(M)ES Trading

NaturalFlowTraders

Hello Traders,

I just realized that I have a T2W account lying around, so why not make the best of it. I'm completely new to the forum so some things will be figured out on the way. Hopefully if the thread continues for a while I will be able to edit the first post and add important markers if necessary.

I've been trading for a while and really would prefer to do only the necessary talking. I trade very simple price action / auction theory based setups mostly in a day trading environment and sometimes on a "higher" timeframe if I see a proper opportunity. I trade mostly the derivatives of the S&P 500 index, futures and cfd. Right here, right now I would like to focus first on the sort of new MES product. I've traded it on the first day it came out and a few other times but it has been out of my focus for a while, so this will be a good time to get back to it.

Today I started with a 1lot to test the connection and the fills and the goal is to lift the size to 3lots in the next days so that I can break up the position, since I prefer to exit in a scale out method much rather than a binary win or lose scenario. My goal is to run this journal through the end of the year with updates at least every three days but preferable daily.

Only live trades will be posted, since they contain the main element of trading: Emotions

Last edited:
Hello Traders,

I just realized that I have a T2W account lying around, so why not make the best of it. I'm completely new to the forum so some things will be figured out on the way. Hopefully if the thread continues for a while I will be able to edit the first post and add important markers if necessary.

I've been trading for a while and really would prefer to do only the necessary talking. I trade very simple price action / auction theory based setups mostly in a day trading environment and sometimes on a "higher" timeframe if I see a proper opportunity. I trade mostly the derivatives of the S&P 500 index, futures and cfd. Right here, right now I would like to focus first on the sort of new MES product. I've traded it on the first day it came out and a few other times but it has been out of my focus for a while, so this will be a good time to get back to it.

Today I started with a 1lot to test the connection and the fills and the goal is to lift the size to 3lots in the next days so that I can break up the position, since I prefer to exit in a scale out method much rather than a binary win or lose scenario. My goal is to run this journal through the end of the year with updates at least every three days but preferable daily.

, since they contain the main element of trading: Emotions

Good man. :)
But are You kidding? Live trades? No hindsight trades? This I gotta see. Live trades have an entry posted almost immediately (within 2-min). Ditto for exits and/or TPs

Hi fibo_trader,

I'm not kidding :) By live I mean trades that are sent to the exchange and got filled. No hypothetical or sim stuff, eventhough that has its use as well. So to clarify the journal will not be updated real time but EOD. Like this:

November_04_Monday

Hi fibo_trader,

I'm not kidding :) By live I mean trades that are sent to the exchange and got filled. No hypothetical or sim stuff, eventhough that has its use as well. So to clarify the journal will not be updated real time but EOD. Like this:

November_04_Monday

View attachment 269575

Looking forward to reading your stuff and learning from you. It appears you've been around since 2012. Good luck.

Okay, week. The mes works fine, I did collect a 3 point slippage on a stop loss but it was a very unusual move on the S&P anyway. I also managed to size up to 2 to 3 lots. There was one emotional mistake after the slippage stop loss, I fealt it was "undeserved" and that the market will bounce back anyway, but these are non existent things, so the goal for next week is just to trade the plan consistently on a 2 to 3 lot size. If I do well I will continue to push the size, to 5 lots.

Also, I really like the T2W platform for posting pictures. Awesome and easy setup.

Just to clarify there was a comment (later deleted) here, from a member asking what is the purpose of this journal if I'm not posting the trades real time and the following was my reply to him/her:

This is a trading journal, not a signal service. What is the point of posting a day trade in real time? By the time someone read it the market has changed price already and it would take away the traders focus from where it should be during the day, on the market. These are live trades, taken in real time, on the right edge, not marked after the fact, so it is not hindsight but a journal of the trades that were taken. You must understand the difference :) Take what is useful for you and if none of it, then simply find someting that is.

Last edited:

Okay just a quick note: Most of the trades visibly have a higher move in them than a 1 point scalp, so it would be worth it to expand them. I used to scalp the DOM for years so the 1 point trade is an existing habit. What I will do today is compare the executions in excel to a few different management styles. Using actual vs. 2 point and actual vs. 1R, which would be the initial risk being used as target. I do have a high win rate but less than 1R and the goal is to get the expectancy as high as possible, so I might do better with a lower win rate but much higher R. We will see.

Last edited: