queries if i have any :)

Glad to see your thread crossed over 100 pages and has got useful information on every page except 3 posts ;) (it includes this post)

Good day, & Goodluck Trading
Fxbee

Tafita,

I have taken a long trade on a 2 hr pin on USDCHF (see attached chart). Would be interested in views on this.

Good trading,

NT

Good shout. My entries are still lacking. This set up is similar to one I noticed on USD/JPY 3hr chart.

Hi TD (Boss)

Its been over two weeks , i couldnt watch the market. I got tied in my MBA Final exams, two subjects with case study really hectic, moreover my office moved to london (oops, cant check chart so often), i would prefer to stick to higher timeframe as i could spend sometime in evening checking for setup in the charts.
Anyway will be posting again with more queries if i have any :)

Glad to see your thread crossed over 100 pages and has got useful information on every page except 3 posts ;) (it includes this post)

Good day, & Goodluck Trading
Fxbee

Yes you have been quiet FXbee! Good to have you back now. I hope your exams went well!

Stick to the higher TFs. They work just as well and are far less stressful :)

Hi Reas,

I took exactly the same setup for exactly the same reasons at exactly the same price!!

I've moved my stop to +22 which is just above the last hourly bar.

I was stopped out on this just now for +33 pips.
Net profit after overnight financing was £57.30

The highlighted box in the chart attached shows the range of each bar is contracting. When this happens there is often but not always a sharp move. As a result I put my stop just above the last inside bar.

Attachments

• gbp-usd.gif
    gbp-usd.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 930
Last edited:
I don't want to compare anything, i just want you to ****e or get off the pot after several pages of BS. But at least I openly state my methodology.

Poll ? Just do something ! Nobody cares if its EURUSD, Crude or Google. it'll be crap anyway so just get on with it.

Tom, as you'll recall I was a bit harsh with you when you started this thread, but just you certainly seem to be going great guns and doing a fantastic job of helping newbies (and others) along.
Humble pie :eek: and congrats from me ! ;)

Garry

My thoughts exactly on the Eur/Jpy setup. It is alright but not perfect. Is it worth risking money on a less than perfect setup? That's down to the individual trader. I personally wouldn't.

Nordtrader, your Usd/Chf has supportive confluence. You have an ascending TL on the hourly and a firm bounce of the 61.8. See chart 1

You also have a basic S/R pivot. See chart 2

However, what I don't like about this market is the choppy price action. I find trading in this kind of market is difficult because the "noise" often takes you out even if you are right in the direction you anticipate the market to move.

As a result I wouldn't have taken this setup. That is just me and I am very particular ;)

TD,
Your analysis is much appreciated. I was aware of the S/R pivot but had not spotted the ascending TL. There seems to be stiff resistance at around 1.1365 - a recent resistance zone and an S/R pivot back in early November. I have moved my stop to B/E. Happily this more or less coincides with the low of the most recent (and inside) bar - another tactic I've learnt from your thread :LOL:
Hope you'll keep this thread going for a while more - it has been of invaluable help to me.
Cheers,
NT

Nordtrader, your shout on usdchf is looking good. I like the fact that price was already in an uptrend on this one and the pin formed during a swing low and touched the ascending trendline as well as coming close to the 50 EMA.

Nice work

Tafita

I was stopped out on this just now for +33 pips.
Net profit after overnight financing was £57.30

The highlighted box in the chart attached shows the range of each bar is contracting. When this happens there is often but not always a sharp move. As a result I put my stop just above the last inside bar.

Ok TD that's fine isn't it? at least it isn't a loss.
I'm still in with my stop at BE, but now i'm gonna move my stop till above the double high bars at 2.0452

Reas

Trade update eur/jpy

Entry was triggered at 16442 on pin one which is a bit ropey. Pin two gave me confidence to stay in and keep the stop below the low of the first pin. Stop to BE 16445.

Out for 6 pts

Attachments

• eurjpy.JPG
    eurjpy.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.