Low Risk Entries

I still like to keep an eye on 1min. 3x3 hilo P&F for congestion breakouts. Obviously not so hot when volatility drops.

ZigZag

yep - but theres is no one method - run a bunch of methodologies - when they are working - keep them going - when they fail - dump em

dax said:
ZigZag

Totally agree with you on that. You have to be absolutely confident in your methodology with an exit point/stop if you are wrong...and you can be sure you won't be right all the time.

I know a couple of traders who specialize in just one pattern...I don't like it and have have failed with it...BUT, they make a truly enviable income.
I use my own patterns and they work for me...I can recognize them, have confidence in them, get out when I'm wrong, hang on when I'm right.

All TA methods have some degree of success...and it's a lot closer than you think. You can use price action alone and can be extremely successful if you're good at it.

Plus, over time you'll be able to recognize the character of price moves in your chosen market(s) and add a level of discretion to your indicators which will filter out a lot of marginal trades.

Dax, Can you tell us please, the pattern chosen by the two traders?
Sean

Failed re-tests and failed breakthroughs I find are low risk entries with the stop being easy to see and very close to your entry point.